Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
hcap

This is why you lost

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...ss.php?ref=fpa

Romney Blames Loss On Obama’s ‘Big Gifts’ To Minorities, Women

...Mitt Romney has a simple explanation for donors as to why his presidential campaign came up short: President Obama gave out too much stuff.

According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and New York Times, the former Republican nominee said during a call with donors on Wednesday that Obama had been “very generous” in doling out “big gifts” to “the African American community, the Hispanic community and young people” as well as to women throughout his first term. Benefits such as access to “free health care,” guaranteed contraceptive coverage, more affordable student loans, and “amnesty for children of illegals,” all combined to give the president a decisive edge in popularity.

“The President’s campaign focused on giving targeted groups a big gift — so he made a big effort on small things,” Romney said. “Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars.”

I think Tom wrote Romney's remarks.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...ss.php?ref=fpa

Romney Blames Loss On Obama’s ‘Big Gifts’ To Minorities, Women

...Mitt Romney has a simple explanation for donors as to why his presidential campaign came up short: President Obama gave out too much stuff.

According to reports in the Los Angeles Times and New York Times, the former Republican nominee said during a call with donors on Wednesday that Obama had been “very generous” in doling out “big gifts” to “the African American community, the Hispanic community and young people” as well as to women throughout his first term. Benefits such as access to “free health care,” guaranteed contraceptive coverage, more affordable student loans, and “amnesty for children of illegals,” all combined to give the president a decisive edge in popularity.

“The President’s campaign focused on giving targeted groups a big gift — so he made a big effort on small things,” Romney said. “Those small things, by the way, add up to trillions of dollars.”

It's hard to vote against Santa Claus.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
hcap

Especially when his opponent is Ebeneezer Scrooge
BTW, most political candidates have gifts for their supporters.
But the middle class objected to Ebeneezer paying off other Ebeneezers

Just more whining. This time by the biggest loser, not the losers on the sidelines. Sour grapes that will go on another 4 years.

Boxcar might have called it.
Herman Cain was a better candidate, and that is not saying much

I found myself liking Romney on a personal level.
A good man with bad policies and even worse campaign staff and political cronies and pundits
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #4
lamboguy

the world is full of excuses. how about the horse wasn't fast enough in this past election?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the world is full of excuses. how about the horse wasn't fast enough in this past election?
Absolutely but this is particularly lame. Seem to be making the rounds in conservative circles. A number of guys here said the same.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Steve R

So the Republican turnout was low because Obama gave "free stuff" to minorities, young people and women but not to older white Republicans. I guess they were in such a snit about it they decided not to vote. Does that mean they actually wanted "free stuff", too? Makes sense...if you're an imbecile like Romney.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
sammy the sage

This thread is redundant and already covered...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=99117
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I think Tom is Romney.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I think Tom is Romney.
Nope...Romney is a bone-fida flip flopper...Tom certainly ain't that...he thinks his s%$t don't stink...but at least he's consistant...
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
Marshall Bennett

He lost because minorities and the poor showed up in groves to support Obama. The cycle will likely continue. He'll continue to cripple the economy which in turn produces more poor to turn out and vote for the next Democratic candidate. They'll continue to promise them free gifts which they'll receive, though they'll still be poor and turn out to vote for the next.
Of course the cycle won't last. We'll be a broke nation and sure as I'm sitting here they'll still be blaming Bush.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
He lost because minorities and the poor showed up in groves to support Obama. The cycle will likely continue. He'll continue to cripple the economy which in turn produces more poor to turn out and vote for the next Democratic candidate. They'll continue to promise them free gifts which they'll receive, though they'll still be poor and turn out to vote for the next.
Of course the cycle won't last. We'll be a broke nation and sure as I'm sitting here they'll still be blaming Bush.
Hcap couldn't site a Democrat success story in the thread looking for cities that showed marked improvement under recent Dem rule.....so he scours the net for someone else's talking points. An Obamabot, for sure
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Actually incorrect...there were MILLIONS of women who voted SOLELY on ONE issue...see OTHER thread...

And MANY of these women are NOT poor...nor ARE they minorities...

by the way...I voted AGAINST the incumbent...just telling ya...get yore blinder's OFF
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Hcap couldn't site a Democrat success story in the thread looking for cities that showed marked improvement under recent Dem rule.....so he scours the net for someone else's talking points. An Obamabot, for sure
What does THAT have to do do w/this topic...NOTHING...

It's all smoke & mirrors...

The problem is...the pugs ARE painted FOR super rich ONLY..and DID nothing to change it...PERIOD...

Whilst not exactly true...it's ALL a matter of perception...
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #14
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
hcap was much more amused finding out Romney's speech writer could easily BE Tom. Or at least a half dozen others here on the 24/7 Off Topic reactionary conservative horse racing network

Romnety would have been much better off showing some dignity. Was not at all necessary. Lame and will only make people dislike him even more.

At least GW knows better than to open his mouth.
He is a much better ex pres
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Especially when his opponent is Ebeneezer Scrooge
BTW, most political candidates have gifts for their supporters.
But the middle class objected to Ebeneezer paying off other Ebeneezers

Just more whining. This time by the biggest loser, not the losers on the sidelines. Sour grapes that will go on another 4 years.

Boxcar might have called it.
Herman Cain was a better candidate, and that is not saying much

I found myself liking Romney on a personal level.
A good man with bad policies and even worse campaign staff and political cronies and pundits
So you admit the entitlement culture voted to continue on the same path?

Pretty simple argument really. Aparently accurate as well. From all I have seen in the last week or so, you are right.

If you want to predict elections, just consider the electorate a toddler who is going to vote for the candidate who's handing out the most candy.

The only time this changes is after extreme circumstances. 9-11 would be one of those extreme circumstances.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply