Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-06-2022, 03:22 PM   #76
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
We might be a lot alike, but I would never apologize to Cliffy, he deserves all
the dirt kicked in his face he gets. When he insults fellow business owners and managers when he knows zero, that gets my goat. I am 61, but my drive
is waning, too many times having "used hard" in my running lines catching up with me.

Cliffy reminds me of some of those Pepperdine MBAs I ran across when I spent a couple years in my early 20's as an office manager and doing inside/outside sales, that was before I got into machining and never left.
I worked at an electric wholesale house in East La, long since defunct and a Grainger in Irvine. At least those people had an education, but they seemed to be educated idiots, prestigious degree at the time, but lacked the common sense and ability to think on their feet. Figuring out how to apply the book learned knowledge is just as important as learning it.
I hear you and I fear the the day of "asked,no response" will enter my running lines sooner than later.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 04:08 PM   #77
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
I hear you and I fear the the day of "asked,no response" will enter my running lines sooner than later.

Depends on the skill of the rider……..
Old 08-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #78
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post

My lines get a lot of "Dwelt, stayed in gate", these days. I look at shop and house projects through the eyes of how much the physical price paid will be. They don't prescribe what works for me, and I have tried all non opioid solutions except acupuncture. A lot of time internet surfing I have an ice bag on my back and or knees, plus pain patches on the shoulders. I can sometimes work in good stretches before I thaw out. Fortunately to be self employed and often run automated equipment where I don't have to get up and tend it that often, sometimes only every couple hours. I do need to do some shop equipment maintenance the next few days, I no longer enjoy that crap. Most is too specialized where "calling a guy" would cost thousands just to show up. I just do it myself and cuss a lot while drinking beer.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 04:33 PM   #79
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I think you are talking about a different subject than I was.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 05:55 PM   #80
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Whip violation imminent.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 12:00 AM   #81
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I should go to bed, but before I do, I’m going to take a few minutes to destroy you. In the nicest possible way, of course.

Your numbers are from June to July. Mine are from the start of the Biden administration to the present. In that period we added 9,519,000 jobs. And we added 7,923,000 people to our payrolls. Using your logic, this means 1,596,000 of those 9.5M jobs were part time and likely 2nd jobs.

However, the fact is those 1.5 million jobs were available for people to have. And they were needed because the American worker is woefully underpaid while corporations continue to make obscene profits and corporate overlords get paid exorbitant salaries.

A few other tidbits. The number of persons employed currently is only 576,000 fewer than employed the month before the start of the pandemic. From the start of Trump’s term to February 2020-just before Covid struck in earnest, 6,406,000 people gained employment.

That is 1.5M less-in 37 months than Biden accomplished in 18 months.

Finally, Labor Force Participation Rate is pretty much a meaningless statistic. Nevertheless, it has gone up .7% since Biden took office.
"We added 9,519,000 jobs". WE??? Just what exactly in the Blue Hell did YOU do???
Old 08-08-2022, 12:08 AM   #82
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
"We added 9,519,000 jobs". WE??? Just what exactly in the Blue Hell did YOU do???
He is referring to the demoncrat collective. he is a member of.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2022, 12:20 AM   #83
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
He is referring to the demoncrat collective. he is a member of.
Pretty amazing that with everything on fire around us...these Ghouls cannot wait to scream about their contribution to it.