Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:17 PM   #2161
lamboguy

last night, silver traded as high as $27 and as low as $22. this must have been some big bank trying to eat up the stops and go long. this looks to me like they cleaned out all the stops with a clear path going north now.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #2162
lamboguy

here is one for you

Kodak, yes Kodak---KODK, a company i thought was bankrupt 20 years ago. was $2.14 per share 2 days ago, now $53 per share and halted for such a large percentage gain.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KODK....tsrc=fin-srch
Old 07-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #2163
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Kodak, yes Kodak---KODK, a company i thought was bankrupt 20 years ago. was $2.14 per share 2 days ago, now $53 per share and halted for such a large percentage gain.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KODK....tsrc=fin-srch
This 3/4's of Billion dollar loan that Trump gave them is a giant red flag, imo. Giving a failing film company all this money to produce hydroxy? WTH. With a hundred more capable "drug" companies already having the process to make drugs. Almost unbelievable.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #2164
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
This 3/4's of Billion dollar loan that Trump gave them is a giant red flag, imo. Giving a failing film company all this money to produce hydroxy? WTH. With a hundred more capable "drug" companies already having the process to make drugs. Almost unbelievable.
Hydroxy? The article on Yahoo didn't mention any specific drugs.

Interesting.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #2165
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hydroxy? The article on Yahoo didn't mention any specific drugs.

Interesting.
I heard Cramer on CNBC early this morning saying he can't explain the thinking, just shaking his head. He was dumbfounded, and mentioned hydroxy also.

https://www.cnet.com/news/kodak-gets...xychloroquine/

Kodak gets $765M loan from US to produce medicines, reportedly including hydroxychloroquine
Kodak Pharmaceuticals will produce key components for drugs.

Kodak pharmaceuticals, nice touch. I can't wait to hear what members of Congress bought stock this week.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-29-2020 at 04:35 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #2166
lamboguy

since i touted FVAC it has gone straight down from $15 to $10.

this is going to be a very hot IPO in the fourth quarter sometime.
you are never going to get down on this stock at the initial price of $10. i am guessing at 3 different levels to get in. level 1 will be $11.86, level 2 will be $11.28 and level 3 will never happen at $10.

this stock figures to pop to $17 or more the day it comes out and could go much higher.

the downside risk is if they don't get approved to do a reverse stock merger. i really don't see any reason for them not to get it. if for some reason they don't it will head below $10.

if the government gave Kodak $840 million, they will give this company $84 billion if they have to.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #2167
FakeNameChanged

Kodak

Quote:
This is going to get ugly with possible insider trading that went on before the loan was made public.
Typically 7000 options traded daily, and Monday or late last week, it spiked up to 100,000 before the news was known about the loan.
The number of shares normally traded, were on average 75K to 250K(300K some days). . . On Monday it went up to 1.6 million shares, that's about 10X normal.
On Tuesday it was 284 million shares! Supposedly the news came out yesterday, but I hadn't heard it.

Kodak has a history of insiders buying their stock, so that doesn't look unusual, since the last buy was in June, and a large one back in Dec.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-29-2020 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add-on
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #2168
lamboguy

Quote:
Kodak

This is going to get ugly with possible insider trading that went on before the loan was made public.
Typically 7000 options traded daily, and Monday or late last week, it spiked up to 100,000 before the news was known about the loan.
The number of shares normally traded, were on average 75K to 250K(300K some days). . . On Monday it went up to 1.6 million shares, that's about 10X normal.
On Tuesday it was 284 million shares! Supposedly the news came out yesterday, but I hadn't heard it.

Kodak has a history of insiders buying their stock, so that doesn't look unusual, since the last buy was in June, and a large one back in Dec.
if my memory serves me correctly, Kodak had some type of a crypto currency business about 6 or 7 years ago. no mention of it though.

insider activity sure tells the story with Kodak.

but not with MUX
Old 07-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #2169
Tape Reader

Trading before news? Sounds like dog bites man.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 03:07 PM   #2170
PressThePace

Thoughts?

http://https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-07-30/-15-000-gold-price-Jim-Rickards-and-Peter-Schiff-give-forecasts.html
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #2171
lamboguy

i hope i am dead before that happens.

i am hoping it never goes above $5000 the ounce. and i hope it takes 4 or 5 years to get there.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #2172
PressThePace

Quote:

i am hoping it never goes above $5000 the ounce. and i hope it takes 4 or 5 years to get there.
Scary, indeed. But, how much can the Fed do moving forward?
Old 07-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #2173
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
Scary, indeed. But, how much can the Fed do moving forward?
its not just the federal reserve, every central bank in the world is doing the same thing.. i have no idea how its being done either.

but if you can keep the interest rates low or negative, you can print up all the money you want. it could easily take over a decade for the financial systems throughout the world to implode, even longer. in this world today, you are rewarded for owing money. if you save money you are penalized. this is the exact opposite of the way conservative america became the best nation the world ever new.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:34 PM   #2174
Tape Reader

Quote:

From memory:

About forty-years ago on the TV show Wall Street week, the guest, a “Gold Bug”, I think it was James Dines, predicted that the price of gold would surpass $300.

A panelist, I think it was Frank Capiello commented “I would not want to live in a world where gold was selling above $300.

I think they both got their wish.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #2175
PressThePace

Quote:
This is the exact opposite of the way conservative america became the best nation the world ever new.
Amen to that

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: