Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
lamboguy

2020 election odds

so far

Repulicans

Trump + 200

Pence +1000

Ryan +1200

Democrats

Warren +900

Sanders +1600

M. Obama +1600

nothing solid or worth paying to much attention to with these lines. i will be back with your updates in about 5 months.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Inner Dirt

I don't think a female who projects a nasty (female dog) personality can win the presidency. Look at Hillary she could not even beat Trump and I think her demeanor was also I factor. I say Warren has no chance.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I say Warren has no chance.

Oh, at first I thought you were talking about Michelle.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't think a female who projects a nasty (female dog) personality can win the presidency. Look at Hillary she could not even beat Trump and I think her demeanor was also I factor. I say Warren has no chance.
to me she has less than none!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
so far

Repulicans

Trump + 200

Pence +1000

Ryan +1200

Democrats

Warren +900

Sanders +1600

M. Obama +1600

nothing solid or worth paying to much attention to with these lines. i will be back with your updates in about 5 months.
FWIW, the last President who didn't voluntarily run for a second term after being elected the first time(and not finishing out another President's term) was Rutherford B Hayes back in 1884..In fact Hayes made it part of his campaign that a president should only serve one term.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Trump's age and the fact he had no idea what he was getting himself into I believe dictates he hangs it up after one term. It is way too early to even speculate about 2020.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 08-20-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
_______
Veteran

There are no Pence odds in 2020 that would be bettable because there is no scenario where Donald Trump isn't the candidate that doesn't also doom a Pence candidacy.

Anything that sinks Trump takes down Pence by definition.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #8
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
There are no Pence odds in 2020 that would be bettable because there is no scenario where Donald Trump isn't the candidate that doesn't also doom a Pence candidacy.

Anything that sinks Trump takes down Pence by definition.
Just ask Walter Mondale or Al Gore

Old 08-21-2017, 02:03 AM   #9
highnote

Not many good choices on the democratic ticket for 2020.

Tim Kaine, Gov of VA and Oprah Winfrey could be interesting candidates, but they are longshots at best.

Kaine would have the edge in experience. Oprah doesn't seem like she would tough enough during debates. But I could be wrong.

Trump was the right candidate to be elected. He may not be as popular nationally as Clinton, but enough people wanted an outsider that he got elected.

Now, whether is going to be a better president than Clinton would have been will be something that will be discussed for the next 50 years.

Last edited by highnote; 08-21-2017 at 02:05 AM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
classhandicapper

I think Trump is going pass tax reform, get the ball rolling on multi-year infrastructure investment, pass health care reform once we are "forced" to overhaul it (next year or whenever), continue cracking down on illegal and risky immigration, continue renegotiating Nafta and other trade deals, secure the border better, declare victory and decline to run for reelection.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #11
chadk66

if he doesn't get everything done that he really wants to get done in his first term he will run again and win by a much larger margin next time.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #12
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think Trump is going pass tax reform, get the ball rolling on multi-year infrastructure investment, pass health care reform once we are "forced" to overhaul it (next year or whenever), continue cracking down on illegal and risky immigration, continue renegotiating Nafta and other trade deals, secure the border better, declare victory and decline to run for reelection.
I'm pretty much on the other side with those predictions. Trump is going to be stymied by a dead-locked Congress, and tax reform, infrastructure spending, health care, and "The Wall" will only be addressed via minimalistic and ineffectual compromises, if at all. This is because I think the economy is about to run off the rails, and Trump will have his hands full with various other economic emergencies. At the same time, problems with foreign relations will pop up as American looks weaker by the day. A shooting war in the Middle East would set the stage for some severe impacts here in the U.S.

As far as the election goes, I'd be inclined to put down a small wager on "no election" or "postponed" due to martial law. It would no surprise to me if the next "president" is a military general or admiral.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
if he doesn't get everything done that he really wants to get done in his first term he will run again and win by a much larger margin next time.
Based on what if you don't mind my asking?
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #14
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If he does all that, then he would probably be re-elected and if there's one thing Trump likes, it's winning.If on the other hand, he gets frustrated by not getting things accomplished, the negative perceptions continue (and they will) and he misses the business world, where he doesn't have a fraction of the roadblocks politics throws at him, he might bow out.But I still think he runs again in 2020.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #15
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Based on what if you don't mind my asking?
based on the fact all the people that voted for him are very pleased with him so far and all understand congress is the issue. so they will vote in more Trump friendly alternatives in 18'. And due to the fact he is doing/attempting to do what he said he would more people that didn't vote for him are going to. I have half a dozen relatives that didn't vote for him that will next time as long as things keep going as good or better.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: