Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
Al Gobbi

PA Racing Commission suspends Jamie Ness for 6 months

Quote:
Jamie Ness, a prolific winner in the Mid-Atlantic states and the third-leading trainer in the country in wins, has been handed a six-month suspension by the Pennsylvania Racing Commission after a horse he trained tested positive for Bufotenine.

Ness was also fined $5,000. The suspension is scheduled to begin Sept. 5 and runs through March 3, 2023.

The positive test occurred in a Feb. 23 race at Parx and involves the horse Crabs N Beer. The 3-year-old gelding won the race, a starter-optional claimer by 2 1/2 lengths as the 3-5 favorite.
https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...-has-appealed/
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 10:10 AM   #2
azeri98

This guy is a habitual cheater, can't believe he hasn't been handed a Dutrow sentence.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 10:18 AM   #3
lamboguy

this guy has been winning lots of races for a long time. he's impossible to beat and most of his stock lately is owned by him so he gets the bulk of the money. he's been doing much better than when he worked for Midwest Thoroughbreds and only got 5% of the purse from them with a week's pay!

Midwest got all the money and then quit the game.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So it will be good to know who takes over for him......
Old 08-21-2022, 09:50 PM   #5
myohmyjustify

The positive test result came back six months ago or so, not long after the Feb. 23 race. Why didn't they stop him then?

Ness won a bunch of races and owners and bettors lost a pile of money since due to his cheating.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Why didn't they stop him then?
Duh. Because he didn't try choking a woman...
Old 08-21-2022, 10:18 PM   #7
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Duh. Because he didn't try choking a woman...

I don't know what's you angle but choking a woman and dragging her down a flight of stairs is a serious matter, although it seems you and some others may not agree with me.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:20 PM   #8
1st time lasix

Any handicapper who has followed Tampa and Eastern Atlantic racing knows this guy should in prison for larceny. The hall of shame with Servis, Navarro etc ….
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I don't know what's you angle but choking a woman and dragging her down a flight of stairs is a serious matter, although it seems you and some others may not agree with me.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Your insight is invaluable.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:26 AM   #10
lamboguy

the stuff they supposedly caught Ness with is to obvious. my guess is he will get through this with an appeal somehow and maybe rightfully so.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:03 AM   #11
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Your insight is invaluable.

The PA commission knows a Ness horse had a bad test in Feb./March -- six months ago and did nothing about it. Do you agree or not about that? They did nothing and the cheating deprived both owners and bettors of a fair shake, then and for six months since.

Yet you made a stupid joke based on a different thread, and after my response to your stupid joke, you knock me. Typical.

Yes my insight is invaluable, but PA and the fanboys can't fathom their heros doing a single thing wrong -- such as Ness's cheating and Brown's violance.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

So I Google that drug, it comes up as a hallucinogenic made from poisonous toads. What does it do when given to a horse? I always wonder how they come up with some of the things they do. Have their always been rogue equine veterinarians running experimental horse farms?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The PA commission knows a Ness horse had a bad test in Feb./March -- six months ago and did nothing about it. Do you agree or not about that? They did nothing and the cheating deprived both owners and bettors of a fair shake, then and for six months since.

Yet you made a stupid joke based on a different thread, and after my response to your stupid joke, you knock me. Typical.

Yes my insight is invaluable, but PA and the fanboys can't fathom their heros doing a single thing wrong -- such as Ness's cheating and Brown's violance.
Now I'm a Ness fanboy...in addition to being a Chad fanboy.

Here's a challenge:

reproduce ONE (and you only need 1) post on this message board where I either explicitly or implicitly display some sort of FANBOYism of Jamie Ness in the past 20 years...(this thread not included, of course...)

I'm not even in the SLIGHTEST defending Ness here...yes, I made a joke...possibly in bad taste...but that is all it was.

IN ADDTION

Please reproduce ONE post where I act as a CHAD BROWN fanboy (other than the assault thread of the past week).

All you need is ONE.

I'm betting you can't find any. I can't remember the last time I wrote about Chad Brown before his arrest.

Again, your insight is invaluable.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:50 AM   #14
lamboguy

a horse can and often does take in traces of Bufotenine while grazing on grass. and horses often graze on grass

taking precautions for that to happen is another story in itself
Old 08-22-2022, 11:50 AM   #15
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
So I Google that drug, it comes up as a hallucinogenic made from poisonous toads. What does it do when given to a horse? I always wonder how they come up with some of the things they do. Have their always been rogue equine veterinarians running experimental horse farms?

allegedly some horses have a huge ego where they won't 'track' a rival or uncoupled speed horse...

some horses go into 'berserker mode' where they will seemingly run through a brick wall

still others ponder things like carrots and peppermints believing they've made some sort of profound discovery

/joke

I don't know, man. Good questions. Some of these drugs like toad poison, cobra venom, ketamine, etc... etc... seem like terrible ideas for performance enhancers, yet guys are winning at 30% getting caught.