Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Spa title this year? Unless Flavor Flav has a significant increase in mounts these last few weeks I don’t think it’s possible. Saez has a better chance. NYRA does have a great jockey colony but it’s not a deep one like in California. It won’t be long before Irad/Flav team up and grab over 50% of the wins in NY. It will make for competitive racing ...between 2 jockeys and everyone else will pick up the scraps.
Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?[/QUOTE]

Of course Prat won't win this year, don't think that was the intent.

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 11:34 AM   #47
TonyK@HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholl View Post
Think that is likely ex-trainer of the same name? Has not had a runner since September of last year at Presque Isle. May be doing bloodstock agent work now.
I spoke to Tony (Anthony's dad) a few months ago. He was suffering from some physical ailments and was not able to train at that time. Not sure if he's working as a bloodstock agent now.
TonyK@HSH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 11:41 AM   #48
Suff
Beat up 💪

Stabile

Old 08-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #49
tholl

Thanks for sharing!
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #50
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I do two podcasts and a few race previews a week with David and I don't remember ever hearing him have and "beef" with Rosario. He has praised him plenty and I know he voted for him for the Eclipse Award last year. I'm sure he calls out individual rides, same as he does for all riders.
He has ZERO beef with Rosario and that entire post was nonsense. No surprise, making things up about about people, what they do and say, is an internet disease.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #51
v j stauffer

Quote:
Are you saying the jockey colony (currently) in Ca. is stronger than NYRA'S?

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.[/QUOTE]

The "quotes" and replies got all messed up there.

My take on the two colonies is there are 5 guys riding at Saratoga that could be runaway leading rider at Del Mar.

And nobody who's currently riding at Del Mar who could crack the top 5 at Saratoga.

NYRA is MUCH stronger. Not even close!
Old 08-09-2022, 12:31 PM   #52
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post

As for jockey colonies, literally nobody outside of your post here thinks that California is deeper than New York. It isn't remotely close.

The "quotes" and replies got all messed up there.

My take on the two colonies is there are 5 guys riding at Saratoga that could be runaway leading rider at Del Mar.

And nobody who's currently riding at Del Mar who could crack the top 5 at Saratoga.

NYRA is MUCH stronger. Not even close!
Thanks, I tried to decipher what happened on the quoting and couldn't pull it off.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 03:43 PM   #53
Pigpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Suff knows what is going on.
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #54
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Peps View Post
I think David's frustration with Rosario may be his overly patient riding style at times and taking horses so far back trying to make that one huge closing run and usually from the outside. There isn't much room for error when adopting that tactic. When it works there isn't a ride that is more of a pleasure to watch I do think Rosario is great on the lead when he does go that route for my money there is nobody that I would want on my horse and that is just my opinion. When he goes to the lead he does exactly that, he will open up. He was key in developing one of my better horses over the years by creating a running style that was tough to compete with in many races. Joel can be frustrating at times but he has a ton of confidence and I can say from personal experience if he makes a mistake while riding a horse he is one of the very few that will tell you exactly that and he gets my respect for that. Rosario is kind of a mad scientist in my book but a world class rider and a very solid dude. Hell of a nice guy as well ( not that anyone said otherwise)
We could criticize every jockey at the track for being overly patient at times, when it comes to the guys that win the highest percentage of their races though it becomes the Pat Day effect. Expecting them to win every race where their mount is live....regardless of the class of the horse, the pace dynamics of the race and the running style of their mounts.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 06:56 PM   #55
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
Suff knows what is going on.
i hope he wins with every horse. lots of luck to him
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 07:15 PM   #56
metro

Quote:
I do two podcasts and a few race previews a week with David and I don't remember ever hearing him have and "beef" with Rosario. He has praised him plenty and I know he voted for him for the Eclipse Award last year. I'm sure he calls out individual rides, same as he does for all riders.
Overly critical compared to other top level riders may have been more appropriate than "beef" on my part, realizing it's a take on a public handicapper that probably no one else really shares. Just bugs me when some jockeys seem to be immune to criticism from those with a voice in the game (not just DA) while for other jockeys it's always open season.

Appreciate the work you and David do on the podcasts and race previews! Just wish I could find time to listen to all of the them, they've definitely helped my ROI by talking me into using horses I wouldn't have used otherwise.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #57
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He has ZERO beef with Rosario and that entire post was nonsense. No surprise, making things up about about people, what they do and say, is an internet disease.
Saying Prat was an upgrade over Rosario was nonsense. It's like saying Max Scherzer is an upgrade over Justin Verlander.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:43 AM   #58
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Saying Prat was an upgrade over Rosario was nonsense. It's like saying Max Scherzer is an upgrade over Justin Verlander.
Proof please.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 08:59 AM   #59
Pigpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i hope he wins with every horse. lots of luck to him

Since the thread title is "Anthony Stabile" I will share some help he gave me a while back. I was handicapping a race and found a horse that I thought did not qualify for the condition. The way races are written I have trouble sometimes. About the same time I was reading an article AS wrote and noticed his contact info at the bottom. I shot him an email about said race and he replied and cleared up the confusion. The Big A is easy to like!!
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-10-2022, 10:53 AM   #60
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Berry View Post
Once again, you can never stay on point. You just ramble. Anyway, feel free to have the last word. And if you honestly don’t believe you embarrass yourself on a daily basis, then you are, indeed, a lost cause. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Not that this will bother anyone in the slightest, but this is my final post at Pace Advantage. It’s all yours, Serling.
Wow, so much to unpack in this tweet:

Talk about a persecution complex. Most of that stuff he listed never actually happened.

But that never stopped anyone on twitter before...

I guess all these years on here that I kept asking why such an excellent announcer like Peter Berry doesn't get picked up for a major circuit gig...there's my answer, all wrapped up in one tidy tweet.

It's not his announcing that's holding him back...that's for sure.

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-08-10 105054.gif (88.4 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-10-2022 at 10:57 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: