Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 12-31-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Capper Al

Formula Exacta play -- Anyone following?

One of the hardest working and most documented threads here in PA are the Formula Exacta Plays. I believe his method to be looking for exacta overlays based on tote board odds, but I'm not sure. I think with all his work here, he deserves a discussion. So if you have followed him at one time or another, please share your thoughts.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
pacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
One of the hardest working and most documented threads here in PA are the Formula Exacta Plays. I believe his method to be looking for exacta overlays based on tote board odds, but I'm not sure. I think with all his work here, he deserves a discussion. So if you have followed him at one time or another, please share your thoughts.

What is formula exacta play?
pacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacer
What is formula exacta play?
I really don't know. I have seen it here posting on PA almost daily for a long time and was hoping that whoever is posting would jump in and tell us about their product.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 01-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=128167

Long time poster here.
Search on his handle and there are lots of threads where he discusses many of his ideas.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #5
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
I really don't know. I have seen it here posting on PA almost daily for a long time and was hoping that whoever is posting would jump in and tell us about their product.
To tell you (and f-2002 the truth.... he doesn't seem very "approachable". Similar to ANER...was a man on a mission--didn't seem to want any feedback.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #6
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
To tell you (and f-2002 the truth.... he doesn't seem very "approachable". Similar to ANER...was a man on a mission--didn't seem to want any feedback.
He's not selling anything? Just posts?

Anatole France

Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
ultracapper

I've looked in on it, but I don't understand what I'm looking at.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 11:43 PM   #8
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
I've looked in on it, but I don't understand what I'm looking at.
I don't either.

For those who have been around a long time, Formula used to argue that there was absolutely no way you could win betting races, and he never seemed to understand that you don't have to bet every race. People tried for YEARS to get him to understand this, but he never did. It's very amusing that a decade later he's back with some exacta system that no one understands and he won't explain, yet he posts hundreds of times about. I don't think he actually bets, or he didn't years ago, he just researches stuff "for fun".
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #9
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
I don't either.

For those who have been around a long time, Formula used to argue that there was absolutely no way you could win betting races, and he never seemed to understand that you don't have to bet every race. People tried for YEARS to get him to understand this, but he never did. It's very amusing that a decade later he's back with some exacta system that no one understands and he won't explain, yet he posts hundreds of times about. I don't think he actually bets, or he didn't years ago, he just researches stuff "for fun".
Isn't he the guy who more recently came up with the idea of a profitable CRAPS system, and then a profitable BACCARAT system...and he was posting detailed accounts of his craps and baccarat plays?

You mean he was serious about that stuff?
Old 01-06-2016, 05:35 AM   #10
formula_2002
what an easy game.

This thread just caught my eye. Just about everything mentioned is somewhat correct.
I don't bet. However if I discovered a solid method of play I most certainly would.
In the meantime I get a lot of pleasure working on this stuff.
Actually, I have worked on it for over 40 years.
I have posted profitable runs of a few hundred races, but nothing seems to last.
As far as craps and baccarat, those post simply indicate actual computer tests of a method of play. The results are above the "long term rate of return".
It just goes to show you what is possible within the "short term". As my tag line states, it is easier to get lucky in a low vig game.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #11
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002
This thread just caught my eye. Just about everything mentioned is somewhat correct.
I don't bet. However if I discovered a solid method of play I most certainly would.
In the meantime I get a lot of pleasure working on this stuff.
Actually, I have worked on it for over 40 years.
I have posted profitable runs of a few hundred races, but nothing seems to last.
As far as craps and baccarat, those post simply indicate actual computer tests of a method of play. The results are above the "long term rate of return".
It just goes to show you what is possible within the "short term". As my tag line states, it is easier to get lucky in a low vig game.
Thanks for your reply. You are probably the only horse player that I know that thoroughly tests his app before using it. Good luck to you.

Anatole France

Old 01-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He's not selling anything? Just posts?
No, he's not nor was he ever selling anything. What ever gave you that idea?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #13
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
No, he's not nor was he ever selling anything. What ever gave you that idea?
Just wondered. He's a hard working guy.

Anatole France

Old 01-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #14
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Gentlemen, believe me, if had something worth selling, there would be plenty who would by

Until then I'll just keep plodding along.

I'm thankful for PA's web site.. It's has saved me fortune.

We all need a way to express ourselves, either here or betting windows.
Do they still have people manning the betting windows

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply