Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
hcap

Another Nail in the GOP coffin

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/20...rt.php?ref=fpa

Romney’s unfavorability nationwide has risen, and it’s showing in a potential matchup against President Obama. As you can see from the chart below, Romney has seen independent voters nationally move from his camp to Obama’s as the primary race continues and the economy ticks up.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Too early to be meaningful.
Wait until the October surprise about BO comes out.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
hcap

Didn't say they were DEAD YET.

But I suspect the GOP screwed themselves by tacking too far right. So far the repug debates have demonstrated disdain for the middle class as well as the poor. Killing SS and torpedoing policies generally favored by most have not gone over well. Will the public remember the idiotic rightwing pandering come November?

PA says sarcastically the projected 100 years of democratic rule is a crock. Well 4 more years may not be.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

4 more with a repub controlled congress - both houses.
But, I say Obama loses - BIG.

We shall see.
I can't believe that there are that many morons to put him back in office.
Operative word here, of course, is morons.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
delayjf

Quote:
Like I've said before the silver lining to the bad economy is that it has kept his agenda in check. With any luck the Supreme Court will shoot down Obama care.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
elysiantraveller

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap

But I suspect the GOP screwed themselves by tacking too far right. So far the repug debates have demonstrated disdain for the middle class as well as the poor. Killing SS and torpedoing policies generally favored by most have not gone over well. Will the public remember the idiotic rightwing pandering come November?
Its hurting them among the general population right now for sure.

Its the ultimate who can be a better conservative for conservative votes. After this primary season the nominee will then become a moderate and DIVE to the middle for moderate votes.

Looks bad but they all do it.

Its still very early though...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
BlueShoe

Quote:
As you can see from the chart below, Romney has seen independent voters nationally move from his camp to Obama’s as the primary race continues and the economy ticks up.
The economy is ticking up?? That would be news to a whole lot of Americans. Voodoo economics and smoke and mirrors from the left. Then there is oil. When gas sails right through the four dollar barrier and shoots up to five this summer, which it just might do, folks are going to be reminded about the Keystone pipeline along with other things. Guess who was responsible for killing the pipeline?
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

Off the topic a bit, but what's with the intervals on the polling dates on the graph?

They show the thing changing by 2 points literally over night and then highlight the trend the other way by showing two days of stability... the conclusions drawn from the poll aren't surprising to me at all with or without the poll, but the presentation of the poll results has me scratching at my head a bit.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Off the topic a bit, but what's with the intervals on the polling dates on the graph?

They show the thing changing by 2 points literally over night and then highlight the trend the other way by showing two days of stability... the conclusions drawn from the poll aren't surprising to me at all with or without the poll, but the presentation of the poll results has me scratching at my head a bit.
Cappy has a well deserved reputation on PA for being, shall we say, rather creative in presenting what he perceives to be factual data in the form of charts, graphs, and tables. The fact that only he has the foggiest notion of what they are looking at has not discouraged him one bit.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith

When Obama was in the red, the graph showed similar gaps. I think what is important though is the change from 1/18 to 2/12.

Delta 18 plus points.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The Chart is an embed from Talking points memo. Consider the source?

Talking Points Memo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Talking Points Memo

Main page of Talking Points Memo as at August 2010
URL TalkingPointsMemo.com
Commercial? advertising supported
Type of site Political blog, news, discussion forum
Registration for discussion forum
Available language(s) English
Owner Joshua Micah Marshall
Created by Marshall and others
Launched November 12, 2000
Alexa rank 3,749 (February 2012)[1]
Revenue Not disclosed
Current status active
Talking Points Memo (or TPM) is a web-based political journalism organization created and run by Josh Marshall, journalist and historian covering issues from a "politically left perspective,".[2] It debuted on November 12, 2000. The name is a reference to the memo (short list) with the issues (points) discussed by one's side in a debate or used to support a position taken on an issue.[3] By 2007, TPM received an average 400,000 page views every weekday.[4]

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/images/independents.png

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
slew101

Tom, you know Obama has a lock on 210 electoral votes from the automatic Democratic states, and the GOP has their lock of about 160 electoral votes. Nothing will change that.

So how can you possibly think Obama loses big? What states do you see him losing that are Democratic strongholds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
4 more with a repub controlled congress - both houses.
But, I say Obama loses - BIG.

We shall see.
Operative word here, of course, is morons.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:

PA says sarcastically the projected 100 years of democratic rule is a crock. Well 4 more years may not be.
If Rom the Rug gets the nom and then loses to BO, it certainly won't be because he's a right wing radical. It will be due to low voter turnout among conservatives who will find it repugnant to vote for a self-confessed "non-partisan progressive".

Boxcar
Old 02-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
So how can you possibly think Obama loses big? What states do you see him losing that are Democratic strongholds?
I don't know. I just cannot accept people are stupid enough to believe this guys BS a second time. If he does win, we do not deserve to be a world power.

And we will not be one.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
slew101

Interactive electoral map where you can enter your choices.

Like 2000 and 2004, I think it'll come down to Florida and Ohio. The GOP always has Pennsylvania on their wish list, but they haven't taken it since 1988, so I'd have to give it to Obama again.

So if Obama wins Pa., that puts him at 206 before they even start campaigning. And I also think those midwestern states usually go Democrats, so even if Obama gives back 5 or so states from 2008, he can still win with either Florida or Ohio. The GOP candidate will have to take both of those states to win.

http://www.270towin.com/

Last edited by slew101; 02-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: