Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #16
statepierback

If all the plck six wagers were down loaded to the main hub after the third race I would have to respect the integrity of the ticket. However if its still the case that only the alive tickets are down loaded after the first four legs of the sequence are complete then this should be looked into further. Jmtcw.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #17
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Sharp post.

Heaven forbid someone actually handicapped beautifully and constructed a winning ticket.

If the all's had been legs 2 and 4 and the single in the last nobody would be crying.

Man up and handicap better.

I was about to post the exact same thing
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Ask Chris Harn! He tried to save the cash by using 4 singles and look where it got him.
No quite the same thing.

The guy reportedly spent $9600...that ain't chump change....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-25-2013 at 01:37 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
BreadandButter

Quote:
Sharp post.

Heaven forbid someone actually handicapped beautifully and constructed a winning ticket.

If the all's had been legs 2 and 4 and the single in the last nobody would be crying.

When you have almost 10% of the ticket cost tied into a horse that went off at 105/1 and ran up the track dead last I wouldn't exactly call that "handicapped beautifully".

It would be nice to know how the other losing tickets from this account were constructed as well.

But with the information provided at this point - I truly find it very hard to believe this was a legit ticket purchased prior to the running of the first leg of the Pick 6. Depending upon the process employed time stamps have the potential to be altered as well.

Since the BC scandal the process of pulling the tickets from the ADWs/offsite etc. has changed or has it? If so has it changed in all of North America or just the US?
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadandButter
When you have almost 10% of the ticket cost tied into a horse that went off at 105/1 and ran up the track dead last I wouldn't exactly call that "handicapped beautifully".

It would be nice to know how the other losing tickets from this account were constructed as well.

But with the information provided at this point - I truly find it very hard to believe this was a legit ticket purchased prior to the running of the first leg of the Pick 6. Depending upon the process employed time stamps have the potential to be altered as well.

Since the BC scandal the process of pulling the tickets from the ADWs/offsite etc. has changed or has it? If so has it changed in all of North America or just the US?
Ok you're right. He put up $9000 and collected $125,000 with chances at much more. He sucked. The ticket sucked. Seems like a huge bet at 11-1 that hit nicely. Let's get a yardarm and string him up. Must have been cheating. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean it can't be done. What a bunch of babies. Man Up!! Cap better!!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
Tread

Quote:
Ok you're right. He put up $9000 and collected $125,000 with chances at much more. He sucked. The ticket sucked. Seems like a huge bet at 11-1 that hit nicely. Let's get a yardarm and string him up. Must have been cheating. Just because you can't do something doesn't mean it can't be done. What a bunch of babies. Man Up!! Cap better!!!!!
completely agree, Vic. This conspiracy theory mentality is just laughable. Not to even mention that the structure of this ticket is straight out of the TV series "Luck", except that he went ALL on the last 2 races instead of just the last race.

Why do we have to see the construction of his other tickets or understand what he was thinking? Is that any of our business? Should an ADW or tote be sharing other ppls wagers with the general public just because they are curious or confused?

It is amazing how irrational people become when they lose and someone else wins.
Tread is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I completely agree with the sentiment of "manning up", and that is exactly what I entered this thread with.

However, the similarities to a previous system breakdown scandal, along with the seemingly illogical 4th race, should be enough of a flag that the wager should be reviewed.

This does NOT mean that this wager wasn't totally legit.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread
completely agree, Vic. This conspiracy theory mentality is just laughable. Not to even mention that the structure of this ticket is straight out of the TV series "Luck", except that he went ALL on the last 2 races instead of just the last race.

Why do we have to see the construction of his other tickets or understand what he was thinking? Is that any of our business? Should an ADW or tote be sharing other ppls wagers with the general public just because they are curious or confused?

It is amazing how irrational people become when they lose and someone else wins.

While I think the bet was on the square, a winning ticket that was structured in an eerily similar fashion to the ones done by Chris Harn might make one a wee bit suspicious. Certainly not irrational.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Sharp post.

Since the Fix 6 scandal a decade ago, what has anyone done to make sure that our tote systems are 'iron clad' and even the greatest hackers in the world can't 'sneak in' and alter tickets? I havent heard anything, have you?

Seems like they were quick to brush Harn and the Drexel boys under the rug and we havent heard a peep about this scandal since. We havent heard a peep about 'upgraded tote security' either.

Its actually a concern to people who bet real money on the races, i know you've placed a wager or two in your life, but i can't imagine you're an everyday bettor who's risking hundreds or thousands of dollars on races (and supporting the sport) on a daily or almost daily basis. If you are, my sincerest apologies.

Its easy to be a person who doesnt really bet to tell people who do bet "get a life, man up, be better" when those people are questioning an odd betting pattern.

I know that its politically correct to stand on the soapbox and shout "racing is honest, nobody is betting a pick 6 and going into the system somehow after leg 4 and changing the tickets around" but like i said, since the original fix 6 scandal, i havent heard a word from the industry about all this money they've spent upgrading the tote systems and making sure that hackers arent having their way with the racing industry.

I havent read one 'expose' article from someone like Jay Hovdey or anyone in the game like that who's reporting "its all well and good folks, we have staked our lives on the fact that our tote systems are iron clad and harder to crack than Fort Knox or Scotland Yard"

Has any 'racing exec' come forward and talked in depth about what "Racing" has done since 2002 to make sure bettors arent having money 'skimmed' off the top of their bets at major racetracks? If you've seen an article such as this, please provide me the link, i'd love to read it.

In case you havent noticed, a lot has happened technologically since 2002, if you read Wired magazine, they routinely have great articles about feats of brilliance from the worlds greatest hackers.

