Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #3511
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
then Greta Von Sustern must have something on Roger Ailes.

Fox needs to get new hot chicks, and get rid of the bitches!!!!!!,

MSNBC, CNN are blowing them away with hot young chicks. CNN is like the Duke basketball team , load up with hot chicks very year.
With all due respect to my wife, who absolutely detests this type of take, you are correct sir! At one instant a few years back, FOX seemed chock a block with young, opionated hotties. CNN took a look at their own roster and realized instantly, that they were being crushed by appearance- or lack of it to their target audience. Several HERE commented on that fact. So, "like the Duke basketball team", is a very apt analogy.

Where my wife is furious is the deliberate, walk-the-plank decision for older and/or less attractive women. So be it, I say. The fact is that this journalist- reporter thingee has been blurred for decades and the competition for being ENTERTAINED is vicious due to the add ons of Blogs, News Features, documentaries, commentators, etc.

I have a few young, women friends who qualify on all the fronts for such a job- very attractive, entertaining, funny, intelligent and worldly. That dumb as dirt bimbo stereotype has been long gone in my world. I have a few older ones like this, too. I recognize they are in tough against the former group.

As for Greta, she had a facelift, but she already had several rodeos on her, before doing so. Not my fav as the shrillness & shrewness comes to the fore.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #3512
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

All you guys demeaning women, and I am the only one who got called out for it. Double standard in place here? I should stop posting, I should leave the country......whine whine whine.............po' me. Po, po me. I get abuse for doing nothing the other big bad guys here did.

Not.

I'm already drafting me next offensive post.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #3513
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
With all due respect to my wife, who absolutely detests this type of take, you are correct sir! At one instant a few years back, FOX seemed chock a block with young, opionated hotties. CNN took a look at their own roster and realized instantly, that they were being crushed by appearance- or lack of it to their target audience. Several HERE commented on that fact. So, "like the Duke basketball team", is a very apt analogy.

Where my wife is furious is the deliberate, walk-the-plank decision for older and/or less attractive women. So be it, I say. The fact is that this journalist- reporter thingee has been blurred for decades and the competition for being ENTERTAINED is vicious due to the add ons of Blogs, News Features, documentaries, commentators, etc.

I have a few young, women friends who qualify on all the fronts for such a job- very attractive, entertaining, funny, intelligent and worldly. That dumb as dirt bimbo stereotype has been long gone in my world. I have a few older ones like this, too. I recognize they are in tough against the former group.

As for Greta, she had a facelift, but she already had several rodeos on her, before doing so. Not my fav as the shrillness & shrewness comes to the fore.
I don't like it either, but good looking girls on TV works, but I don't care for their opinions, "okay yeah your good looking but you're opinion is the best too? I DON'T THINK SO."

I know I see things different than most but I have noticed they intentionally send their hot chicks to chase Trump for an quick interview and He loves it.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #3514
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Wrong. She's quite smart, and she's good at her job. Her problem is that she's a feminist and can get irrational about what some deem "sexist." Thats what happened with her over Trump insulting Carly's looks.

she's smart and confident . as are maybe a billion other people.
But I don't give media or TV experts opinions more credence than them, same with government.

watch Trump use them like prostitutes.

A good example is the CIA , go back to when they started and count their mistakes. One of the last was their 35 year secret war on Iran. Now China adds Iran as a major trading partner. What country has the CIA converted from enemy to friend?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #3515
lamboguy

Trump's beef is not the moderator because she needs permission to say what she says. during the debates, Fox has been giving Jeb Bush every single break and trying to stick it to Trump.

Trump has no business walking into a trap tonight and figured it out and took a pass. those guys behind the scenes in the republican party don't want Trump to be the president, they want Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush.

the house where i live in has stopped watching Fox news now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 02:13 PM   #3516
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
Trump's beef is not the moderator because she needs permission to say what she says. during the debates, Fox has been giving Jeb Bush every single break and trying to stick it to Trump.

