Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-23-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
cj's dad

Joe Flacco

Joe is out for the year ! Torn ACL. The Ravens season was going nowhere and now it will only get worse. The Ravens also lost their best running back when Justin Forsett broke his right arm on a cheap body slam by a Rams defender.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:49 AM   #2
Valuist

This team has been completely decimated by injuries, and amazingly is actually 3-2 in their last 5 games and 4 points away from being 5-0. Ok, the schedule has been a who's who of lousy teams: Miami, Cleveland, St Louis, Jax and San Diego, but Harbaugh has done a great job keeping this team competitive. The bettors have noticed.

Last edited by Valuist; 12-08-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
This team has been completely decimated by injuries, and amazingly is actually 3-2 in their last 5 games and 4 points away from being 5-0. Ok, the schedule has been a who's who of lousy teams: Miami, Cleveland, St Louis, Jax and San Diego, but Harbaugh has done a great job keeping this team competitive. The bettors have noticed.
100% correct- best QB, receiver (Smith), running back (Forsett) and defender (Suggs) out for the year All 12 of their games have been decided by 8 or fewer points, an NFL record.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
100% correct- best QB, receiver (Smith), running back (Forsett) and defender (Suggs) out for the year All 12 of their games have been decided by 8 or fewer points, an NFL record.
John Harbaugh can coach his ass off no quit from the Ravens.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
tucker6

lol. In the meantime, Pittsburgh lost their running back for most of the year, their #2 receiver for 4 games, and their QB off and on for most of the year and are 7-5. That is with a subpar defense that most Raven fans thought would be very poor this year and are. The truth is that the Ravens mentally fell apart on defense when Suggs went down, and Flacco had a subpar year. That combination, along with Harbaugh's inability to coach the rest of the players up has led to your record.

If you don't believe that story, compare yourselves to Dallas' or New England's injury situations, which are worse than yours. Whining about injuries is sad, and everyone has them. Harbaugh has not done a credible job this year.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
lol. In the meantime, Pittsburgh lost their running back for most of the year, their #2 receiver for 4 games, and their QB off and on for most of the year and are 7-5. That is with a subpar defense that most Raven fans thought would be very poor this year and are. The truth is that the Ravens mentally fell apart on defense when Suggs went down, and Flacco had a subpar year. That combination, along with Harbaugh's inability to coach the rest of the players up has led to your record.

If you don't believe that story, compare yourselves to Dallas' or New England's injury situations, which are worse than yours. Whining about injuries is sad, and everyone has them. Harbaugh has not done a credible job this year.
If they're lucky, they'll win 1 more game this year.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #7
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:

Cool story. Lest we forget that the almighty Stillers lost... at home... to the Ravens this season.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Cool story. Lest we forget that the almighty Stillers lost... at home... to the Ravens this season.
That was your super bowl this year
Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #9
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
That was your super bowl this year
Michael Vick was the qb
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 05:40 AM   #10
cj's dad

Quote:

The Ravens have 18 on the IR list- most in the NFL.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #11
tucker6

Quote:
All kidding and ribbing aside, the Ravens should have been better on defense than they were. I throw out all records from the point where the QB goes down because the backup is usually a far inferior QB to the starter. However, I maintain that when Suggs went down, the defense fell apart. That to me says that the DC didn't adjust the defensive game plan to use the remaining skill sets he had. The Steelers have a terrible secondary this year, but have been able to mask it most of the time through good schemes. Why couldn't the Ravens defense mask the lack of pressure they were getting once Suggs went down? So I believe coaching let you down this year and not injuries. That isn't to say that I think the Ravens would be playoff bound, just that I think your record could have been better.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #12
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
2nd most in the NFL with 17 is the NE Patriots....Yet they manage to be 12-2.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #13
Secondbest

If Brady went out with all the other injuries they would not 12-2 or even close.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #14
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
If Brady went out with all the other injuries they would not 12-2 or even close.
Absolutely true, just thought I'd point out what a heck of job they've done to have such a record with that many injuries....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #15
Secondbest

Just shows how great Brady really is.Also the coach
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply