Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2022, 04:12 PM   #31
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
how about you disprove it, and don't link any of your 'fact checker' propaganists
You made the statement. It’s up to you to back it up. Of course you won’t. It’s either something you just made up or something you read on some message board. Maybe this one. It means nothing to me if you answer or not.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:14 PM   #32
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Where is the link? It should not be too easy to blow holes in you BS. The only one I believe is the government pay as most all are paid more than private sector to work less. Walmart, McDonalds, and Target don't give new hires full time hours. Construction workers don't get full time hours either for the most part due to weather, and in many area the low skilled labor jobs are done by illegals. Health Care there are well paid doctors, nurses, and technicians in hospitals. There are just as many or more people as orderlies, housekeepers,
and office workers making low wages. That number might be ok.
The jobs numbers are from the CNBC link in the original post. The salaries are mostly from Zip Recruiter.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
how about you disprove it, and don't link any of your 'fact checker' propaganists

I would trust numbers someone pulls out of their ass that were given thought
above numbers Cliffy finds that are 100% misleading. I tell you what, if this was happening in 1986. I would be have been looking for a second job and bought a camper and slept in the back of my truck, a couple times a week.
I had a 120 mile round trip to work, and 5 mouths to feed. I could imagine what food and gas would have done to me. Girlfriend had 3 kids, not mine, and a full time student, with a year left for a masters and a teaching credential. I am sure there are many in the same boat I was in.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 04:29 PM   #34
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The jobs numbers are from the CNBC link in the original post. The salaries are mostly from Zip Recruiter.

Zip Recruiter???

That is like trusting that the Zillow estimate on your home is 100% dead accurate.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:36 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's all good man...Papa Joe has us all taken care of...everything is GOLDEN

Smooth sailing from here on out...

It's just like when he told us if you get the vaccine, you won't get COVID...
Old 08-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #36
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's all good man...Papa Joe has us all taken care of...everything is GOLDEN

Smooth sailing from here on out...

It's just like when he told us if you get the vaccine, you won't get COVID...
Care to touch this one, mostpost???

Being someone who the President himself was quoted saying "is losing patience with"...I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Piss on ANYTHING this Administration says. It is a never ending diatribe of carefully created statements...usually outright lies...to try and cover the fact that everything they touch...they ruin. Sometimes by exact design.

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 08-05-2022 at 04:51 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 05:26 PM   #37
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Care to touch this one, mostpost???

Being someone who the President himself was quoted saying "is losing patience with"...I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

Piss on ANYTHING this Administration says. It is a never ending diatribe of carefully created statements...usually outright lies...to try and cover the fact that everything they touch...they ruin. Sometimes by exact design.
You actually think that’s a winning argument. That Biden said one time you wouldn’t get Covid if vaccinated. Ignoring all the times where he said vaccination is highly effective but not foolproof. Ignoring all the studies that show how the vaccines prevent serious illness and hospitalization. Ignoring science. Ignoring the fact that deaths and hospitalizations are 10% o what they were. Ignoring the fact that Covid is only slightly worse than a bad cold now. All because smart people got vaccinated.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:29 PM   #38
mostpost

Quote:
Zip Recruiter???

That is like trusting that the Zillow estimate on your home is 100% dead accurate.
It doesn’t have to be 100% dead accurate. My point, since you are obviously incapable of deducing it on your own, is that the jobs that pay the most are the jobs that have gained the most.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:52 PM   #39
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Zip Recruiter???

You mean Zillow is NOT 100% dead accurate?

Say it ain't so, Inner Dirt. I just went on there yesterday and the zestimate of my little "shack" is about $200,000 more than what I paid just a few years back.

You ruined my day.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 05:53 PM   #40
mostpost

You guys keep saying if Biden takes credit for the drop in gas prices, he has to shoulder the blame for the rise.

By that logic if the fireman puts out the fire in your house, he has to take the blame for the fire.. if the doctor removes your appendix, it must be the Doctor who caused it to become infected. And, of course, the mechanic who replaced the water pump was always the one who broke it.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #41
Inner Dirt

Quote:
It doesn’t have to be 100% dead accurate. My point, since you are obviously incapable of deducing it on your own, is that the jobs that pay the most are the jobs that have gained the most.