Trump has no business walking into a trap tonight and figured it out and took a pass. those guys behind the scenes in the republican party don't want Trump to be the president, they want Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush.

stop watching? whoa! Fox News is a Holy site of the GOP
Old 01-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #3517
zico20

Quote:

But if Trump were to be on stage and he had all the correct responses to the gotcha statements/questions, he would come out smelling like a rose. His poll numbers would go up and he would cruise to the nomination. However, I think he is playing it safe on purpose. This is the last debate before voting begins. He can't screw up on national TV if he isn't there. I think he took the easy way out. If he can't handle a few tough, subjective questions he should be questioned about his leadership abilities in critical situations.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #3518
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
But if Trump were to be on stage and he had all the correct responses to the gotcha statements/questions, he would come out smelling like a rose. His poll numbers would go up and he would cruise to the nomination. However, I think he is playing it safe on purpose. This is the last debate before voting begins. He can't screw up on national TV if he isn't there. I think he took the easy way out. If he can't handle a few tough, subjective questions he should be questioned about his leadership abilities in critical situations.
but it's a debate not an interview with Megyn Kelly. That's why I think Trump trashed her skills. she's not the only FOX news "moderator" who seem to forget the difference between moderator and interviewer.

that fat head Cavuto ran a few interview type questions and once added a follow-up question BEFORE ANY OTHER CANDIDATE SPOKE that's an interview question.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #3519
lamboguy

Bill Sammon is the vice president of Fox News. his daughter Rachel is high up in the Marco Rubio campaign. She gave the moderators of the Fox debate team the questions to ask of the candidates.

how can anyone possibly think that they weren't trying to slam Trump? the people at Fox never thought it was possible for Trump not to show up to this debate because they know Trump loves being under the lights. Trump outsmarted them this time around.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #3520
DRIVEWAY

Quote:
Bill Sammon is the vice president of Fox News. his daughter Rachel is high up in the Marco Rubio campaign. She gave the moderators of the Fox debate team the questions to ask of the candidates.

how can anyone possibly think that they weren't trying to slam Trump? the people at Fox never thought it was possible for Trump not to show up to this debate because they know Trump loves being under the lights. Trump outsmarted them this time around.
Rachel Sammon, a significant member of Marco Rubio's campaign, made up the questions for the FOX moderators?

Let's hear it for fair and balanced!
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #3521
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Almost as low as CNN.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:36 PM   #3522
Clocker

Quote:
Source?

Bill Sammon is a VP of Fox and is known to have worked with the moderators to put together the debate.

His daughter, Brooke Sammon, works for Rubio. Trump's manager is claiming that that in itself is a conflict of interest.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #3523
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Source?

Bill Sammon is a VP of Fox and is known to have worked with the moderators to put together the debate. His daughter, Brooke Sammon, works for Rubio. Trump's manager is claiming that that in itself is a conflict of interest.
I heard the campaign connection yesterday... several times...

Like I've heard the initial suggestion, now multiple daily talking point about Cruz' invalid candidacy. Originally, a timid, background question- now a full on lie detector q&a that Cruz was a Canadian Prime Minister!

Trump, the incredible blowhard, would say and do anything to win and suck air out of the room and ingratiate himself, while denigrating all others.

IS there absolute proof that the kid gave Ms. FOX hottie, the questions or NOT?

Second, has anyone asked anybody at FOX whether these will be the actual questions, she'll ask?

What a whiney wuss he is!

There will be a day when he's going to have to answer all the real questions,
like:

1) His decades of voting in Democratic primaries;
2) His political/ financial support of same;
3) His anti Republican/ conservative positions;
4) His sleeeping with most of the opposite gender of NY State.

And here's one for his alter net night, tonight.

How come YOU have rarely, if ever given $$$$ to Wounded Vets before, if that is such a priority for you?

Have you ever had any of these Homeless Vets booted from any of your properties, like The Towers / Plaza?

You know... easy puff ball questions that Megyn would never ask?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:24 PM   #3524
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
There will be a day when he's going to have to answer all the real questions,
like:

1) His decades of voting in Democratic primaries;
2) His political/ financial support of same;
3) His anti Republican/ conservative positions;
4) His sleeeping with most of the opposite gender of NY State.

And here's one for his alter net night, tonight.

How come YOU have rarely, if ever given $$$$ to Wounded Vets before, if that is such a priority for you?

Have you ever had any of these Homeless Vets booted from any of your properties, like The Towers / Plaza?

You know... easy puff ball questions that Megyn would never ask?

Wow. Trump probably is not sleeping at night at the thought of answering those difficult to heavy weight questions.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #3525
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Wow. Trump probably is not sleeping at night at the thought of answering those difficult to heavy weight questions.
Those are just background!

They have nothing to do with policy, until you drill down to the specifics.

But, you knew that.