Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #616
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
i have no idea of what you are saying.
Schools are gun free zones.
You know, kill boxes.
Places where the only guns are in the hands of the bad guys.
Soft targets.

If you were going to do a mass shooting, would you likely pick a soft target of an NRA Gun Show?
Old 02-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #617
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Isn't it interesting how passionate the gun folks are about keeping the status quo when it comes to gun laws and restrictions?

Almost the same way the pro-abortion folks are passionate about keeping current abortion laws and freedoms in place...like those states that don't require parental consent or even notice in the case of an underage KID having an abortion, which can be a procedure that comes with serious complications...

The pro-abortion folks are about as zealous as gun owners are in protecting their freedoms already in place...and neither is willing to give an inch in the form of new restrictions...

If the left would view the gun debate from the perspective of their own zealous approach to abortion, there might be less criticism and more constructive understanding, debate and compromise...instead of ridiculing and relegating gun owners to John Wayne, Dirty Harry types, hell bent on walking around like Rambo at any and all costs.

But, but, but, you say, anti-gun person, "these guns are KILLING OUR KIDS."

The anti-abortion folks might throw similar sentiments back at you.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-27-2018 at 10:11 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #618
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You are correct.
And the right will confront it with GUNS!
Well.. except for you.

Them things is scary.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #619
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
i guess i am ignorant about some things, but infinitely less than you, so i can cop that.

but you have read a stupid graphic, and accepted it at face value.

i guess it's true that i am a whacko, or else i would not be on here toing and froing with probably the most ignorant, unknowing, 'unchristian' like fruit loop i have ever experienced.

so maybe that's personal, and while i don't believe in doing personal, surely 'god' would forgive this instance!

anyway the link between banning guns and genocide is nonsense.
even if it was true, without knowing the why, it is the stuff of fruit loops.
i guess it's possible some nutty government would like to remove guns from people before it started to harm them, but that's a completly a different thing to saying.......
guns banned = genocide

while i am here.....
are all those school shootings 'genocide' of a kind?
are guns banned in the usa?
Oh...no you're infinitely more ignorant than I could ever be on my worst day. You ask the stupidest question wanting to know "why" the governments in those countries in the article that banned guns committed such atrocities against their unarmed populations. Asking such a question in this time and age truly betrays your ignorance on many levels. Do you know what tyranny is? Do you know what totalitarianism is? Do you know what fascism is? Do know why the framers of the U.S. Constitution crafted the Law of the Land in terms of "negative rights", placing strict limitations on government power?

Do you think the Founding Fathers of this country might have been keenly aware of an adage like this when writing the Constitution:

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority: still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority.?

(Can you even comprehend what the above maxim is saying!?)

Have you ever studied history in your entire pathetic life? Or are you summa cum laude grad from Dumb Down University?

And no one ever equated gun bans with genocide. But when guns are in the hands of only the thugs and the government in a country, anything can happen -- and it's usually not for the good of the law-abiding citizens. In addition, the line between criminals and the police (a/k/a "good guys") is often blurred, which can make matters exponentially worse.

You should spend the rest of your life getting reacquainted with History. The first time around, evidently, had zero effect on you, in spite of your stellar performance at DDU.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #620
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The anti-abortion folks might throw similar sentiments back at you.
BUT....
Every time the right to abortion is used, a life is lost.
Not even close with every gun sale.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #621
Clocker

Can't wait to hear how the Sheriff of Nottingham, oops, I mean the Sheriff of Broward, spins this:

Quote:
On Monday, Fox News host Laura Ingraham revealed in an exclusive that Broward County Sheriff's Deputies were supposedly told not to enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School unless they had body cameras on, which they did not have.

Ingraham also revealed that police "lost radio transmissions" during the shooting, which also happened at the mass shooting at Fort Lauderdale airport shooting last year, which is also in Broward County.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27602...-ryan-saavedra
Old 02-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #622
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
BUT....
Every time the right to abortion is used, a life is lost.
Not even close with every gun sale.

I have to cross the aisle on that one. I don't think for the child's sake anything good can come out of a women being forced to bear an unwanted child. A scorned woman is the most dangerous animal on the planet. I am all for birth control and prevention of unwanted pregnancies. Abortion should be an option of a last resort.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #623
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Can't wait to hear how the Sheriff of Nottingham, oops, I mean the Sheriff of Broward, spins this:

Also deputy Scot "the coward" Peterson has had his lawyer come out and defend his actions. To me that even affirms that he is very much a coward and disgrace to the badge. He can't even defend himself to the media, he hides behind an attorney.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #624
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Abortion should be an option of a last resort.
Last resort?
Today it's more like "You want fries wit dat?"
Old 02-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #625
boxcar

Quote:

This was my theory early on: The first responders were told to stand down. I'm surprised they weren't told, even more specifically, to take a Duncan Donuts break.

There's an awful lot with this tragedy that isn't adding up. Early on eyewitnesses said that Cruz was arrested wearing military garb. But later pictures show him wearing regular street clothes. Did the Sheriff's Dept. drive the kid home to take a shower and change clothes before carting him off to jail?
Old 02-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #626
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This was my theory early on: The first responders were told to stand down. I'm surprised they weren't told, even more specifically, to take a Duncan Donuts break.
Standard procedure for most departments in the past was to secure the area and wait for SWAT. A lot of agencies have gotten more proactive. This one apparently has not.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:27 PM   #627
boxcar

Quote:
Standard procedure for most departments in the past was to secure the area and wait for SWAT. A lot of agencies have gotten more proactive. This one apparently has not.
That's a very nice policy... let's say for a hostage situation. But when you actually hear gunfire? When shots are heard, should it not be assumed that people are actually under assault at that moment!?
Old 02-27-2018, 02:55 PM   #628
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

There's an awful lot with this tragedy that isn't adding up. Early on eyewitnesses said that Cruz was arrested wearing military garb. But later pictures show him wearing regular street clothes. Did the Sheriff's Dept. drive the kid home to take a shower and change clothes before carting him off to jail?
many different things being said - not sure if any of it is true

-one witness was talking to Cruz while gunshots were heard in background
-shooter was seen in camo with protective vest
-3 people seen leaving and entering car wearing camo and vests
-day was a planned 'live shooter' drill
-onsite school cop thought shots were outside building
-Cruz walked away from school and goes to fast food joint and mall
-Cruz not sweating or wearing any special gear
-Cruz says he does not remember anything (on antidepressant - SSRI?)
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #629
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
many different things being said - not sure if any of it is true

-one witness was talking to Cruz while gunshots were heard in background
-shooter was seen in camo with protective vest
-3 people seen leaving and entering car wearing camo and vests
-day was a planned 'live shooter' drill
-onsite school cop thought shots were outside building
-Cruz walked away from school and goes to fast food joint and mall
-Cruz not sweating or wearing any special gear
-Cruz says he does not remember anything (on antidepressant - SSRI?)
Yup, I've heard all this. I'm beginning to wonder if this guy Cruz was a patsy. As I said earlier, a lot doesn't add up. Funny how that works in big tragedies like this. We still haven't gotten to the bottom of Vegas massacre, and not likely we ever will.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #630
davew

I forgot about the 20 minutes missing surveillance tape.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply