Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-20-2024, 07:46 PM   #1
Inner Dirt

The differances between Republicans & Democrats

I am just wondering what your personal experiences are. I am 63 and been a Republican since I was 7 and worried that Humphrey would beat Nixon stayed up all night watching election returns on my black and white TV in my room.
The major thing I notice is when I get in an argument with a lefty and question their obvious lack of knowledge on a subject, their refute is the topic is not important to them.

Even though I have a skill range and a tested I.Q. that puts me high up the ladder, I am amazed at people who have skills that I cannot master, no matter how hard I try. I just look in amazement at someone who play a musical instrument or paint a beautiful picture. Things I tried and failed at. Another

thing I never grasped was circuit board level electronics and I have bought many books on the subject. Fortunately on the equipment I own I can tell when a board is bad and I just take it out and drive it to the experts 60 miles away and happily cough up $500-$1000 for a quick fix.

My point is as a Republican I admire people who have skills I do not, especially the ones I have tried and failed at. The Democrats I know will say those skills are not important to have, and insult people that have those skills.

I sure as hell wish I was smart enough to fix a circuit board, and my sausage fingers could solder. Unlike a POS lefty I admire people who can do things I cannot.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 10:50 AM   #2
Marshall Bennett

Two party system...needs to adhere to modern day nasty politics, and expand.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 11:34 AM   #3
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am just wondering what your personal experiences are. I am 63 and been a Republican since I was 7 and worried that Humphrey would beat Nixon stayed up all night watching election returns on my black and white TV in my room.
The major thing I notice is when I get in an argument with a lefty and question their obvious lack of knowledge on a subject, their refute is the topic is not important to them.

Even though I have a skill range and a tested I.Q. that puts me high up the ladder, I am amazed at people who have skills that I cannot master, no matter how hard I try. I just look in amazement at someone who play a musical instrument or paint a beautiful picture. Things I tried and failed at. Another

thing I never grasped was circuit board level electronics and I have bought many books on the subject. Fortunately on the equipment I own I can tell when a board is bad and I just take it out and drive it to the experts 60 miles away and happily cough up $500-$1000 for a quick fix.

My point is as a Republican I admire people who have skills I do not, especially the ones I have tried and failed at. The Democrats I know will say those skills are not important to have, and insult people that have those skills.

I sure as hell wish I was smart enough to fix a circuit board, and my sausage fingers could solder. Unlike a POS lefty I admire people who can do things I cannot.
Well being able to repair electronics at the component level just requires the correct tools. Just like music a few can play without sheet music most need those tools that enable more than one instrument being picked up. So in electronics the oscilloscope is the valuable tool that one can trace what is going on with the components. When you own, learn and use a oscilloscope tracing where the fault is on the board because you know what signals a component location are normal. I knew a tennis pro who said his sister is a very smart woman but it never meant she could play tennis just because that she was his sister. Everything has tools even politics and often some tools are not for everyone.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 02:11 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Well being able to repair electronics at the component level just requires the correct tools. Just like music a few can play without sheet music most need those tools that enable more than one instrument being picked up. So in electronics the oscilloscope is the valuable tool that one can trace what is going on with the components. When you own, learn and use a oscilloscope tracing where the fault is on the board because you know what signals a component location are normal. I knew a tennis pro who said his sister is a very smart woman but it never meant she could play tennis just because that she was his sister. Everything has tools even politics and often some tools are not for everyone.

Wrong! You have never seen me solder. I will use a whole spool of it trying to sweat a couple copper pipes together. Trying to solder wires to a toggle switch or the like takes multiple attempts. Thank God for the person that invented Pex pipe. It would take me 25 years and a ton of solder to do my house in copper.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:37 PM   #5
fast4522

Quote:
Wrong! You have never seen me solder. I will use a whole spool of it trying to sweat a couple copper pipes together. Trying to solder wires to a toggle switch or the like takes multiple attempts. Thank God for the person that invented Pex pipe. It would take me 25 years and a ton of solder to do my house in copper.
Again wrong tools, there are huge application differences when someone uses a Weller soldering station or a Weller solder gun, with shrink wrap and heat gun. Your combining copper tubing that is a whole other application of skills with a torch. But what I said about the oscilloscope being a valuable tool to troubleshoot electronic circuits is as sound as it gets. You just happen to be a master of none and have tools that are used wrong or just the wrong tool. Hardware I can fix just about anything and could from 20 years old on, but it depends if something is worth fixing and parts availability.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:49 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Again wrong tools, there are huge application differences when someone uses a Weller soldering station or a Weller solder gun, with shrink wrap and heat gun. Your combining copper tubing that is a whole other application of skills with a torch. But what I said about the oscilloscope being a valuable tool to troubleshoot electronic circuits is as sound as it gets. You just happen to be a master of none and have tools that are used wrong or just the wrong tool. Hardware I can fix just about anything and could from 20 years old on, but it depends if something is worth fixing and parts availability.

I am not using a Weller soldering iron to sweat pipe. I am pretty sure I have as many tools as you have and do not use the wrong tools, you just aren't listening to me, and I definitely do not appreciate the insults. I would bet any amount of money my skill set is more vast than yours. I have yet to meet anyone that could do everything I can. I do not have the hands of a brain surgeon or piano player that i why I struggle with soldering and welding.
I am sure I even have tools you cannot even identify as many I made myself.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:17 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
I am not using a Weller soldering iron to sweat pipe. I am pretty sure I have as many tools as you have and do not use the wrong tools, you just aren't listening to me, and I definitely do not appreciate the insults. I would bet any amount of money my skill set is more vast than yours. I have yet to meet anyone that could do everything I can. I do not have the hands of a brain surgeon or piano player that i why I struggle with soldering and welding.
I am sure I even have tools you cannot even identify as many I made myself.
In your start of the thread is a hodgepodge of things that included music, circuit board repair, politics and so on. Your I.Q. and your place on the ladder as you put it does not make you a jack of all trades, insults are not the intent. And I do not want to watch you solder.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:38 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
In your start of the thread is a hodgepodge of things that included music, circuit board repair, politics and so on. Your I.Q. and your place on the ladder as you put it does not make you a jack of all trades, insults are not the intent. And I do not want to watch you solder.

You accused me of using the wrong tools, that is a direct insult for someone like me that bought and used tools well before being old enough to drive. I don't have any need nor use for a scope. I have other ways of determining if a board needs replaced. Many of the ones in my machines are obsolete, I fortunately have a stocking repair house for my control brand 60 miles away. I usually just exchange the bad one. I don't know what the deal is with you lately, you seem overly antagonistic, especially your attacks on people that never have done the same to you. You can take your master of none comment and stuff it.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:26 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

My plumber is a republican.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:33 PM   #10
steveb

Quote:

i wonder how many dirty lefties with crap iq's can spell 'differances'
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 05:38 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Welp, 1 for sure.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:55 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
i wonder how many dirty lefties with crap iq's can spell 'differances'

That is what you have to pick at? As I have gotten older I misspell words here and there, everybody does. What is funny is most of your spelling police misspell words like everyone else. I bet I could scan your posts and pick out plenty. Cliff Clavin is always picking on people's spelling and grammar yet he screws up as much as anybody. The fact you would pick at my spelling is telling.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 02-21-2024 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:57 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Riht on!
Old 02-21-2024, 06:08 PM   #14
steveb

Quote:
That is what you have to pick at? As I have gotten older I misspell words here and there, everybody does. What is funny is most of your spelling police misspell words like everyone else. I bet I could scan your posts and pick out plenty.
you probably could, if your iq is top of the range as you think it is.
you wouldn't find much upper case either!

never mind that iq is a nonsense metric.

i think they need an urgent check on the water quality in beaverdam.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2024, 06:21 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
you probably could, if your iq is top of the range as you think it is.
you wouldn't find much upper case either!

never mind that iq is a nonsense metric.

i think they need an urgent check on the water quality in beaverdam.

I love the petty insults, it kind of reeks of low intelligence. Next time I post some technical information that came from my own brain your welcome to try to pick it apart, you can even research the subject. What is funny is you picking at my spelling and the petty insults prove my point, thanks!