Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #76
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
If you don't mind, I am thru for a while arguing religion.

The politics of the ME suffers because of the fanatics on both sides.
That's rich. A Buddhist fanatic complains about the "ME"?

Boxcar
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #77
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
That's rich. A Buddhist fanatic complains about the "ME"?
Go fishing for someone else.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #78
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
...Hint - no one would care if we never heard from you again.....for whatever reason.

I'm going to go on record and say that I enjoy Steve R for the most part even though the few things that we agree strongly on are fairly narrow. Even though some of his posts and beliefs bug the hell out of me, he's at least articulate in expressing some of the outlandish stuff that challenges the conventional positions here. For a minute when the thread began, I was actually wishing that light was still around to offer the counterpoint, but Steve does a much better job without being nearly as intentionally inflammatory.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #79
Investorater

YAHWEH - GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Toxi, I am NOT "rooting" for the Arabs

I am trying to avoid idiots "rooting" for religious rationalizations.
I guess as long as guys like you and Investorater post here, that will be impossible
At least you got the name right.

YHWH - GOD is the final reality......
Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #80
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
For a minute when the thread began, I was actually wishing that light was still around to offer the counterpoint,.

Light is still listed as a poster on this forum.

Hopefully, he/she is in good health as the contributions of Light were always thought provoking, even when I disagreed with some/ many of them.

Yes....enlighten us Light (and hopefully you are in good health).
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #81
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Let's examine your claims a bit more closely, shall we sir?

Israel has no such "racial laws." And the existence of "separate school systems" is easily explained by the fact that many Arab citizens do not wish for their children to attend Jewish schools, and vice versa.

In fact, Israeli law in no way shape or form prohibits Arab parents from sending their children to Jewish schools, but quite understandably, few parents choose to do just that. And again, vice versa.Considering the shit storm that is the Middle East, of course nothing is perfect in Israel, especially when it pertains to Jewish citizens and non-Jewish (especially Arab) citizens. But I would point you to the following common sense Wiki quote, that brings a rational aspect to your completely irrational and way off the mark comments:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_Arabs
You've got your sources, I've got mine.

"Israeli culture is no less toxic than fanatic Islam, and the country's discriminatory attitude toward Mizrahi Jews and Arabs qualifies it for the title of "most racist state," prominent Israeli author Sami Michael said on Monday.

"Israel can claim the title of most racist state in the developed world," Michael, who heads the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, said at the opening of an international conference of the Association for Israel Studies at Haifa University".
- Haaretz, June 26, 2012

No racial laws? From the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD), 2012:
1. There are two separate systems of education — one in Hebrew and one in Arabic — and two separate systems of local government — for Jewish municipalities and “municipalities of the minorities.”
2. Israel denies Palestinians (including Bedouins) equal access to land and property through a number of discriminatory laws on land issues.
3. Family reunification between Palestinians holding Israeli citizenship and residents of the West Bank and Gaza is prohibited by law and severely affects the right to marriage and choice of spouse.
4. In the Golan Heights, the indigenous residents are denied equal access to land, housing and basic services.
5. There is legalized de facto segregation in the West Bank, with two entirely separate legal systems and sets of institutions for Israeli settlers and Palestinians.

Number 3 alone is enough evidence of Israeli racism. A law that prevents Arab Israeli citizens living in occupied territories from entering Israel to join their Israeli Jewish spouses. Israeli citizens who can't enter Israel because they are not Jewish? Of course that's not a racial law. In your confused and brainwashed mind. Suppose there was an American law that forbid a Jewish American citizen living in Cuba or Venezuela, for example, from joining his or her Christian spouse in the United States. Would that be racist enough for you?
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #82
Steve R

"Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves." - Menachem Begin. (Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin in a speech to the Knesset [Israeli Parlament], quoted by Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts," New Statesman, June 25, 1982)

I don't know how far the following law proposed before the Knesset in the fall of 2011 has gotten, but it sure sounds racist to me. Maybe we have a different definition of the term.

Avi Dichter, of the Kadima Party, has proposed a law calling for the end of Arabic as an official language of the state of Israel. That would affect 20% of Israeli citizens and if I remember correctly, Arabs have lived in what is now Israel for thousands of years. The law also would force every citizen to pledge allegiance to "Israel as a Jewish and democratic state". A law that requires non-Jewish Israeli citizens to pledge allegiance to Israel as a Jewish state? That's not racist? How about the American Congress requiring American Jews to pledge allegiance to the U.S. as a Christian state? Would that work for you?

There is a recent Israeli law which prohibits commemoration of the Nakba, an annual day of commemoration of the displacement that followed the Israeli Declaration of Independence in 1948. How about an American law that prohibits the celebration of Kwanzaa, the holiday which celebrates Black heritage, unity and culture?

Then there is a "land grab" law which rules that land that has been confiscated from Palestinians by the state of Israel for more than 25 years will not be returned to its original and lawful owners.

In addition to the law prohibiting Arab Israeli citizens in Gaza and the West Bank from joining their Israeli Jewish spouse in Israel, a similar law bans Israelis from living with a Palestinian spouse in Gaza or the West Bank.

The Knesset was poised earlier this year to pass a bill forcing non-citizen Palestinians living in Israel into compulsory national service. They would have not have the rights of Israeli citizens but they would have to fight against Israel's "enemies".

One law passed in 2011 legalizes the practice of using "admissions committees" in small Jewish towns in the Negev and Galilee to reject would-be residents based on their social "suitability." There is a clause that enables the rejection of candidates for “lack of suitability to the socio-cultural makeup” of the village. Weasel words for legalized discrimination.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #83
lsbets

The Amnon Kapeliouk quotation has been proven to be a fabrication.

