Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:39 AM   #1996
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
Based on the momentum buy trigger that was tripped in my model on April 17 I am predicting S&P500 of 3,305 by October 17.

Typically when this particular buy signal is triggered the market rises an average of 15% over the next 6 months.
The sp500 closed at 2874 on Apr 17 and I predicted 3305 by Oct 17. I am sticking with that, but making a new prediction.

Based on my momentum model a double-buy trigger was tripped on June 6 when the sp500 closed at 3193. I predict sp500 of 3673 by December 6.

The ratio of Advancing Stocks to Declining Stocks over the past 10 trading days is greater than 2 to 1. That is huge buying momentum.

The ratio of Buy Volume to Sell Volume on June 6 was 9 to 1. That is also huge buying volume. 9 times as many stocks were bought as were sold.

Time to go all in.

Happy days are here again -- at least for people who are long stocks. The rest will probably have to wait until fall or later to get back to normal. But who knows if the new normal will be the same as the old normal.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #1997
Big Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
The sp500 closed at 2874 on Apr 17 and I predicted 3305 by Oct 17. I am sticking with that, but making a new prediction.

Based on my momentum model a double-buy trigger was tripped on June 6 when the sp500 closed at 3193. I predict sp500 of 3673 by December 6.

The ratio of Advancing Stocks to Declining Stocks over the past 10 trading days is greater than 2 to 1. That is huge buying momentum.

The ratio of Buy Volume to Sell Volume on June 6 was 9 to 1. That is also huge buying volume. 9 times as many stocks were bought as were sold.

Time to go all in.

Happy days are here again -- at least for people who are long stocks. The rest will probably have to wait until fall or later to get back to normal. But who knows if the new normal will be the same as the old normal.
It's been quite a ride. I got totally out of equities at about 3300 in Feb, and went back all in at about 2600 in March. I did not want repeat of 2008 to my 401(k) accounts, and figured this could be my last chance at making some better moves prior to retirement.

My gut keeps telling me that between the upcoming election and how sharp this move has been, I'm skating on thin ice. I will not hesitate to bail out and protect the stash when things turn.

Thanks for these updates!
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #1998
Big Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Start selling. Sharp reversal ahead.
The question is when?
Old 06-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #1999
Secondbest

Watch the rotation. Since about May 20th technology has lagged the S&P. Financials since that time have outperformed.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 07:21 PM   #2000
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Russ View Post
The question is when?
I apologize. I was all wrong.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #2001
Big Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
I apologize. I was all wrong.
No apologies needed. I'm very happy that others are willing to share opinions about the market. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #2002
lamboguy

they are outlawing red paint for these markets.

Hertz went bankrupt when they were under $1.00 per share, now $5.00

nobody wants to get on an airplane, those stocks are way up along with cruise lines and hotels. everything is up. what a beautiful world this is.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #2003
lamboguy

Robin Track

https://robintrack.net/

they love buying bankrupt company's.

todays play looks like PLM
Old 06-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #2004
lamboguy

NKLA another hot stock for the day, they got on the exchange with a reverse stock merger.

everything sounds great about this company with electric trucks that can go 500 miles.

i don't trust it though. but the stock sure as f--- is moving
Old 06-09-2020, 03:52 PM   #2005
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
they are outlawing red paint for these markets.

Hertz went bankrupt when they were under $1.00 per share, now $5.00

Also inexplicably, used car prices have risen, and Hertz's fleet is the asset that backs the debt, and its appearing that Hertz can absorb the bankruptcy due to this.

Creditors can be paid back by refinancing the fleet value. Supposedly.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #2006
lamboguy

these guys pushed up F, GE, and a bunch of other dogs that i would love to short..
Old 06-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #2007
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
these guys pushed up F, GE, and a bunch of other dogs that i would love to short..
I might short hertz. but like playing Craps, I'm always on the pass line. Short positions feel like the do not pass line.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #2008
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I might short hertz. but like playing Craps, I'm always on the pass line. Short positions feel like the do not pass line.
i am not a don't player on the craps table either, but going long or short is like betting the favorite or the underdog in a game to me. its all reletive because you have to play with stops in these markets today otherwise you can get wiped out. -
Old 06-10-2020, 02:18 PM   #2009
FakeNameChanged

Lamboguy

Quote:
Lamboguy, I just wanted to thank you for pointing me towards considering companies that use or mine manganese. The steel company X, is up 20% since getting in. And Vale is up about 4% in less than a week. The other miner, I haven't been able to get, lightly traded and OTC is up about 5%. I considered NUE for my other steel company, but Pricing was more attractive to me with US Steel. Manganese is also used in copper and aluminum, but I haven't looked at them yet.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #2010
lamboguy

Quote:
https://robintrack.net/

they love buying bankrupt company's.

todays play looks like PLM
PLM going back to its place in hell today even though precious metals are rocking and rolling today.

i would have shorted that one, but i don't like f==== little ants.