I guess the 64 dollar question remains this. Would you bet your life that the racing industry is able 'hold off' the worlds greatest hackers from sneaking into the parimutuel systems and altering tickets.

If you would bet your life on it, you're a better man than me, because i wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole.

This ticket that was put in could be perfectly legit.....it doesnt make anyone a 'bad guy' for questioning it, no need to trivialize a serious situation, we all want secure pools and its important to really question this stuff, who knows if the fix 6 scandal would have been uncovered by the racing industry if serious bettors didnt make a stink about it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #25
JohnGalt1

A few years ago I played a pick 6 ticket--single/single/single/single/all/all that cost $56 because I was certain of the first four races and thought the last two were total chaos.

I lost the first leg and wired the rest.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #26
rrpic6

I've been reading this thread with great interest. Kudos to dasch and Stillriledup for their conspiracy theories. My 1st involvement with paceadvantage.com came because of a Pick 6 ticket I was involved with in the 2005 Breeders Cup. The Winticket group left out Intercontinental trained by Bobby Frankel and ridden by an unknown kid, Rafael Bejarano, in the 1st leg, in which we spent 90K! If we had went ALL, I might never have heard of this place! HAHA!

That being said, the guy that played the Santa Anita ticket in Canada should be questioned and doubted. Especially since this happened on the same day that the Rainbow 6 gets hit for 3.5 million. At Gulfstream that day, there was only half the field covered in a bet that is 1/20th the cost of Santa Anita's bet. Plus the carryover was quite modest, only 100K plus.

In playing my own personal Pick 6 tickets, my goal is to get to the last race. I rarely play a ticket unless I like no more than three horses in the last leg. I've NEVER played ALL on any ticket. Of course I've lost when using six horses out of eleven way back on the day KONA GOLD broke his maiden on my birthday, who was my big SINGLE!

Going back to the original FixSix at Arlington. When Volponi won that day, my group of bettors were at Mountaineer watching the Breeder's Cup. We each said there might be one or two winning Pick 6 tickets. When they showed the payoffs, we all said "impossible". This was four or five tickets. Then we found out it was six, due to the $12.00 bet. HRTV's Jeff Siegel basically said the same thing on the recent half-hour show about the FixSix.

As Stillriledup pointed out, this guy did this in Canada where there is no paper trail. They just give you the cash and you disappear forever.

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #27
davew

I would be curious what the guys other 2 tickets were

if they were something like
ALL/ALL/2/1/3/3
1/2/ALL/ALL/3/1

then maybe it was just a bizarre strategy
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
castaway01

He bet a lot. He hit for a lot. End of story.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #29
dasch

People keep saying that the pick 6 in question was hittable, of course it was. Where did I say it was not? There were 4 tickets that won and I am not questioning anything about the other 3 and applaud those who hit it, great job. What I AM questioning is the 4th ticket and how it was structured. This person went from one of the best handicappers at the track using very few horses the 1st 4 races and including horses that were pretty hard to get to only using 1 to 3 horses, to betting ALL in the last 2 races including horses in the last race that a 10 year old could have eliminated. BEFORE I knew anything about that ticket it was VERY ODD that those horses were covered in the last race after a $43 and $60 winner already. Only AFTER I found out exactly how the ticket was structured did it raise my suspicion and prompt me to post this thread.

If you play so cal and watch these pools everyday you know exactly what I am saying, if you don't then I can understand if you do not. People who I would think would have a pretty intimate knowledge of Socal racing and the pick 6 have replied in this thread and taken it completely off topic. This isn't about the horses that it paid off to its about the ones it DIDN'T. The oddity of that ticket is actually pretty substantial.

Man up? Cap better? Sore loser? I didn't bet a penny on that pick 6. $2 combinations add up real quick and rarely do I play because of the cost. I do however bet the pick 6 occasionally and bet a decent amount every day in other pools and if the integrity of ANY pool is in question, I am concerned.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #30
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
I've been reading this thread with great interest. Kudos to dasch and Stillriledup for their conspiracy theories. My 1st involvement with paceadvantage.com came because of a Pick 6 ticket I was involved with in the 2005 Breeders Cup. The Winticket group left out Intercontinental trained by Bobby Frankel and ridden by an unknown kid, Rafael Bejarano, in the 1st leg, in which we spent 90K! If we had went ALL, I might never have heard of this place! HAHA!

That being said, the guy that played the Santa Anita ticket in Canada should be questioned and doubted. Especially since this happened on the same day that the Rainbow 6 gets hit for 3.5 million. At Gulfstream that day, there was only half the field covered in a bet that is 1/20th the cost of Santa Anita's bet. Plus the carryover was quite modest, only 100K plus.

In playing my own personal Pick 6 tickets, my goal is to get to the last race. I rarely play a ticket unless I like no more than three horses in the last leg. I've NEVER played ALL on any ticket. Of course I've lost when using six horses out of eleven way back on the day KONA GOLD broke his maiden on my birthday, who was my big SINGLE!

Going back to the original FixSix at Arlington. When Volponi won that day, my group of bettors were at Mountaineer watching the Breeder's Cup. We each said there might be one or two winning Pick 6 tickets. When they showed the payoffs, we all said "impossible". This was four or five tickets. Then we found out it was six, due to the $12.00 bet. HRTV's Jeff Siegel basically said the same thing on the recent half-hour show about the FixSix.

As Stillriledup pointed out, this guy did this in Canada where there is no paper trail. They just give you the cash and you disappear forever.

RR
Great post!

I bet Gulfstream and SA's owner Frank Stronach would be very proud of a person from Canada crushing the pick 6 at his place in So Cal!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply