Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #76
BetHorses!

4 plays

3-2 last week

Det +5.5
SF +10.5
Ariz +2
Indy +7
Old 10-15-2017, 01:18 PM   #77
Robert Fischer
clean money

On paper KC favored by only 3 pts @ home vs. Pitt seems like robbery.
Are you morally flexible enough to take money from the house here?? What's the limit???

However, Pittsburgh is one of the NFL's face franchises. Pitt is treading water at 3-2, and another loss begins to reach the territory that threatens some advertisement revenue.
NFL doesn't give a care about KC, and with their 5-0 record coming in, a loss today isn't going to cost them.

I would be scared to bet this game. I don't trust the league in situations like these.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #78
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
On paper KC favored by only 3 pts @ home vs. Pitt seems like robbery.
Are you morally flexible enough to take money from the house here?? What's the limit???

However, Pittsburgh is one of the NFL's face franchises. Pitt is treading water at 3-2, and another loss begins to reach the territory that threatens some advertisement revenue.
NFL doesn't give a care about KC, and with their 5-0 record coming in, a loss today isn't going to cost them.

I would be scared to bet this game. I don't trust the league in situations like these.
It got close in the end but Pittsburgh was dominant in all phases. KC record was a mirage.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #79
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Glad Giants HC Ben McAdoo finally saw the light and gave up the play calling duties (and I highly suspect it wasn't his idea).Instead of having that Red Lobster menu play sheet in front of his face all the time, he actually looked like a head coach.And kudos to the offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan for calling a solid game despite a patchwork receiving corps and retrofitted offensive line.

Just goes to show in the NFL, when you think you got it knocked,that's when you fall flat on your ass.And when it looks like you're going to be swallowed up by the earth, victory often arises.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #80
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses! View Post
3-2 last week

Det +5.5
SF +10.5
Ariz +2
Indy +7

2-2 ugh Indy

Last two weeks
5-0
3-2

10-4 YTD
Old 10-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #81
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Tonite the Chiefs play the Raiders in Oakland.The number,as I write this, is KC by 3 with an over/under of 46.
Along with the Giants,the Raiders have been the biggest disappointment in the NFL.Oakland has lost 4 in a row after winning their first two.Going on the assumption that good teams don't stay bad, I am going with the Raiders and the over.I admit I would feel more confident with my selection if this game were on Sunday and Derek Carr had another 3 days to recover from his back injury.

TNF. YTD. 7-4-1 (Win 3-2-1. Over/Under. 4-2)

Old 10-22-2017, 12:42 PM   #82
BetHorses!

5 plays

10-4 YTD

Arizona +3
Bills -3
Clev +5.5
Giants +3.5
Eagles -4.5
Old 10-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #83
barahona44

Thursday Night Football game is the Miami Dolphins at the Baltimore Ravens.The line as I write this is Baltimore by 3 with a O/U of 37 1/2.This is a tough game to figure out as both teams have been up and down and the Ravens in particular have been underachieving.Miami has won 3 in a row but I don't see them as a 4 in row type.Jay Cutler is not playing due to rib injuries.I am going to choose Baltimore and the over.I think the Ravens will finally wake up and the game I think will be close in the 24-20 neighborhood.

TNF YTD. 9-4-1 (W 4-2-1) (O/U 5-2)

Old 10-28-2017, 08:07 PM   #84
Robert Fischer
clean money

Don't know the teams well enough to have a betting opinion.

some interesting games this weekend:

Cowboys vs Indians - 'Skins opened home favorites (-1), and apparently significant action has moved the line to Dal -2.
Forgive me if I missed a major injury/depth chart piece of info, but at a glance this sure looks like an 'action' game. I like when the odds move in line w/ the action, (as opposed to lines that hold steady in spite of lopsided action). Soothes the conspiracy nerves... May the best team win this Sunday. Fair battle. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know these teams well enough. Gut says Dallas.

Bills vs Raidaz - Now those aforementioned 'conspiracy nerves' are a tingling...
The Bills are dangerously close to Bill-ding some serious momentum. The AFC East is designed to provide sparring partners for the champ(Pats), not contenders. Raiders getting about 2, 2.5 on the road, and I can't help but consider the possibility that they will have good opportunities.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 10-28-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #85
Robert Fischer
clean money

Bills looking tough.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #86
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I don't know how anybody can sit and watch a game any longer. I can't do it. Between the penalties, replays, bad play and commercials I'd rather watch just about anything else.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 07:26 PM   #87
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't know how anybody can sit and watch a game any longer. I can't do it. Between the penalties, replays, bad play and commercials I'd rather watch just about anything else.

Totally unwatchable! The NFL makes baseball look THRILLING in comparison. The football games are so freaking boring that I can't even tune to SportsCenter to watch the highlights.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #88
Secondbest

Now they put commercials in between plays when the team is in the huddle.
Another reason why I watch way less than I used to.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #89
barahona44

Thursday night football pits the Buffalo Bills vs. the New York Jets at Metlife Stadium in the Garden State.The line as I write this is Buffalo by 3 and an O/U of 42 1/2. Every NFL team (except Jacksonville) has to play at least one game on Thursday.Some matchups seemed at the beginning of the season to be less than terrific and this indeed seemed to be one.Recall however that the Rams-49ers early in the season also seemed to be that type of matchup and that turned out as one of the best games of the year.However the Bills are currently only a half game behind the Patriots and they have an impressive +14 turnover differential,which leads the league. They have a Gibraltar-like defense and they don't beat themselves.

The consensus on the Jets was that they were going to tank this season to get the number one choice and grab a potential franchise QB.To their credit the Jets are 3-5 and have battled down to the wire in most of their games giving the Patriots and Falcons the last three weeks all they could handle.However,there comes a point where talent beats out effort and I feel the Jets are reaching that place.Too many close games can take their toll.Given that, I am taking Buffalo and the under.I've been successful going with the over and that streak should come to an end tonight.That number seems a tad generous. I see a fairly easy victory for Buffalo in the neighborhood of 28-10.

TNF YTD. 11-4-1. (Win 5-2-1 O/U 6-2)

Old 11-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #90
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Thursday night football pits the Buffalo Bills vs. the New York Jets at Metlife Stadium in the Garden State.The line as I write this is Buffalo by 3 and an O/U of 42 1/2. Every NFL team (except Jacksonville) has to play at least one game on Thursday.Some matchups seemed at the beginning of the season to be less than terrific and this indeed seemed to be one.Recall however that the Rams-49ers early in the season also seemed to be that type of matchup and that turned out as one of the best games of the year.However the Bills are currently only a half game behind the Patriots and they have an impressive +14 turnover differential,which leads the league. They have a Gibraltar-like defense and they don't beat themselves.

The consensus on the Jets was that they were going to tank this season to get the number one choice and grab a potential franchise QB.To their credit the Jets are 3-5 and have battled down to the wire in most of their games giving the Patriots and Falcons the last three weeks all they could handle.However,there comes a point where talent beats out effort and I feel the Jets are reaching that place.Too many close games can take their toll.Given that, I am taking Buffalo and the under.I've been successful going with the over and that streak should come to an end tonight.That number seems a tad generous. I see a fairly easy victory for Buffalo in the neighborhood of 28-10.

TNF YTD. 11-4-1. (Win 5-2-1 O/U 6-2)
My 'conspiracy nerves' are tingling again with this game.

If I handicapped this game, I'd say Buffalo by two scores.
Again, I'm worried that Buffalo is becoming a threat to the Patriots, and the league would prefer the Patriots (probably the home-field thing as well).

A conspiracy worry wouldn't spur me to bet ON the Jets here, just has me scared away from betting the game.