Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-18-2017, 05:47 PM   #1
SuperPickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,121
Santa Anita Race 4 5/18

So not sure anyone saw today's 4th at SA.

So two minutes to post the was 6-1. Golden Gate shipper, first time dirt, coming off a speed and duel and fade.

First time dirt and blinkers today suddenly the horse takes money. Big money. From 6-1 to 3-1 in 2-3 minutes. Hit again during load to 5-2.

Clears the field out of the gate. Opens five on the turn. Never really a anxious moment.

And Wrona was all over it. If you watch the replay He talks about the big money the last "3-4 minutes" on the load. During the call he references "some big wagers" and that he was "bet like he couldn't lose."

Someone or some people made a huge score.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,902
They even pulled the ole fake-out bridle adjustment at the gate to make you think something was wrong! Genius!
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #3
SuperPickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
They even pulled the ole fake-out bridle adjustment at the gate to make you think something was wrong! Genius!

It wasn't that I believe they added a shadow roll at the gate. I didn't get it. Was the horse suppose to have it on the whole time or are we now added them at the gate?
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #4
Jeff P
Registered User
 
Jeff P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Posts: 3,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
So not sure anyone saw today's 4th at SA.

So two minutes to post the was 6-1. Golden Gate shipper, first time dirt, coming off a speed and duel and fade.

First time dirt and blinkers today suddenly the horse takes money. Big money. From 6-1 to 3-1 in 2-3 minutes. Hit again during load to 5-2.

Clears the field out of the gate. Opens five on the turn. Never really a anxious moment.

And Wrona was all over it. If you watch the replay He talks about the big money the last "3-4 minutes" on the load. During the call he references "some big wagers" and that he was "bet like he couldn't lose."

Someone or some people made a huge score.

re: The bolded part of the above quote:

Perhaps two became five when the rider of Peter Miller's horse (the only other early speed in that race) decided to 'grab' and take back.

Maybe the 7 was destined to win.

Maybe the #1 was only entered to help make the race "go." (I really have no way of knowing.)

But if I'm Peter Miller - and if I had any aspirations about earning some purse money in that race -- after watching that ride -- I'd be pissed.



-jp

.
__________________
Team JCapper: 2011 PAIHL Regular Season ROI Leader after 15 weeks
www.JCapper.com

Last edited by Jeff P; 05-18-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
It wasn't that I believe they added a shadow roll at the gate. I didn't get it. Was the horse suppose to have it on the whole time or are we now added them at the gate?
I think the bridle 'accidentally' came undone at the load.

Did they add a shadow roll? I didn't notice .
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
re: The bolded part of the above quote:

Perhaps two became five when the rider of Peter Miller's horse (the only other early speed in that race) decided to 'grab' and take back.

Maybe the 7 was destined to win.

Maybe the #1 was only entered to help make the race "go." (I really have no way of knowing.)

But if I'm Peter Miller - and if I had any aspirations about earning some purse money in that race -- after watching that ride -- I'd be pissed.



-jp

.
I think a lot of cappers would have viewed race different if we knew the 1 wasn't going to be ridden like his form suggests he's normally ridden.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
So not sure anyone saw today's 4th at SA.

So two minutes to post the was 6-1. Golden Gate shipper, first time dirt, coming off a speed and duel and fade.

First time dirt and blinkers today suddenly the horse takes money. Big money. From 6-1 to 3-1 in 2-3 minutes. Hit again during load to 5-2.

Clears the field out of the gate. Opens five on the turn. Never really a anxious moment.

And Wrona was all over it. If you watch the replay He talks about the big money the last "3-4 minutes" on the load. During the call he references "some big wagers" and that he was "bet like he couldn't lose."

Someone or some people made a huge score.
Good for Wrona. That's really easy for an announcer to miss (remember, they are usually probably confirming their memory of the horses' silks in the minutes leading up to the start).
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
preferred pick 5 type
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.