Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 02-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
If not for a few people who didn't understand the difference between a critical review of the book and a feedback review of the actual shipping, packaging, etc., I would have a near perfect feedback rating. I pride myself on customer service and I have a money back guarantee on all of my products.
I used to sell on Marketplace, and a 96% positive is about as good as it gets there. You wonder why some of those people buy books, their reading comprehension is sadly lacking.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:05 AM   #17
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Amazon is not selling the book, Pandy is as an Amazon Marketplace participant. If you buy the book on Amazon, Amazon charges your account, takes a commission, and forwards the order to the seller.

If you looks at the details, Pandy has been given feedback by 155 people who bought from him through Amazon, with a 96% positive rating.
It states on Amazon that it's a verified purchase if it's bought (paid for) at Amazon. That way they have a record of the purchase.

EDIT: To show what I mean, Mr. Pandolfo has another book for sale at Amazon, which has five reviews, and all of them are verified purchases.

Last edited by Pensacola Pete; 02-05-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #18
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete View Post
It states on Amazon that it's a verified purchase if it's bought (paid for) at Amazon. That way they have a record of the purchase.

EDIT: To show what I mean, Mr. Pandolfo has another book for sale at Amazon, which has five reviews, and all of them are verified purchases.
That's right, if the review was left by a person who purchased the item on Amazon, it's recorded as a verified purchase. But you could still buy a book from my website and leave a review on Amazon. I never pay anyone or tell friends to leave reviews, which some writers do. I remember reading about some guy who has a bunch of digital novels for sale and he sold a million copies but when he started he paid people $100 to leave positive reviews of his book, which is pretty dishonest.

But what I will do sometimes, if I get an email from a customer who tells me how much he loves my book, I will ask him if he would mind leaving a review on Amazon.

One of the strangest things on Amazon is the drop-selling. How it works, there have been people selling my books, which I publish myself. They show that they have the book in stock, which is impossible, and they list it for three or four times the regular price. If someone buys it from them, they then order it from me! I contacted Amazon several times about these annoying and fraudulent drop sellers. But I can tell when one gets a sale because they buy the book from me and then ask me to ship it to another address in another state. Twice I caught them and I canceled the order, and I told them, I don't deal with drop sellers.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: