Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
letswastemoney

Irad's ride on Stars Above Me in Race 9

It looked like Irad was deliberately trying to keep her away from running close to the pace.

Then when they turned for home, she was blocked by a wall and had no chance.

Did anyone else think it was a strange ride given the filly won her U.S. debut running one length off the pace?
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

I threw him out on that horse, hoping for a euro bounce and ortiz's ride in the previous race left a lot to be desired. The horse warmed up 'eager' so i knew she wasnt a relaxed closer even though she came from off the pace in previous. Watching this jock perform in the 8th, i was convinced there was at least a minor shot he would be in all sorts of traffic wrangling, my prediction was correct (for a change).
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
It looked like Irad was deliberately trying to keep her away from running close to the pace.

Then when they turned for home, she was blocked by a wall and had no chance.

Did anyone else think it was a strange ride given the filly won her U.S. debut running one length off the pace?
I think it was an atrocious "ride". It looked to me like he purposely tore his head off and made him rank, that's how bad he held that poor horse. Watched the head on and it only added to my belief that it was just a no go today.

I could be totally wrong and there's a chance the horse was just rank but I don't think so.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-25-2014 at 06:14 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I think it was an atrocious "ride". It looked to me like he purposely tore his head off and made him rank, that's how bad he held that poor horse. Watched the head on and it only added to my belief that it was just a no go today.

I could be totally wrong and there's a chance the horse was just rank but I don't think so.
he did the same thing in the previous race, just tore the horse's head off for no reason that i could see.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
he did the same thing in the previous race, just tore the horse's head off for no reason that i could see.
Chee Wally, maybe he forgot how to use his hands for an hour???

It's rides like that, that make me feel like I'm wagering on the WWE.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
His brother is just as good doing the same thing.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #7
letswastemoney

I thought I liked Irad more than Jose, after seeing numerous races from Jose where he rates speed horses off slow paces (ex. Samraat in the Belmont Stakes).

Now, I'm not so sure I trust either.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
I thought I liked Irad more than Jose, after seeing numerous races from Jose where he rates speed horses off slow paces (ex. Samraat in the Belmont Stakes).

Now, I'm not so sure I trust either.
They're very trustworthy.......i've noticed that if they're in the same race and they're riding uncoupled speed horses, they'll just duel, you know, they won't "help each other' on the track by staying out of each other's way. So, to recap, if they're both in the race, on speed/stalker types, you can count on both of them to not take their mount out of that horse's natural running style. You can count on them to not "overrate" their mount to stay out of the other one's way.

They're good like that.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Does anyone wonder why Ramon Dominguez dominated this circuit?
He was smarter than the other riders, and clearly knew how to read the pp's (note how we used to say "read the Form"...not so much anymore )
Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
TheEdge07
Veteran

[QUOTE=Stillriledup]They're very trustworthy.......i've noticed that if they're in the same race and they're riding uncoupled speed horses, they'll just duel, you know, they won't "help each other' on the track by staying out of each other's way. So, to recap, if they're both in the race, on speed/stalker types, you can count on both of them to not take their mount out of that horse's natural running style. You can count on them to not "overrate" their mount to stay out of the other one's way.

They're good like that.[/QUOTE

Aug 15th 10th race

Winner ridden by Jose wire to wire
Tracking was the 6..dream trip til the far turn....watch irad..
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
He was smarter than the other riders, and clearly knew how to read the pp's (note how we used to say "read the Form"...not so much anymore )

100000000000000000000000000% TRUE & THE BEST at what if scenarios out of the gate
Old 08-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
I miss Ramon everyday, here in Saratoga. Here, or at Belmont, or at Aqueduct. Javier and Irad and Rajiv are good riders. But Ramon was in another league.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

AND THE BEST AT STUDYING TRACK BIASES, HAD THE BEST HANDS, RARELY SAW HIS HORSES RANK, RAMON WAS SO DOMINANT HE RARELY NEEDED TO USE HIS WHIP. GOD, I miss him
Old 08-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

He studied replays too.... to learn idiosyncrasies and nuances of his horse and the competitor's horses.

To top it off, what a gentleman......
Old 08-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #15
Ocala Mike

Irad's ride on Stars Above Me in Race 9

Back to the subject - horse was rank early. Probably just "Eurobounced," and I will tab for the future with or without a different rider.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply