Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #4006
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Jeb is just the initials of Bush's full name -> John Ellis Bush

Obviously a nickname that somehow stuck.
holy sheet. never knew that. so a Ted=Raphael and a John=Jeb.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 04:01 PM   #4007
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wow, the old JFK, LBJ stuff.
Been a while.

Should we call Hillary WWW?
Old 02-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #4008
DRIVEWAY

The real comedy with JEB! is Columba.

How many First Ladies have been arrested for shoplifting?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...ting&FORM=VDRE
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #4009
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I thought it was a good night for Trump. He came away from it relatively unscathed (which was probably what he was trying to do by skipping the Iowa primary), Rubio was damaged, and Cruz didn't do anything to benefit himself. It looks to me like that establishment candidates will continue fighting it out and splitting that vote and Trump will take NH by double digits. If Cruz can get 2nd, it would be great performance for him going forward.
It was a good night for Trump since he didn't do anything stupid AND Rubio and Cruz both self destructed. I can't believe how bad the two of them were. Both are considered good to great debaters but last night was a disaster for both, especially Rubio. Trump will in NH easily, as for second it is anybody's guess. I don't think Cruz will finish in the top 4 though.
Old 02-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #4010
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Last night pretty much blew this theory out of the water.

My theory was still sound
.... so what if only one person did all the work. And, something you need to know, Mike... Rubio was exposed wasn't he? And this is after a 24/7 love fest by the media, some PA posters, and the mainstream GOP pooh-bahs.

By not exposing Rubio as a fraud -- something that I clued you and PA posters in many months ago of which you ignored -- both Kasich and Juan showed the country last night how much they lack the onions to be a winner.

Christie's window was closed 4 years ago but he is a tough street fighter and capable campaigner. Can't say the same for the mailman's son, the baby snooks Senator and the momma's boy.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #4011
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
About last night's debate...

Marco Rubio showed us what I have been saying for months now ... that he is a sventgalli and intellectual lightweight. I laughed out loud when Rubio rebutted Christie's charge that he (Rubio) only has a rehearsed stump speech that he keep repeating and repeating, and the rebut was a repeat of the exact same rehearsed stump speech!

There won't be any complete and serious poll done because of the timing of the debate with the primary election itself. The primary results will be the poll so we'll see who 'won' or 'lost' the debate in that manner.

John Kasich
won the night but this is his high-water mark. He's one of those GOP establishment clowns who thinks it is important to get along with the Democrats and surrender conservative principles. He may win Democrat votes in the open NH primary, but not one of them will vote for him in a general election. He should have hammered Rubio more and he may have gotten a look-see as Trunp's possible VP, but he let Christie do the dirty work.

Chris Christie
had a good night as well, but he always excels in this part of the political game. The bottom line is he's toast, he won't do well in NH, and just maybe he could be Trump's atty general. He won't do well telling people that they have too much money in the bank so they should expect to lose their SS benefits, tell 55-year olds that that they need to be 70 or so to get benefits. This is why I hate the GOP.... they think they are losers because they can't communicate well, or that the press hates them, or because of Rush Limbaugh. None of the above. Conservatives hate the GOP because we reject their policies and ideas such as Christie's, Kasich's and Bush's.

Ted Cruz
is also toast, both here and then South Carolina. This evangelical thing isn't as strong as the media wants people to believe. Liberals and Democrats always bring this up in a derisive manner, usually after telling us how important the religious right is to the GOP. He didn't do too well last night, and once again I say this for future reference: the Iowa caucus is an insignificant, silly and meaningless exercise.

Donald Trump should win the NH primary because he is the only GOP candidate that talks and promises to do something about those issues that matter most to the country: Illegal immigration, a strong national defense and the economy and creating jobs. Plus, he is also the only GOP candidate that will get meaningful support in all those demographic groups that the GOP fails horribly: blacks and hispanics, union and working class Democrats, and working women. And lest not forget, also conservatives, which the establishment GOP is losing by the day.
Kasich came out and said he would make the worst VP in the world. He doesn't want the job, so we can scratch him off the list. But then again he may be lying like all the rest.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-worst-vp-ever
Old 02-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #4012
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Kasich came out and said he would make the worst VP in the world. He doesn't want the job, so we can scratch him off the list. But then again he may be lying like all the rest.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-worst-vp-ever
Well I hope he isn't lying and that he isn't a VP contender. He's another phony that the conservatives in the GOP need to rid themselves of.

Anyway, Kasich proved yet once again how much of a clown he really is this morning on the Fox Morning Show with Chris Wallace, who chewed him up big time.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 05:51 PM   #4013
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

My theory was still sound
.... so what if only one person did all the work. And, something you need to know, Mike... Rubio was exposed wasn't he? And this is after a 24/7 love fest by the media, some PA posters, and the mainstream GOP pooh-bahs.

By not exposing Rubio as a fraud -- something that I clued you and PA posters in many months ago of which you ignored -- both Kasich and Juan showed the country last night how much they lack the onions to be a winner.

Christie's window was closed 4 years ago but he is a tough street fighter and capable campaigner. Can't say the same for the mailman's son, the baby snooks Senator and the momma's boy.
If Rubio would win the nomination Christie is making enough statements against Rubio that Hillary will have plenty of ammunition to use against Rubio in TV ads. Christie said Rubio is not ready to be president and you can't trust him to be the nominee. Maybe Christie is privately working for Hillary.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #4014
DRIVEWAY

Quote:
If Rubio would win the nomination Christie is making enough statements against Rubio that Hillary will have plenty of ammunition to use against Rubio in TV ads. Christie said Rubio is not ready to be president and you can't trust him to be the nominee. Maybe Christie is privately working for Hillary.
He could be her Zumba instructor.
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #4015
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

OMG...get that image out of my mind!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #4016
highnote

Quote:
Christie said Rubio is not ready to be president and you can't trust him to be the nominee.
I would add Cruz to the list of people who can't be trusted after the stunt he pulled on Carson in Iowa. That shows how low he is willing to stoop to grab power. I say show him the door.

Rubio, Trump, Kasich, Carson, or Christie are more trustworthy than Cruz. And having Trump and Christie on this list is saying a lot.

I'd add Jeb to the list, but only if his mother is his running mate. Not sure he is ready to handle the job on his own.

Kasich might actually surprise people. He looked good last night.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 10:21 PM   #4017
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Let's put them all on an island, SURVIVOR style. Every three days, they have a physical contest and then vote one out. And they all have to eat bugs one week. (that might be pretty normal for a couple of them!)
Old 02-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #4018
johnhannibalsmith

Only problem is they'd require the whole 30 odd days to come up with the framework of the plan to build a shelter.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 09:39 AM   #4019
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Let's put them all on an island, SURVIVOR style. Every three days, they have a physical contest and then vote one out. And they all have to eat bugs one week. (that might be pretty normal for a couple of them!)
Not a fair contest Christie would eat all of them within a week, with a side of rice of course.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #4020
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

"Anyone seen Ben?"

"Ben?"
"Ben?"