Insulting people doesn't make you smart, you still haven't figured that out. Typical liberal behavior. The numbers you constantly pull are mostly worthless. You just spew liberal propaganda that won't hold up under scrutiny. How does your "Zip Recruiter" numbers prove your claim that it is the higher paying that have gained the most? Those numbers are probably nothing but average wage at that company or field.

It shows hospitality at $58,107. Lets take a large hotel for example. Covid dropped room occupancy down quite a bit. Who lost their jobs or got their hours cut? Did they lay off the floor managers? The office manager? The purchasing manager? The head of maintenance? That would be a no,no, no and a no. Most all the heads that went out the door were the departments with the most people that are paid the least, like housekeeping. Those are probably the jobs that came back not ones that paid the average of $58,107. Same with McDonalds, Walmart, Target, etc. You still need a main store manager, and shift leads no matter how slow business is. Those jobs were never lost due to Covid. All the returning jobs are less than their median range. I doubt hotel maids make as much as Walmart workers, lots of illegals there like in construction.

You cannot seem to think outside what it was like to work a union government job that lives off the taxpayers dime. That isn't the real world.
Then you watch liberal propaganda TV, to educate yourself.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:08 PM   #42
Inner Dirt

Quote:
You guys keep saying if Biden takes credit for the drop in gas prices, he has to shoulder the blame for the rise.

By that logic if the fireman puts out the fire in your house, he has to take the blame for the fire.. if the doctor removes your appendix, it must be the Doctor who caused it to become infected. And, of course, the mechanic who replaced the water pump was always the one who broke it.

Bad analogy. It would be more like if the fireman accidentally set your house on fire smoking while looking for a gas leak and then thought he was a hero because he saved the detached garage and your car from burning while everything else was 100% loss.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:15 PM   #43
OntheRail

And let's not forget... how many times they adjust these reported numbers in a week or so. And the downgraded totals are buried under the fold.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #44
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
You mean Zillow is NOT 100% dead accurate?

Say it ain't so, Inner Dirt. I just went on there yesterday and the zestimate of my little "shack" is about $200,000 more than what I paid just a few years back.

You ruined my day.

I have a friend all excited because of the Zillow price, and he is in SoCal
where a crash has to happen. He thinks this market is crash proof. He is also a long commute from a major city, those house prices fall the hardest and take longer to rebound.

I have a feeling your shack is in better shape than the house I live in. The shop is nice and so are the 10 wooded acres. It is under a slow rebuild. If I was younger I would gave gutted it, made a loft in my shop and lived there.

It was built in 1981, but it was made from junk and by idiots. I will just give a few details.

It needs the house totally re-plumbed, I do have the piping and electric to the well redone, attic plumbing done and the laundry room. I would say plumbing well over 1/2 done. Put in new electric service. The old one was 6" from the water heater, that isn't to code. A pipe start leaking and was peeing all over the electric panel. Copper pipes and acidic well water don't mix, I am redoing with Pex.

Tearing into the walls I have found termite eaten wood, the thing is there are no termite bodies or droppings. Somebody used reclaimed termite damaged wood to frame interior walls. Even though the house was built in 1981 I have found electrical junction boxes made by a company that was bought out and the name ceased to exist in the early 50's. More reclaimed junk.
Old 08-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #45
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
All those years of Obama when he had majority in Congress and now Biden with majority in Congress and you guys couldn't do a thing about it?

Weird....

I guess Democrats should be blaming themselves for this at least 70/30, right? Failure on all fronts...IMPEACH 46!

All those years Reich listed...most of them were under DEMOCRAT control of the FED GOV'T (70% to be exact)
Unless you have 60 votes in the Senate, a majority is meaningless.
Obama had a Republican house 3 of 4 Congresses and a Republican Senate two of four.

During the Trump administration, Democrats controlled the House for one term.

The current 50-50 split is not control all things considered.