Give up repeating the made up Jew hating shit. Its unbecoming, to say the least. It pretty much establishes your credibility as somewhere below zero.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #84
austin
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Carter - Clinton - Obama - dems in office, embassies fall.

Nothing aids the growth of terrorism like a democrat president.
Shrub Bush 911

enough said hope i spelled everything right
austin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #85
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
I don't know how far the following law proposed before the Knesset in the fall of 2011 has gotten, but it sure sounds racist to me. Maybe we have a different definition of the term.

Avi Dichter, of the Kadima Party, has proposed a law calling for the end of Arabic as an official language of the state of Israel. That would affect 20% of Israeli citizens and if I remember correctly, Arabs have lived in what is now Israel for thousands of years.
So, what? How come they didn't want to establish statehood before the land was legally given to the Jews -- a deal that had the blessing of the U.N., by the way!

Quote:
The law also would force every citizen to pledge allegiance to "Israel as a Jewish and democratic state". A law that requires non-Jewish Israeli citizens to pledge allegiance to Israel as a Jewish state? That's not racist? How about the American Congress requiring American Jews to pledge allegiance to the U.S. as a Christian state? Would that work for you?

There is a recent Israeli law which prohibits commemoration of the Nakba, an annual day of commemoration of the displacement that followed the Israeli Declaration of Independence in 1948. How about an American law that prohibits the celebration of Kwanzaa, the holiday which celebrates Black heritage, unity and culture?
Why would you expect Israel to have laws on their books that are the mirror image of ours? A sovereign state is free create its own legislation through its own legal process. So, what is your beef? Do you live in Israel?

Quote:
Then there is a "land grab" law which rules that land that has been confiscated from Palestinians by the state of Israel for more than 25 years will not be returned to its original and lawful owners.
The land wasn't confiscated. It was won in a war when Israel was defending itself from attack. It is called the spoils of war; therefore, Israel has every legal right to keep that conquered land.

Quote:
In addition to the law prohibiting Arab Israeli citizens in Gaza and the West Bank from joining their Israeli Jewish spouse in Israel, a similar law bans Israelis from living with a Palestinian spouse in Gaza or the West Bank.
I guess it's time to look for new digs.

Quote:
The Knesset was poised earlier this year to pass a bill forcing non-citizen Palestinians living in Israel into compulsory national service. They would have not have the rights of Israeli citizens but they would have to fight against Israel's "enemies".
Sounds like a plan. It would be a means of testing non-citizens' loyalties.

Quote:
One law passed in 2011 legalizes the practice of using "admissions committees" in small Jewish towns in the Negev and Galilee to reject would-be residents based on their social "suitability." There is a clause that enables the rejection of candidates for “lack of suitability to the socio-cultural makeup” of the village. Weasel words for legalized discrimination.
If there is such a law and it passed, it must have had the blessing of Jewish citizens, right? So, what is your beef? You do realize that Israel has a hybrid government -- an official secular one but also an unofficial religious one that wants to return to the theocracy of the OT. Very tough balancing act -- but hey...that is the state's sovereign right.

Boxcar
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
Shrub Bush 911

enough said hope i spelled everything right
I put in Clintons column - the whole 9/11 plot unhatched here under his watch. Bush had the appropriate response, and I don't mean bombing a milk factory. No ambassadors lost under Bush/Bush.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #87
Steve R

Quote:
So, what? How come they didn't want to establish statehood before the land was legally given to the Jews -- a deal that had the blessing of the U.N., by the way!
I guess if the U.N. says that Israel is a legal state then you probably agree that the occupation of Arab territories is illegal because the U.N. says that, too.

Quote:
Why would you expect Israel to have laws on their books that are the mirror image of ours? A sovereign state is free create its own legislation through its own legal process. So, what is your beef? Do you live in Israel?
No beef. Just showing that Israel does, in fact, have racial laws, which others here have denied. Israelis can be as racist as they like. I'm only surprised an American would defend such laws, or maybe you think Kwanzaa and Chanukah should be outlawed as well. I don't know enough about you to draw any conclusions.

Quote:
The land wasn't confiscated. It was won in a war when Israel was defending itself from attack. It is called the spoils of war; therefore, Israel has every legal right to keep that conquered land.
The land owned by Arabs in living in Israel was not won in a war. Since the U.N. says the occupation is illegal, the confiscation of land in the occupied territories is illegal as well. Or do you prefer to pick and choose between what the U.N. says is legal (the state of Israel) and illegal (the occupation of Arab territories).

Quote:
If there is such a law and it passed, it must have had the blessing of Jewish citizens, right? So, what is your beef? You do realize that Israel has a hybrid government -- an official secular one but also an unofficial religious one that wants to return to the theocracy of the OT. Very tough balancing act -- but hey...that is the state's sovereign right.

Boxcar
No beef again. If, as you suggest, racial laws truly are blessed by the Jewish citizens of Israel then I reserve the right to accuse Israel of following in the tradition of their Nazi tormenters of the past. As I noted in an earlier post, they have adopted the Nazi playbook very well.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #88
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
The Amnon Kapeliouk quotation has been proven to be a fabrication.
Show me.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #89
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
Show me.
Why waste my time? Seriously, I could put a post up with links to different sources from all over, but it wouldn't make a difference. I have much better things to do with my time than waste in on your kind. You want to believe it and will insist that everything disproving the quote is itself a fabrication.

The fact that you don't even pause for a second to question it, when it should raise some pretty obvious red flags with anyone reading it, speaks to your bias.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #90
lamboguy

this is what i don't understand, when the Israeli's blow these guys up, why don't they get their bodies and bring them to a big burial plot. bring in plenty of pork and pigs and cover up the dirt. Allah will never let those guys up to visit him and they will never get any virgins up there. that is how you solve this problem in Gaza quickly.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply