Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-12-2022, 04:29 PM   #4336
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Does anyone have thoughts on VOLTA (VLTA)? I own 300 shares at $1.62. They are in the electric car charging business, from what I can tell. Some of their stations are present at Krogers.

Can it get to $8 or $9 at some point?
i don't think its a dead stock, but it looks like you won't get to much action on it until 2023, everything in that category got hit lately, hopefully yours is the right one. they seem to have enough money for the next 6 months as well.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2022, 04:32 PM   #4337
lamboguy

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/12/cons...peaking.html--

just to be opposite, i'd say that a decline in inflation will not be so great. i believe they injected inflation just to keep us out of deflation. we can still get the deflation because the oil price looks ready for a big fall here.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #4338
lamboguy

Next Era Energy

NEE

they are still buying this stock, my last pump was @ $75, now $79. this company has lots of room to run. they have a $ 50 billion project coming next year and are involved in other businesses than energy. looks great.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:41 AM   #4339
lamboguy

Congressional buy

NVDA

this congressman sits on a financial committee
Old 07-13-2022, 06:18 AM   #4340
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
NVDA

this congressman sits on a financial committee

You seem to be impressed with the stock buys and sells of congressmen and politicians generally. You probably know more about trading than they do.

Most of them usually get their ideas from the very same sources as you, me and millions of others do, from mainstream media outlets such as CNBC, Bloomberg, the WSJ and Fox Business.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 07-13-2022 at 06:19 AM.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 07:48 AM   #4341
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
You seem to be impressed with the stock buys and sells of congressmen and politicians generally. You probably know more about trading than they do.

Most of them usually get their ideas from the very same sources as you, me and millions of others do, from mainstream media outlets such as CNBC, Bloomberg, the WSJ and Fox Business.
i don't just post random congressional trades. when i post them, the congressman or senator is tied into some committee that they sit on the stock they purchase or buy..

as you probably already know, members of Congress walk into congress broke and wind up multi-millionaires 2 years later.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #4342
sharkey11

hence the insider trading law good for some and against the law for others!
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2022, 11:22 AM   #4343
lamboguy

[QUOTE=sharkey11;2816908]hence the insider trading law good for some and against the law for others![/QUOTEif a congressman is on the agricultural committee and is all of a sudden buying soybeans, i pay attention. if they are on the banking committee and are buying Wells Fargo, i watch closely. and if a senator is on the armed service committee and is buying Boeing, i am on it.

i also look for matches between the congress and CEObuying and selling.

i am finding that they are outperforming Warren Buffet and other Hedge funds and mutual funds and more importantly any index. all this sounds great, but the one MAJOR PROBLEM is happens to be, when these guys make a move, the price moves with them and most of the time you are either paying more or selling for less. often times you could be on the same trade, they win and you lose.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:13 PM   #4344
lamboguy

Nancy Pelosi dumped $2 million worth of Visa and bought Nvidia after she signed off on some bill for chips yesterday.

i bought stock yesterday and held it overnight and grabbed 7 points on the stock..

these people are ruthless. they really are all the same from wherever they come from. Nancy is an old bitch and i have a feeling she is going to be stepping down soon and going for the gusto now.

the Republicans will probably takeover in 2022 and she will take a hike.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:06 PM   #4345
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Apple had to be the one with bad news....

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2022, 02:50 AM   #4346
plainolebill

Most people today believe everything is going to be powered by solar panels and windmills. I should say people that don't know anything about math and physics. the vast majority of the world runs on fossil fuel or nuclear. I am mostly invested in fossil fuel because there are no pure nuclear stocks and I'm not investing in uranium miners.

Coal futures are up as far as the eye can see and BTU is going to kick ass soon, VET a Canadian energy company that trades on the NYSE has huge gas assets in Europe. Just a matter of time, if the whole house doesn't fall down they make big money. If it does we'll all be screwed anyhow. The only non energy name I have is Perdue chicken. I figure with the price of pigs and cattle going out of sight. Chicken should do well. Good luck.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2022, 03:47 AM   #4347
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
Most people today believe everything is going to be powered by solar panels and windmills. I should say people that don't know anything about math and physics. the vast majority of the world runs on fossil fuel or nuclear. I am mostly invested in fossil fuel because there are no pure nuclear stocks and I'm not investing in uranium miners.

Coal futures are up as far as the eye can see and BTU is going to kick ass soon, VET a Canadian energy company that trades on the NYSE has huge gas assets in Europe. Just a matter of time, if the whole house doesn't fall down they make big money. If it does we'll all be screwed anyhow. The only non energy name I have is Perdue chicken. I figure with the price of pigs and cattle going out of sight. Chicken should do well. Good luck.
Frank would be smiling
Old 07-19-2022, 04:48 AM   #4348
lamboguy

I like CalMaine CALM for my long-term exposure to protein and specifically eggs.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:38 PM   #4349
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Closing above both 20 & 50 day moving average has you thinking ???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (40.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-22-2022, 01:51 PM   #4350
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Who would have thought a Social Media crap APP will turn the market downward...

Snap Chat????

Please!!!!!