Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-14-2023, 02:42 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

disarm

does he come with a rocket up his ass tomorrow?

last race was pretty good. he didn't come off the rail, but it was nice improving race. this race could superficially help/hurt kingsbarn to a degree depending of how well he races.

anyone of the 3 other favs could be really good in here. disarm will have to earn it.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2023, 02:48 PM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I'm not touching any Assmussen runners at Keeneland.
He did win a few races there last fall, but he's 0-fer so far this meet, and historically is terrible at Kee.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:47 PM   #3
f2tornado

I think JR fell asleep on him last out. He now gets Ortiz who likes being more forwardly placed. We shall see if Asmussen charged the batteries on the zapper.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2023, 04:57 PM   #4
PalaceOfFortLarned

Empirestrikesfast
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2023, 07:34 PM   #5
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I think JR fell asleep on him last out. He now gets Ortiz who likes being more forwardly placed. We shall see if Asmussen charged the batteries on the zapper.
wouldn't that be the only reason to run here. seems like he's gonna empty every chamber.

horse took a boatload of cash last race last race as well.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:22 AM   #6
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
wouldn't that be the only reason to run here. seems like he's gonna empty every chamber.

horse took a boatload of cash last race last race as well.
Like Phantom alluded to, it's a lot easier betting on the Zap Master at FG or Oaklawn than at Keeneland. There are 400,000 other reasons to run here but we all know it's all about the Derby for Disarm. He might fire on all cylinders but if he's only a V6 versus a V8 then will it matter? Show pool gets him in regardless. His last three Brisnet figures of 91,91,94 don't suggest a ton of improvement in this campaign. First Mission posted similar numbers in the first two starts and has room to improve in the third start. Plus, he gets Saez. Then there's the impressive Bill Mott Gulf maiden winner who gets the red hot Dettori. I don't think too highly of Arabian Lion but that one's best effort was on the surface. If he can match that figure here then it can be in the money or even pull off what would likely be a mild upset on the tote. Disarm is not even a lock to hit the money but I do like his chances of finishing there provided Jose doesn't sleep on him like JR did.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:37 PM   #7
Spalding No!

Interesting to see what Asmussen does with Disarm now.

Horse romped at Saratoga last summer, but has been asked too much too soon off the layoff. Allowance comeback was promising but not really good enough to advance into major Derby preps. Horse did himself no favors by grabbing second in the LA Derby.

With today's ho-hum effort he's done just enough to get in but is there really any upside to forging ahead to the Derby? Might be another needless TC casualty when he really had no business on the trail in the first place.

I don't think even the Pat Day Mile--always a highly contentious race with a brutal pace--is a viable option right now.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2023, 12:52 AM   #8
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Interesting to see what Asmussen does with Disarm now.

Horse romped at Saratoga last summer, but has been asked too much too soon off the layoff. Allowance comeback was promising but not really good enough to advance into major Derby preps. Horse did himself no favors by grabbing second in the LA Derby.

With today's ho-hum effort he's done just enough to get in but is there really any upside to forging ahead to the Derby? Might be another needless TC casualty when he really had no business on the trail in the first place.

I don't think even the Pat Day Mile--always a highly contentious race with a brutal pace--is a viable option right now.
disappointing 3rd place finish for sure. although he did seem locked in-between horses. but when he did clear he wasn't full of run or a match for the top 2.

seems like an impossible play based on this race if he runs in the derby
Old 04-16-2023, 04:53 AM   #9
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
disappointing 3rd place finish for sure. although he did seem locked in-between horses. but when he did clear he wasn't full of run or a match for the top 2.

seems like an impossible play based on this race if he runs in the derby
In the field if they want in. 18th in points. Would be a complete waste of an entry. That was a pretty meager field yesterday that he couldn't beat.

Horses like Skinner and Mandarin Hero deserve a shot before this 1 time winner.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2023, 08:11 AM   #10
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
With today's ho-hum effort he's done just enough to get in but is there really any upside to forging ahead to the Derby?

Prob not unless he is the type of horse that gets better with racing and deeper in form cycle. Impossible to gauge that specifically, at this stage though. If he was a close third it's a no-brainer, but he was distanced by the other two pretty substantially.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2023, 07:26 PM   #11
boys at tosconova

perfect example of when being in the kd is more important than competing in the kd. he's just going to take the spot of a horse that could prolly do more running

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-17-2023 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:49 PM   #12
Maximillion

Think he has a very real shot here and he is my pick to win the Derby.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2023, 03:34 PM   #13
f2tornado

I'm skeptical this one is fast enough to win but doubt Asmussen would put him here if he didn't have a chance to get a paycheck. I like the Raise A Native on top and the dam side features Buckpasser-x twice. This is your Commanding Curve type bomber on a silver platter.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:15 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I'm skeptical this one is fast enough to win but doubt Asmussen would put him here if he didn't have a chance to get a paycheck. I like the Raise A Native on top and the dam side features Buckpasser-x twice. This is your Commanding Curve type bomber on a silver platter.

Disarm is outgunned, but he's a quality animal. Shows a response when urged. Louisiana Derby saved ground and the rivals were weak. However, Disarms was mildly against the flow. Looks like Rosario is up. Same jock from LAD and his style matches this horse. You figure that even if turning for home if he sees a horse or two that he can't catch for the Win money, that Rosario will continue to ride.
I can see someone liking him underneath at a price.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:39 PM   #15
Mr_Ed

Thread intermission........

Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply