Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-26-2022, 11:43 PM   #211
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
It’s called deflection, or whataboutism.

Try to follow Cliffy, it was mentioned that the gun laws on the books need to be enforced, before more gun laws are entertained that only law abiding citizens will follow. Hunter Biden and his sister in law were examples of people disobeying gun laws without punishment. That applies to this discussion.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #212
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/cbp-of...save-daughter/

Harrowing
Old 05-27-2022, 12:33 AM   #213
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well, that kinda explains everything then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUm9KsLc05Y
Let’s start with Brian SicknickNicole Wallace did not just make that up. The Capitol Police reported Sicknick died as the result of being struck by a fire extinguisher. Jeffrey Rosen, Acting AG said the same. It wasn’t until April that the coroner’s report came out saying he died from a stroke and no blunt trauma was found.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capito...d-during-riots

Jan. 8, 2021 Fox News reported the same thing as Nicole Wallace.

The same day the coroner released his report identifying the actual cause of Sicknick’s death, it was reported on MSNBC. But that’s the big difference. When MSNBC gets something wrong the correct it. When they get incorrect information they acknowledge it. Unlike the scum at Fox News.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:40 AM   #214
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Let’s start with Brian SicknickNicole Wallace did not just make that up. The Capitol Police reported Sicknick died as the result of being struck by a fire extinguisher. Jeffrey Rosen, Acting AG said the same. It wasn’t until April that the coroner’s report came out saying he died from a stroke and no blunt trauma was found.

The same day the coroner released his report identifying the actual cause of Sicknick’s death, it was reported on MSNBC. But that’s the big difference. When MSNBC gets something wrong the correct it. When they get incorrect information they acknowledge it. Unlike the scum at Fox News.
Yeah, it's weird how all the "innocent mistake" went against Trump/Conservatives/Republicans etc. All the "innocent mistakes" designed to make one particular side look like monsters/criminals/Putin-puppets/traitors...OR...similarly..."innocent mistakes" that PROP UP Biden/Democrats/The Left

You know...like the Hunter Biden laptop being fake/russian/etc.etc.

OOOPSIES again...

Go home...you're not even good at this anymore, if you ever were
Old 05-27-2022, 12:51 AM   #215
Inner Dirt

Quote:

You want scum, how about Senile Joe labeling Kyle Rittenhouse a white supremacist murderer. When he was found not guilty did Biden take back what he said? You are all for a President who slanders innocent people, who is the scum, now? Anyone who watched the unbiased Court TV coverage was shocked Rittenhouse even faced charges as he was 100% innocent. The POS
liberal media found him guilty without cause, F**K them.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 01:05 AM   #216
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, it's weird how all the "innocent mistake" went against Trump/Conservatives/Republicans etc. All the "innocent mistakes" designed to make one particular side look like monsters/criminals/Putin-puppets/traitors...OR...similarly..."innocent mistakes" that PROP UP Biden/Democrats/The Left

You know...like the Hunter Biden laptop being fake/russian/etc.etc.

OOOPSIES again...

Go home...you're not even good at this anymore, if you ever were
I said nothing about innocent mistakes. Wallace reported what the Capitol police said, as did Fox News and many others. When that information turned out to be incorrect, she reported that.

BTW I do all this from home, so that’s not going to help you. And you desperately need help.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:29 AM   #217
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 05-27-2022, 03:32 AM   #218
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Border Patrol agents hat after shootout. Saw it on twitter…..?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6297D5CD-91BD-4FA0-95B6-87A5B662B360.jpeg (83.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-27-2022, 07:16 AM   #219
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The ex sister in law who he was dating dumped the gun in a no gun zone, close to a school, in a trash can. The family thought Hunter having a gun would be dangerous. What is dumb about mentioning a gun left in a trash can close to a school? Fortunately it was found by someone searching for recyclables who turned it in. We have two gun laws that were violated without any consequences.
I'm not interested in giving this any extra oxygen.

I'll just say anybody interested in bringing this up in relation to recent events isn't a serious person.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:54 AM   #220
PressThePace

As I sit here reading through the entire thread, is resembles almost every other General Forum thread. Back and forth dribble, from opinions to trivial squabbles over context. I've learned that I'm no better, really.

But, when is it time to get to the obvious issue....mass shootings and the ability of people with little to no firearm training, to blow several people away in minutes if not seconds? There's a litany of reasons pointed out in this thread as to why this is happening and most if not all are true. The most popular reason is usually related to a societal problem, with break-downs of the family unit, etc. I would think that should be obvious to all of us. But, do we really think that's gonna change? I've been in public ed for 25 years and it gets worse every school year. It's never going back to the way it was, so stop stating the obvious and focus on what we as a people need to do. I hear the mental health crisis explanation until I'm blue in the face. Newsflash...crazy people have been walking among us since the dawn of time! We're not changing that, either. I could go on, but you get the point. We're not changing society's ills.

I want to preface my next statement by saying that I'm a gun owner. I own six rifles, three shotguns, and two pistols, I'm an avid outdoorsman and hunt on a regular basis. I'm a registered Republican, but I consider myself a moderate. I spent my early twenties thinking I had to be a liberal because I didn't believe in the extreme conservative ideals here in Oklahoma. As I grew older, I realized that I was in fact more conservative than I had thought. But, still not far right. So, as I stand today, I want to unequivocally state that if I could have saved just one of those lives in Texas, or in Buffalo, or in any other mass shooting by giving up a semi-automatic weapon, I would do it. When we hear the phrase, "freedom isn't free', it shouldn't mean that our babies and small children have to die for our freedom to possess a firearm. This is absolutely ridiculous to squabble over something that could absolutely save lives. It is time for gun reform that matters. Whether it means more extensive background checks or the inability to purchase certain types of firearms, I'm all for it.

One more thing. When I listened to Biden, he actually did state one thing that made sense to me. Other countries have mental illness. They have broken and lost people. But, the mass shootings don't happen. I believe that is true. Why not hammer down on our elected officials to do the right thing and pass legislation that requires more extensive background checks? What harm will it do, other than slow gun sales??
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 09:04 AM   #221
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
One more thing. When I listened to Biden, he actually did state one thing that made sense to me. Other countries have mental illness. They have broken and lost people. But, the mass shootings don't happen. I believe that is true. Why not hammer down on our elected officials to do the right thing and pass legislation that requires more extensive background checks? What harm will it do, other than slow gun sales??
Relatively similar background and we disagree on a bit but at least could discuss solutions.

There is one party that won't even let things like background checks come to a vote.

It's not the Democrats.

I don't agree with the hardly any of them on the issue but at least there is effort whereas in the other party any sort of compromise is tantamount to defeat.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #222
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Wow
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #223
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Relatively similar background and we disagree on a bit but at least could discuss solutions.

There is one party that won't even let things like background checks come to a vote.

It's not the Democrats.

I don't agree with the hardly any of them on the issue but at least there is effort whereas in the other party any sort of compromise is tantamount to defeat.
I can agree with you. I think it's necessary to find common ground. Too bad we're in the minority.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #224
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

It's not the Democrats.

I bought my guns many moons ago, as did my wife. I'm pretty sure we both went through background checks because the laws required it. So...what is the point, again, exactly for those "background checks come to a vote"?
Old 05-27-2022, 09:31 AM   #225
JustRalph
Just another Facist

You don’t need background checks for any of your rights.

2nd Amend is a right just like the 1st Amend

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: