Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #46
mostpost

O the rail posted

Jimmy Corporations don't pay Taxes... they are a conduit to collect them and pass them on to the coffers of the government be it local or federal. So this 15% will be passed on plus the added cost of compliance... so really 18 to 20% will be passed along to the end users.

Here let's put it in terms even a former letter mule can comprehend. Why does the United States Post Office keep raising the price of stamps on their customers?

My response

I googled, “Do corporations pass their corporate tax obligation on
To their customers?” Guess what? Every conservative web site said, Corporations don’t pay taxes. Every Liberal site said yes they do. Which proves conservatives know not of which they speak.

Corporate taxes are paid on corporate profits. Corporate profits are known at the end of the year, which is when taxes are assessed. So, how does a corporation know how much to raise its prices to pay its taxes. If it raises them to much it loses business to its competitors. Even if it guesses correctly, passing the tax on to its customers means the corporations profits increase and therefore, its tax burden.

The corporation can’t pass along its tax burden because it can’t know what that burden is and the very act of passing along that burden changes it.

The United States Postal Service keeps raising the price of a stamp because a Republican Congress forced them to fully fund their retirement program 75 years into the future. People who aren’t even born yet have their retirement fully paid for; if they go to work for USPS. Naturally, none of those Republicans care one wit about postal employees. Their objective was to destroy USPS and they may yet succeed l
Old 08-08-2022, 06:35 PM   #47
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Read it and weep

https://www.atr.org/list-of-tax-hike...RYnO5rRQpTeaxk
Old 08-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #48
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
O the rail posted

Jimmy Corporations don't pay Taxes... they are a conduit to collect them and pass them on to the coffers of the government be it local or federal. So this 15% will be passed on plus the added cost of compliance... so really 18 to 20% will be passed along to the end users.

Here let's put it in terms even a former letter mule can comprehend. Why does the United States Post Office keep raising the price of stamps on their customers?

My response

I googled, “Do corporations pass their corporate tax obligation on
To their customers?” Guess what? Every conservative web site said, Corporations don’t pay taxes. Every Liberal site said yes they do. Which proves conservatives know not of which they speak.

Corporate taxes are paid on corporate profits. Corporate profits are known at the end of the year, which is when taxes are assessed. So, how does a corporation know how much to raise its prices to pay its taxes. If it raises them to much it loses business to its competitors. Even if it guesses correctly, passing the tax on to its customers means the corporations profits increase and therefore, its tax burden.

The corporation can’t pass along its tax burden because it can’t know what that burden is and the very act of passing along that burden changes it.

The United States Postal Service keeps raising the price of a stamp because a Republican Congress forced them to fully fund their retirement program 75 years into the future. People who aren’t even born yet have their retirement fully paid for; if they go to work for USPS. Naturally, none of those Republicans care one wit about postal employees. Their objective was to destroy USPS and they may yet succeed l
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...r-Higher-Taxes

This says it much better than me.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #49
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

What an idiotic article. Taxes are not a cost of doing business, really? Clearly the person who wrote the article has never been in corporate finance or accounting or any finance or accounting for that matter. Taxes are projected and budgeted way into the future.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:34 PM   #50
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Here you go from the article:

A letter to Congress from the American Gas Association warned that the methane tax would amount to a 17% increase on an average family’s natural gas bill.

You people with gas for your home and business heating and cooking purposes have to pay an extra 17% for natural gas, cry me a river.
Some people would complain if their beer was too cold. Do you people that complain about everything this administration is doing for the good of everyone and the planet realize how self centered you are?

I would love to sign a check for a natural gas bill for heating my home and shop. I am stuck using electricity and heating oil in portable heaters.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 07:41 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Here you go from the article:

A letter to Congress from the American Gas Association warned that the methane tax would amount to a 17% increase on an average family’s natural gas bill.

You people with gas for your home and business heating and cooking purposes have to pay an extra 17% for natural gas, cry me a river.
Some people would complain if their beer was too cold. Do you people that complain about everything this administration is doing for the good of everyone and the planet realize how self centered you are?

I would love to sign a check for a natural gas bill for heating my home and shop. I am stuck using electricity and heating oil in portable heaters.
My nat gas bill at my restaurant is $1200+ a month. I’m not happy
Old 08-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #52
fast4522

Quote:
They have done everything that they could to hurt restaurants, people who like to eat can always go on a cruise ship.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #53
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I was just messing with you Ralph, I was playing the part of the liberal or any other selfish person who thinks only for themselves. I know for a fact even if you get high rates for natural gas per the national average and low rates for electricity per the same, if you replaced all the natural gas appliances with
"energy star electric" your utility bills would go up quite a bit. That is nothing compared all to the expensive electrical upgrades you would need.

Maybe you should be the sacrificial lamb, for the cause. Move back to California into one of those new construction mandated all electric commercial properties. Build a same sized restaurant, in an area with similar demographics. List the cost of the all electric construction compared to being able to use natural gas. Then compare utility bills, for operating expenses, and amortize construction costs over the typical life of a restaurant. Then you will report back on the increased expenses you had to pass on to customers.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:35 PM   #54
Inner Dirt

Quote:

P.S. I believe everything you post, you just don't always understand when I am screwing around and being sarcastic. I can have a strange sense of humor at times.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:00 PM   #55
fast4522

Quote:
The resident commie will not cut and paste your link.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 10:57 PM   #56
mostpost

Quote:
$6.5 Billion Natural Gas Tax Which Will Increase Household Energy Bills

What they don’t tell you is this is a tax on Methane emissions. The less methane you emit, the lower the tax you pay. They also don’t tell you that the bill offers generous subsidies for companies that install emissions reducing technology.

As for homeowners, in Illinois, a typical homeowner might pay $30-35 a month more in the coldest months.

They also make no mention of consumer savings on clean energy rebates, health insurance premiums and reduced drug prices. One estimate is that those savings may be as high as $1800 a year.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:22 PM   #57
Dave Schwartz

I think I know the answer - having heard it from a very erudite guy earlier today - but I need to ask the question anyway.

"Why must they hire all these new IRS agents?"

(Truly praying someone can provide an answer far different than I heard this morning.)
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 11:30 PM   #58
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I think I know the answer - having heard it from a very erudite guy earlier today - but I need to ask the question anyway.

"Why must they hire all these new IRS agents?"

(Truly praying someone can provide an answer far different than I heard this morning.)
to go after the middle class...you don't need that many to go after the highest earning people in this country
Old 08-08-2022, 11:31 PM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

PS Republicans are no longer the answer to this entire problem

They are a huge part of the problem.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:43 PM   #60
Dave Schwartz

I am part of a group of guys who call themselves The Futurists.

Everyone in the group (except me) either owns or manages a $100m and up company. (I know; it's crazy. Why am I there, right?)

One of them said to me this morning that the plan is to collect taxes that are not being paid by auditing the crap out of Americans.

More specifically, registered Republicans.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: