Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #301
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i am predicting it goes down big. i am placing my bets for 2 down days. i would say it would have to go down at least 35 s+p points for this prediction to be correct.

all i said in the prior post is that sometimes the cycle is inverted.
1.5%.

Just to be clear, is this both days or total?
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #302
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
1.5%.

Just to be clear, is this both days or total?
if i can be right once every 3 times to be way ahead. its the same idea that i had going into SFOR.
i caught that one at the perfect time and cashed in and i am now letting only the profit roll. that is a good position to be in when you can execute it properly.

i know all about being wrong on things, its easy to be wrong and skeptical. but somehow i pick winners along the way that can overcome the losers.

SFOR is a proven 5 bagger in less than a month until it cracked.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #303
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Market rampage. Upside.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #304
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Market rampage. Upside.

Dud! Huge resistance above.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 AM   #305
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Dud! Huge resistance above.
May well be. But if you bought puts and we don't retrace 20 points from tonight, you have wet noodle.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 06:00 AM   #306
lamboguy

after the French election results the markets in France are up 5% now. this is probably going to mean a big gap up in our markets including the S+P. that will present itself with a great entry point to short the S+P some time this morning currently the S+P is trading up 30 points a little over 1% pre U.S. open. i would wait until around 10:00 a.m. and use a 1% stop loss from where it is.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #307
lamboguy

they are taking gold and silver apart too, those look good to go long now. gold can break to $1240 and silver to $17.35 so there is more room to travel downside and a little riskier than the S+P as far as having your back against the wall.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #308
reckless
Veteran

Another great day for those investors who ignored the smarty pants in the financial press, ignored the snot noses in the political press, and laughed at all those goof-balls of the doom and gloom underground that constantly call for the world to end ... don't say you weren't warned.

Dow up 216 points today on heavy volume. Record all-time highs for companies like Microsoft and Disney ... simply a great day for sure.

Despite a huge near 6-month rally following one poster's sensational generational buying opportunity call of November 3, 2016 or so, there are still dozens of companies selling at a big discount to intrinsic value. Don't leave even more money on the table. Go out there and invest. In a year you'll regret it, for sure, if you don't. Just think some could have been $3 trillion richer if they just listened to me earlier ...

With the great Marine Le Pen's upcoming victory in France, saving a once-proud nation, plus the great Donald J. Trump doing everything right for the USA and the citizens who elected him, the sky is now the limit to how far this market rally could go ... from here.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #309
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Another great day for those investors who ignored the smarty pants in the financial press, ignored the snot noses in the political press, and laughed at all those goof-balls of the doom and gloom underground that constantly call for the world to end ... don't say you weren't warned.

Dow up 216 points today on heavy volume. Record all-time highs for companies like Microsoft and Disney ... simply a great day for sure.

Despite a huge near 6-month rally following one poster's sensational generational buying opportunity call of November 3, 2016 or so, there are still dozens of companies selling at a big discount to intrinsic value. Don't leave even more money on the table. Go out there and invest. In a year you'll regret it, for sure, if you don't. Just think some could have been $3 trillion richer if they just listened to me earlier ...

With the great Marine Le Pen's upcoming victory in France, saving a once-proud nation, plus the great Donald J. Trump doing everything right for the USA and the citizens who elected him, the sky is now the limit to how far this market rally could go ... from here.
Heavy “stopping volume” I would call it. Love your enthusiasm but I think we have a short term pull back from here.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #310
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Heavy “stopping volume” I would call it. Love your enthusiasm but I think we have a short term pull back from here.
That is always a possibility Tape Reader, of course, but everything that I look for when investing is not only still in play, but actually looking better than in a very long time.

This market rally could be derailed near term by just one thing only -- the corrupt GOP leadership of Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell or lack thereof. They want Trump to fail and they'll do whatever they could to do such a thing. Fighting Trump on building a wall, income tax reform, illegal immigration and other signature campaign promises could slow this bull to a crawl real fast.

The business and corporate side of the stock market is improving daily and there are still dozens of major companies selling at near-ridiculous discounts to their intrinsic value.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #311
Ocala Mike

Quote:
[B]

With the great Marine Le Pen's upcoming victory in France, saving a once-proud nation

I was under the impression that world markets rallied because she faces almost certain defeat in the runoff. Silly me!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #312
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
... The business and corporate side of the stock market is improving daily and there are still dozens of major companies selling at near-ridiculous discounts to their intrinsic value.
Really??

"Selling at near-ridiculous discounts to their intrinsic value" makes me wonder exactly what you are actually looking at for each of these major companies in particular and the US economy in general at the macro level in the next 5 years.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 PM   #313
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I was under the impression that world markets rallied because she faces almost certain defeat in the runoff. Silly me!
The elite forces in the media and the Establishment said that Donald Trump will lose. He didn't lose, of course. He was a cinch! And, the stock market has gone straight up since then.

The elite forces in the media and the Establishment said that the world markets and the UK economy will crater if the citizens voted to 'leave' the EU in the Brexit referendum. The people voted to leave and the world markets and the UK economy did not crater.

So, Mike, do you really think that the markets rallied big today because Le Pen faces almost certain defeat in the runoff?

Don't be silly.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #314
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
Really??

"Selling at near-ridiculous discounts to their intrinsic value" makes me wonder exactly what you are actually looking at for each of these major companies in particular and the US economy in general at the macro level in the next 5 years.
In a word, yes. I spent all this past week buying shares of companies I have owned for many years while adding 3-4 new positions. Today I put in some more orders but because of the election in France, the market just took off from jump street, as you probably know.

In no particular order, this is what I look at when researching and buying a stock.

Price to free cash flow.

Yield on free cash flow.

Annual and longer term free cash flow growth.

Return on equity.

Return on Invested Capital.

Free cash flow return on invested capital, a powerful and rarely used metric. It's dynamite.

A somewhat consistent growth in sales and to a smaller extent, earnings.

I am going to guess that you might not agree .... that's OK, of course. No one on this site agrees with me on anything and that's OK, too. I actually like that since I've been right so very often. But, yet, the critics never offer any alternative or differing commentary. Why is that? I always thought a discussion between differing points of view is good and educational.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #315
lamboguy

SFOR down 7% today

S+P up 25 points or 1%

if i am right the market should take a big hit tuesday

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: