Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2013 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > RDSS Sartin/Bradshaw Memorial 'Road to the Roses' 2013

View Poll Results: Have you read and agree to abide by ALL contest rules?
Yes 104 99.05%
No 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
spicytomato

Cool

I have read the rules
will play ty

Old 03-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
DaveEdwards

Spirit of the Game

Just a quick question really concerning staking levels.

My main tracks are Parx & Penn and I've been rolling at the maximum stake allowable and shall continue to do so. Is it acceptable to drastically reduce staking levels for the mandatory races or am I expected to maintain my usual stake?

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards
Just a quick question really concerning staking levels.

My main tracks are Parx & Penn and I've been rolling at the maximum stake allowable and shall continue to do so. Is it acceptable to drastically reduce staking levels for the mandatory races or am I expected to maintain my usual stake?

Thanks.
Hello DaveEdwards,

The maximum allowable wagering amount per contest DAY is just that, a Maximum. There is no minimum requirement except that when you do decide to play a race, each individual ticket in that race must total at least $2.

It is absolutely acceptable to play mandatory races for the minimum amount, while wagering the maximum amounts on other tracks of your choosing.

One thing to remember though is that a player is given a total of exactly 30 races from which to grow their bankroll. If you choose to choose the above-stated strategy, you are in effect using the bare minimum just to get one of the mandatory races in your 30-race total. Because you need at least 8 mandatory races over the contest, you are then trying to grow your bankroll on just the 22 optional races. If you are not good at "prep" races, and/or you excel at another type of race or track, then this really is a reasonable contest approach.

I see that to-date you have not played any of the mandatory races. In order to be eligible for any prizes and awards, you will need to get in 8 of the remaining 9 available mandatory races, which are spread out of the next few weeks, and listed within the contest rules.

I hope this explanation helped!

Chris
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
DaveEdwards

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the explanation there. I know the pressure is already on for the mandatory races, but I'm sure I'll fit the required amount in. Saturdays are always busy for me so I'll just have to do the races Friday night.

Thank you.
Closed Thread