Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-11-2022, 01:48 PM   #76
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Be that as it may, Andy Serling is still, OBJECTIVELY, the BEST, hardest working, MOST INFORMED on-air analyst this business has EVER seen.

OBJECTIVELY

ALWAYS HAS BEEN....ALWAYS WILL BE

Full stop

Not wrong.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:09 PM   #77
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheffwed View Post
Anthony's all right, he's a nice backup announcer, and he'd make a great lead handicapper actually
Wouldn't mind seeing NYRA upgrade their lead handicapper to Stabile.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 02:56 PM   #78
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing NYRA upgrade their lead handicapper to Stabile.
Thread has staying power.

Old 08-11-2022, 02:58 PM   #79
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A LOT of people hate the "2nd ave deli"

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-08-11 145830.gif (8.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 08-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #80
affirmedny

Apropos for this thread, the 2nd ave deli is now on FIRST AVE.
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 09:50 PM   #81
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No he wouldn't...not as long as Serling is working there

That's like saying you have Tom Durkin, but Peter Berry would be a better choice in the booth

Some of you need to put down the crack pipe
IDK in all seriousness Andy Serling is a bit aged when it comes to all the track analysis personalities. Sure his following is mostly boomers and there is still a need for that but getting the younger people involved is essential to the future of racing. I personally don’t mind the young/old combo , Gulfstream Park has it set up the same way. It just looks weird...but I guess it’s a formula to get attention from both younger and seasoned horse players.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 10:25 PM   #82
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
IDK in all seriousness Andy Serling is a bit aged when it comes to all the track analysis personalities. Sure his following is mostly boomers and there is still a need for that but getting the younger people involved is essential to the future of racing. I personally don’t mind the young/old combo , Gulfstream Park has it set up the same way. It just looks weird...but I guess it’s a formula to get attention from both younger and seasoned horse players.
Yes, you're right, they need some younger commentators. They should copy the NFL, which had the top four programs on TV last year with the 18-49 demographic (and its top two broadcasts, Sunday and Thursday night football, had more than double the audience of the 5th-place show). Here are the ages of the NFL's play-by-play faces for this fall:

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Clearly they need to bring in more 30-year-old announcers to draw that young crowd because these old announcers are keeping them from getting that...oh wait. Maybe not.

Reading the discussion here this week has been humorous (my dog kept spinning around with all the deli whistles though). However, I think the idiotic track announcers' slap-fighting thread was the topper. Maybe we SHOULD bring in some young people to replace those fools.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 10:37 PM   #83
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Yes, you're right, they need some younger commentators. They should copy the NFL, which had the top four programs on TV last year with the 18-49 demographic (and its top two broadcasts, Sunday and Thursday night football, had more than double the audience of the 5th-place show). Here are the ages of the NFL's play-by-play faces for this fall:

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Clearly they need to bring in more 30-year-old announcers to draw that young crowd because these old announcers are keeping them from getting that...oh wait. Maybe not.

Reading the discussion here this week has been humorous (my dog kept spinning around with all the deli whistles though). However, I think the idiotic track announcers' slap-fighting thread was the topper. Maybe we SHOULD bring in some young people to replace those fools.
No comparison. Nice try though.The majority of horse race interest has been dying off the last decade and continues to do so. That’s why your local OTB is 20% of what it use to be just 10 years ago. Can’t say that about football or baseball or hockey or basketball etc etc etc
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 10:54 PM   #84
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post

Al Michaels (77) Amazon
Jim Nantz (63) CBS
Mike Tirico (55) NBC
Joe Buck (53) ESPN
Kevin Burkhardt (48) FOX

Westernmassbob is actually a super clever troll that knows everything he posts is moronic.

Either that or he's unbelievably stupid. I'm going to be nice and go with the former.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2022, 10:58 PM   #85
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post

Man, you do have a hard on for Andy. You ought to stfu already.

Andy is still the man. A man who can articulate the nuances of a race as smooth as silk. A man who's forgotten more about racing than you'll ever know, and can still bring the heat!
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 10:53 AM   #86
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
Since the thread title is "Anthony Stabile" I will share some help he gave me a while back. I was handicapping a race and found a horse that I thought did not qualify for the condition. The way races are written I have trouble sometimes. About the same time I was reading an article AS wrote and noticed his contact info at the bottom. I shot him an email about said race and he replied and cleared up the confusion. The Big A is easy to like!!
Not only is Anthony easy to like, he's a genuine guy who would give the shirt off his back to a friend. In terms of his knowledge and work ethic, it's one of the best I've encountered in my lifetime.

Before he started doing more and more for NYRA, we worked together on HRRN Live for a number of years, Wednesday through Friday, 3 to 6 eastern, particularly on Wednesday and some Thursdays covering minor tracks with lots of time between races. He has an insane knowledge of the sport and particularly NYRA but could do well as a handicapper for ANY track in North America.

Last edited by ubercapper; 08-12-2022 at 10:54 AM.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 11:01 AM   #87
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Westernmassbob is actually a super clever troll that knows everything he posts is moronic.

Either that or he's unbelievably stupid. I'm going to be nice and go with the former.
...and Castaway played football without a helmet.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #88
king kong

Andy

I wish he would also put his best bet of the day somehow. It is a lot of work to sift through 10 puzzles and watch replays.He is doing a great job.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #89
Robert Fischer
clean money

Stabile steps it up a notch, and subsequently an Amazonian butterfly flaps it's wings

jeez I thought a few people would credit Big-A and move on. this thread still here?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: