Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-21-2024, 06:24 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Of course you would say IQ is not important.
One can't truly appreciate what one never had.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:33 PM   #17
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I love the petty insults, it kind of reeks of low intelligence. Next time I post some technical information that came from my own brain your welcome to try to pick it apart, you can even research the subject. What is funny is you picking at my spelling and the petty insults prove my point, thanks!
oh, grow up junior.
intelligence comes in many forms.
and i could not give a fug about your spelling.
i don't know anything about soldering or circuit boards, or, or, or, or........
i do know your water need checking though!
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:43 PM   #18
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
well there you go.
you must have an iq in the inner dirt range!
put straight by the forum genius tom!
Old 02-21-2024, 06:47 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I actually test mine from time to time due to concerns from being a concussion collector and knowing how cumulative they are. I fortunately am more like Joe Frazier than Muhhamad Ali. Most people who have had done to them what I have would be in Joe Biden's mental shape by 50. I.Q. are a good measure of intelligence as long as you take a good amount of them as they can be vastly different. I took one once that had a lot of what was like completing sentences in a poem, I hated that one. I like the ones loaded with math and engineering questions. Mine has dropped an average of about 20 points over time. Pretty sure being far removed from school is no help.

I guess I could be a liberal and say I do not find spelling important as you just get close now and use spell checker. I don't need to be a class A speller to do my jobs. Also liberal are constantly changing word meanings, it is hard to keep with things like " men can have babies."
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:57 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
well there you go.
you must have an iq in the inner dirt range!
put straight by the forum genius tom!

What is with people coming after me that I never interact with lately? I don't use city water and since I am not made of copper the water is fine. The acidic well water corrodes the copper pipes. I am re-plumbing the whole house with Pex. I also rewired the well, yes I have top notch electrical and plumbing skills, I have too many things to count in my knowledge base that I could earn a living with. It comes from being ambitious and not afraid to take on new tasks. So why don't you find someone else to crap on. Or better yet post something that shows a high level of intelligence on a highly technical subject and impress me with your smarts. I will lay -2500 you can't. It is the same challenge I have given Cliffy that he doesn't take me up on.

Don't try copying something off the internet you don't understand either as that game would be easily exposed.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:52 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
You accused me of using the wrong tools, that is a direct insult for someone like me that bought and used tools well before being old enough to drive. I don't have any need nor use for a scope. I have other ways of determining if a board needs replaced. Many of the ones in my machines are obsolete, I fortunately have a stocking repair house for my control brand 60 miles away. I usually just exchange the bad one. I don't know what the deal is with you lately, you seem overly antagonistic, especially your attacks on people that never have done the same to you. You can take your master of none comment and stuff it.
Sure so reading your posts again says your getting by doing everything yourself in what I suspect is some kind of machine shop environment. I did some work some time ago for a gentleman who had 6 robots that all worked to some degree. With this guy the products were a mix of plastics and forming, trimming and stamping that are sold to customers by the thousands. The thing was that his robots were all dated and getting circuit boards was getting problematic for his older machines.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #22
steveb

Quote:
What is with people coming after me that I never interact with lately? I don't use city water and since I am not made of copper the water is fine. The acidic well water corrodes the copper pipes. I am re-plumbing the whole house with Pex. I also rewired the well, yes I have top notch electrical and plumbing skills, I have too many things to count in my knowledge base that I could earn a living with. It comes from being ambitious and not afraid to take on new tasks. So why don't you find someone else to crap on. Or better yet post something that shows a high level of intelligence on a highly technical subject and impress me with your smarts. I will lay -2500 you can't. It is the same challenge I have given Cliffy that he doesn't take me up on.

Don't try copying something off the internet you don't understand either as that game would be easily exposed.
so you can plumb and wire.....well done you.

i can't do much at all, and was never smart enough to have a day job, well, not after a few years of trying.
oh well.

as for ''coming after me'',.....get a grip; maybe your concussions have done more damage than you think.
that, and your bad water, must be to blame.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:48 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
as for ''coming after me'',.....get a grip;
boring tactic, actually

I think you pride yourself in better
Old 02-21-2024, 09:05 PM   #24
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
boring tactic, actually

I think you pride yourself in better

no tactic actually

your second sentence......
if i understood what you said/implied, then maybe i could make a comment on it.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:07 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

to go after someone then claim you're not going after them is boring

and lame

you're better then that...lol

hope that translates better into Aussie

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-21-2024 at 09:08 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 09:16 PM   #26
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
to go after someone then claim you're not going after them is boring

and lame

you're better then that...lol

hope that translates better into Aussie
ok, understood.
then now, perhaps, you should say how i went after him?
if, because, i think he is talking nonsense, then you would be correct.
other than that, no tactic.

a leftie(me) comments on something, and it's going after.
a rightie(is that a word?) comments on something, and it's fair play.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:36 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

who said anything about fair play, either way?

There's no fun in that
Old 02-21-2024, 09:39 PM   #28
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Sure so reading your posts again says your getting by doing everything yourself in what I suspect is some kind of machine shop environment. I did some work some time ago for a gentleman who had 6 robots that all worked to some degree. With this guy the products were a mix of plastics and forming, trimming and stamping that are sold to customers by the thousands. The thing was that his robots were all dated and getting circuit boards was getting problematic for his older machines.

It is a machine shop, the 3rd one I have had myself and I have worked in 8 of them for other people, from 18-33, I do not take crap off anyone and am skilled enough I was never hurting for work. I had a lot of guys I crossed paths with pre internet networking, that would put in a good word for me. Job hopping was the way to get the money if you could back up your talk.

I am the robot, I do not do the volume that would make a robot a time saver or cost effective. A typical order for me is a hundred of something. I seriously cannot remember when I made more than 500 of something. Also most of the parts I make are off a bar fed CNC Lathe. The robots could be used for second operation loading but most those cycles are short and I can load faster than a robot and most second operation tasks. Also by the time I set-up and made fixtures for the robot I am done operating by myself.

I have done stamping, but only for DOD work that I stopped a dozen years ago when I moved where the slow internet does not work with DOD sites. I even made my owned stamping machine. When I stopped using it I tore it down and repurposed the parts.

As for the dated robots I am assuming they were not Fanuc controlled, all my remaining CNC machines are. You can still get control system parts for models that were made in the late 70's easily. I have had some real junk
where I thought I could make one good machine out of 2-3 bad ones.
I had some AHHA (long since out of business) CNC Mills that were from the

80's that needed to be initiated with DOS commands, I still think they were superior to the Southbend (also long since out of business) controls I had on two lathes. I deleted my memory (in my head) of all DOS commands when I sold the last one of those 6 mills after the 2008 recession.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:52 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
ok, understood.
then now, perhaps, you should say how i went after him?
if, because, i think he is talking nonsense, then you would be correct.
other than that, no tactic.

a leftie(me) comments on something, and it's going after.
a rightie(is that a word?) comments on something, and it's fair play.

Nonsense? I do not make BS claims, I know what I am good at and what I stink at and am honest about it. Go ahead and call me out. Want an example of G code computer programming I have done? Would you like to see examples of my own electrical and mechanical engineering designs I use in my business? How about some carpentry, electrical work or plumbing? I have plenty of those 3 still in progress.

You can see it is custom work as some of the electrical and mechanical designs are cobbled together from various scrapped machinery. Also ask me a question about anything I display and will answer it. The carpentry in the house is obviously not hired out as I use a lot of angle plates and corner irons
as I have bad hands and shoulders and like to avoid framing hammers and nail guns. A cordless screwdriver using drywall screws is the least battering.
Old 02-21-2024, 10:15 PM   #30
Inner Dirt

Another thing lefties do that righties don't is thinking someone is smart for agreeing with them politically and stupid if they don't. I have never heard a Republican say MTG or Lauren Boebert were intelligent while I have heard countless ones praise the intelligence of AOC and Crazy Maxine. You also hear many who say how dumb Trump is. A dumb person is not going to turn $40 million into billions running multiple businesses. They also rave over minorities giving then A grades for C grade work. Many believe Biden is running the country when I doubt he can run a bath.