Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #91
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
And it was E Guillot"s brother Chip who started this whole thing and I would
wager that he had a nice wager on Moreno
Agreed., that there's either a big wager , or serious Bragging Rights on the line!

$25.40 $9.80 not a bad door prize for Moreno, considering it was no secret that he'd get the lead and be uncontested early by the 2 favorites (Palace Malice and Verrazano).

All you needed was faith in the horse - something Guillot bros have in droves.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #92
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordep17
watched it a few times more.
Definitely looks to be a handoff---Im just not sure why the other jockey would be in it...
Pat day also rode a Lukas trained horse that day.. of course, yet another note from that day is that the pacesetter Serena's Song was also a lukas horse.. soooooooo were they all connected by wifi buzzers?
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #93
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

All this talk of "suspicious" or "peculiar" movements by Saez is total bull.

Just what was suspicious?

he switched his whip from one hand to the other?
he untied the knot in the reins?
after untying the knot he dropped his hands and let all the rein out?

Did anyone watch the replays and still shots on the NBC telecast today?
They slowed and showed all the "crucial moments" where Saez may have done something "suspicious"...they even show his right hand open, and guess what, it's empty. Then they move the tape forward a bit to when he opens his left hand...and again, nothing.

Bottom line:
Saez and Lukas are innocent
Guillot is a prick
Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #94
Stillriledup
Veteran

Unfortunately for the "tin foil hat" crowd i found a camera angle on the 1995 Derby that sort of indicates that Gary Stevens is innocent of all charges. There's a low camera angle on a video i found that shows Gary twirl his stick in his right hand right after the wire (and before the "handoff") and then shows him open his hand. Now, the camera cuts the video of the bottom of his hand off, so you can't see if he dropped anything out of his hand when it opened up, but you can see his right hand open about 5 seconds before his handshake with Pat Day.

You can see this at 17:10 on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27sCLfyMgQ
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #95
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
All this talk of "suspicious" or "peculiar" movements by Saez is total bull.

Just what was suspicious?

he switched his whip from one hand to the other?
he untied the knot in the reins?
after untying the knot he dropped his hands and let all the rein out?

Did anyone watch the replays and still shots on the NBC telecast today?
They slowed and showed all the "crucial moments" where Saez may have done something "suspicious"...they even show his right hand open, and guess what, it's empty. Then they move the tape forward a bit to when he opens his left hand...and again, nothing.

Bottom line:
Saez and Lukas are innocent
Guillot is a prick
Racing has a bad reputation right now of sweeping things under the rug and has a huge transparency problem, to come down hard on Guillot, who is essentially a whistleblower here, is the wrong message i think.

Guillot isnt well liked right now but i have to admit, as a bettor, i would rather have a blustery Guillot (or a blustery Dutrow) say something about what he thinks he saw than a trainer who might just keep it to himself.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 09-01-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #96
statepierback

Question slow motion

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ww...OEk/edit?pli=1
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #97
Elliott Sidewater

Clearly shows an empty right hand at 39 seconds. I think he as just switching the reins, pretty sure of that. What do others think?
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #98
TurfRuler

Was it a disposable "buzzer" or are we entertaining in the world of Dick Frances?
TurfRuler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #99
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by statepierback
now that video ought to put this thing to rest. the part where he pulled his right hand off and still had his hand clenched when he brought it to his thigh and then back to his reins was the part on the full speed video that made it look very sketchy. But this video nullifies that for sure.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #100
JustRalph
Just another Facist

somebody get that horse whisper dude to ask the horse
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #101
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

whistleblower?...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Racing has a bad reputation right now of sweeping things under the rug and has a huge transparency problem, to come down hard on Guillot, who is essentially a whistleblower here, is the wrong message i think.

Guillot isnt well liked right now but i have to admit, as a bettor, i would rather have a blustery Guillot (or a blustery Dutrow) say something about what he thinks he saw than a trainer who might just keep it to himself.
Your first paragraph is ridiculous - there is nothing to sweep under the rug here, and Guillot is not a whistleblower.
Learn the difference between a whistleblower and a sore losing whiner.

There are different levels of not "keeping it to himself"...you do know it's possible to file the complaint without talking to folks in the racing press.
It's also possible to answer questions with "let's let things play out" then the punk ass allegations he is throwing around.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #102
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

Guillot never saw anything until his brother talk him into this BS.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #103
SandyW

The minute Saez is cleared which will be soon, he should call his lawyer and sue this phony cry baby sour loser for everything that his got.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #104
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfRuler
Was it a disposable "buzzer" or are we entertaining in the world of Dick Frances?
Disposable buzzers are usually dropped after the wire, going around the turn. That's one of the problems with the Thunder Gulch Derby - why not just drop the damn thing rather than risk a handoff? The other problem is that like Will Take Charge in this year's Travers, I didn't see Thunder Gulch's tail show the buzz behavior by snapping violently - that alone doesn't mean he wasn't buzzed, but it makes it less likely.

As for the world of Dick Francis, I don't recall any of his novels mentioning or using a buzzer - though one of his stories revolves around conditioning horses with a flamethrower and high-pitched whistle, resulting in a surge of adrenalin from the fear of being burned.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #105
iceknight

Guys.. I have a new theory
Someone had a voodoo doll of Jose Ortiz and punched it right during the end of the stretch near.. this could have been a bettor who had big money riding on WTC.

Check also
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ng&FORM=HDRSC2

By the way I got there by trying to find out what these buzzers look like.. I mean, for all this chatter,.. no one has actually posted one link to what these darned buzzers look like!!
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply