Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #571
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
We still have a long way to go before the fat lady sings. Check back in about 26 months or so. Until then, you can prove nothing about that forecast. Especially through comparison to Bush.
This is the only thing you said true is this Obama bash.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #572
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
This is the only thing you said true is this Obama bash.
Panetta didn't write a book slamming Obama? The Dems are begging Obama to come out and campaign for them? The media moonrats aren't jumping ship?

I'm going to have to stop watching Fox and CNN and tune in to the Daily Show to get the straight scoop.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #573
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Isn't it time to close this thread? Or has it been officially approved by the sensors?
Getting hard to watch the news or pick up a paper huh?

You fools who fell for the drivel, the carnival barker of the left and dreamed of better days and receding oceans must be having a hard time watching Superman dash into a phone booth and come back out dressed as Bozo the clown. It's going to get worse. Hang on.

Clocker gets it right.

Quote:
The premise of the thread is that Obama is losing support on the left AND a prediction that the polls for Obama will be lower than for Bush by the time Obama leaves office.

Much as we all long for a resolution of the latter part of that premise, we still have a long way to go before the fat lady sings. Check back in about 26 months or so. Until then, you can prove nothing about that forecast. Especially through comparison to Bush.

As to the former part of that premise, no sentient observer of the political scene could deny that Obama is losing support on the left. Piers Morgan, Chris Matthews, and many other former fan boys are gagging on the Kool Aid. Obama is toxic on the campaign trail for Congressional Democrats in contentious reelection campaigns. And in total reversal of precedent and political protocol, former high ranking members of Obama's cabinet are very critical of his leadership while he is still in office (Gates, Panetta, Clinton, etc.).

I see no evidence to contradict the premise of this thread.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #574
hcap

Quote:
Panetta didn't write a book slamming Obama? The Dems are begging Obama to come out and campaign for them? The media moonrats aren't jumping ship?

I'm going to have to stop watching Fox and CNN and tune in to the Daily Show to get the straight scoop.
Ok, some issues I won't dispute, however the productiveness of original claims are wrong and although you gents may smear some lipstick, and dress up as fat ladies, you ain't
Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #575
Clocker

Quote:
Ok, some issues I won't dispute, however the productiveness of original claims are wrong
Productiveness???

If you want productiveness you should go back to the religious thread where you guys have already accomplished so much!!!

Political threads are for poking fun, bursting illusions, and pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #576
hcap

The original prediction of this thread is wrong and arguing with righties about it is mostly unproductive

I rely on my spell-checker way to much for what my eyes can not do.
OOPS!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #577
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
The original prediction of this thread is wrong and arguing with righties about it is mostly unproductive

I rely on my spell-checker way to much for what my eyes can not do.
OOPS!
It can't be wrong until January of 2017. Btw it's technically been right a few times already. Some of the polls have equaled Bushie at one time or another.

It's the other part of the thread that's the real meat of what's happening. Falling from grace from such a high altitude is going to hurt awfully bad.
He's going to fly home to Hawaii or Chicago looking like whipped pup. Standing next to a pissed off bulldog.............
Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #578
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The beat goes on.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 10-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #579
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
He's going to fly home to Hawaii or Chicago looking like whipped pup. Standing next to a pissed off bulldog.............
He will fly to Rancho Mirage where someone just bought him a 6mil home. When he's not speaking for 250k he'll be playing golf with the wealthiest people on the planet, democrats and republicans alike. In 10 years he will be worth 100 million. In 20 maybe 3/4 of a billion.

Whipped pup my ass.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #580
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The premise of the thread is that Obama is losing support on the left AND a prediction that the polls for Obama will be lower than for Bush by the time Obama leaves office.

Much as we all long for a resolution of the latter part of that premise, we still have a long way to go before the fat lady sings. Check back in about 26 months or so. Until then, you can prove nothing about that forecast. Especially through comparison to Bush.

As to the former part of that premise, no sentient observer of the political scene could deny that Obama is losing support on the left. Piers Morgan, Chris Matthews, and many other former fan boys are gagging on the Kool Aid. Obama is toxic on the campaign trail for Congressional Democrats in contentious reelection campaigns. And in total reversal of precedent and political protocol, former high ranking members of Obama's cabinet are very critical of his leadership while he is still in office (Gates, Panetta, Clinton, etc.). I see no evidence to contradict the premise of this thread.
Heard about this today on my 'right wing' radio station -- a station owned by uber liberal CBS, but I digress.

The dopey Democrat Party dame running for the US Senate in Kentucky, Allison Grimes, was giving an interview to the Editorial Board of a major daily newspaper.

Allison was asked this simple question: "Did you vote for President Obama in the 2008 and 2012 elections?"

Allison then spent 5 minutes of so, maybe longer, explaining how President Obama is not on the ballot this Election Day. Grimes was again asked if she voted for Obama, and Grimes once again did not answer either yes or no but stumbled again on how Obama is not on the ballot.

As bad as her dimwitted GOP opponent is, never in all my years following politics did I ever hear someone running for a major office sound so stupid, scared, disingenuous and unworthy of not only representing the great Commonwealth of Kentucky but the once-great Democrat Party as well.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #581
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

Allison then spent 5 minutes of so, maybe longer, explaining how President Obama is not on the ballot this Election Day. Grimes was again asked if she voted for Obama, and Grimes once again did not answer either yes or no but stumbled again on how Obama is not on the ballot.
Even the liberal media are throwing her under the bus on this one.

Quote:
JOE SCARBOROUGH: Respect the sanctity of the ballot box? Oh, my God. That's awful. Chuck, come on. I talked to Al last hour. Man, I had a guy, I had a guy I was running against do the same thing with Bill Clinton. So you don't support this, you don't support that, you don't support this, you don't support that. Did you even vote for Bill Clinton? Then he did the same stumbling, mumbling. People people aren't that stupid. How could Alison Lundergan Grimes -- I mean, what a rookie mistake. Just admit it and say, "He screwed up. I distanced myself from him. I regret my vote." Just anything, don't treat us like we're stupid.

CHUCK TODD: The idea of -- I'm sorry even to say you regret your vote that would almost seem as disingenuous. But that is -- can Kentuckyians expect her to cast a tough vote on anything? Is she ever going to answer a tough question on anything? You want to be a U.S. Senator? If you can't say -- if you can't find a way to stand behind your party's president, you can disagree with him but can't answer that basic question and come across looking ridiculous. I think she disqualified herself.
Real Clear Politics
Old 10-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #582
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What a dipstick - how could you vote for an obvious idiot like her?
The women has no integrity.

And I would (and have ) said that about both sides.

Let them all talk - how else do we find out who the idiots are?

(Is she related to Jay Carney? )
Old 10-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #583
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Even the liberal media are throwing her under the bus on this one.

Real Clear Politics
I don't know how to quote an item here that was also a quote so forgive me there.

Yes, Scarborough is right... if she said she did vote for Obama, who would have held that against her? That was actually the right answer, coming from the Democrat Party US Senate nominee!

But, I think there is something not considered, at least until now :

I think Patty cake Grimes did not vote at all in 2008 and 2012!!

And, not voting, especially done by a politician, is actually worse than voting for the 'wrong' person or Party. That's not accepted, in my opinion.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #584
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

I think Patty cake Grimes did not vote at all in 2008 and 2012!!

And, not voting, especially done by a politician, is actually worse than voting for the 'wrong' person or Party. That's not accepted, in my opinion.
I don't think that is the answer. The woman is as political as they come, a major Democratic Party activist, and an elected official (Secy of State). And even if she didn't vote for Obama in the voting booth, she voted for him at the Democratic Convention in 2012. She was an Obama delegate to that convention. That is the public record.

On the other hand, she was a Hillary Clinton delegate to the 2008 convention, so it is possible that after Obama got the nomination, she didn't vote for him out of spite, or wrote in Hillary in the general election. But she just appears to be a straight ticket party loyalist. But she is dodging about something.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #585
dartman51

She is right. Obama is NOT on the ballot, but, in HIS OWN words: "I am not on the ballot this fall. Michelle’s pretty happy about that. But make no mistake: these policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them."

You know that line made more than a few Democrats cringe.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply