Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
CheckMark

Don't you just love it (not)

I love it how I put honest and truthful comments and then the thread ends. Check all the recent posts and 2 of them are mine because when I say something, it just ends. We all need respect to each other and I would still like to be on here and chat like a youngster like me. Thanks everyone IF YOU RESPOND.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
CheckMark

And I want no bs on "Your just young" or "learn your respects">
Old 09-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I love it how I put honest and truthful comments and then the thread ends. Check all the recent posts and 2 of them are mine because when I say something, it just ends. We all need respect to each other and I would still like to be on here and chat like a youngster like me. Thanks everyone IF YOU RESPOND.

speaking for myself, I am a longtime horseplayer (43 years) with set opinions about horse raeated things. I takes a lot of evidence to change my way of thinking. But I will make it a point to respond to your posts.

Allan
Old 09-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
bobphilo

Quote:
Check, I know how you feel and have had the same experience. I always try to answer all questions directed at me, just as you do, and it would be great if all others did the same but, unfortunately, that's not always going to happen. A lot of people have the philosophy of, "Never explain, never complain, and never concede on any issue"

The best way to deal with it is to see this as that you that you have made your point and others have found no counter argument. As I said, it would be great if all people conceded to this but to expect this to happen is to set yourself up for disappointment.

Another problem is when you or anyone else puts forth an honest post on an issue of interest and yet the thread dies a aborning because there are no responses no matter thoughtful and relevant to handicapping it is. There is just no way to get people to take an interest in something for whatever reason. Maybe they only pay attention to posts from certain people - who knows? All you can do is to post something you wish to share and hope for a response.

Last edited by bobphilo; 09-19-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Check, I know how you feel and have had the same experience. I always try to answer all questions directed at me. Maybe they only pay attention to posts from certain people - who knows? All you can do is to post something you wish to share and hope for a response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
speaking for myself, I am a longtime horseplayer (43 years) with set opinions about horse raeated things. I takes a lot of evidence to change my way of thinking. But I will make it a point to respond to your posts.

Allan
biggestal99 and bobphilo thank you.

Bob, you just summed up EXACTLY what I feel and yes I will just post and hopefully people continue to post or just leaving it

Allan, thank you for recognising a youngster who is still in school.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
jay68802

Think this probably happens to everyone. Hard to figure once in a while.
Don't let this get to you, not something you can control, so it is not something to worry about. To be honest, the thing I am watching is to see how your comments and your views/handicapping evolve over time.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
jimmyb

Be careful what you wish for.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #8
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Boohoo.

Respect is earned.

First learn respect and see if that helps.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
As far as what you wrote, I doubt people are purposely ignoring you, and as far as controversial comments you probably don't even make the top 1000 posters.

I am curious about your website where you give out selections. To be honest, the writing is a little hard to follow, but how I read it is that you started giving out picks in 2012, then changed the name of the site in 2015. So that means you started selling horse racing selections at age 10, or was this someone else? If so, you're definitely the youngest selector I can recall. Maybe I'm misreading it.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #10
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
As far as what you wrote, I doubt people are purposely ignoring you, and as far as controversial comments you probably don't even make the top 1000 posters.

I am curious about your website where you give out selections. To be honest, the writing is a little hard to follow, but how I read it is that you started giving out picks in 2012, then changed the name of the site in 2015. So that means you started selling horse racing selections at age 10, or was this someone else? If so, you're definitely the youngest selector I can recall. Maybe I'm misreading it.
Must of been a typo, it should read I started in 2016 but maybe 2015. I don't really update my selections because I don't know if anyone is going to read it. So that is why there is still a free pick from Woodbine. Maybe I should post in each thread every day to see if I make the top 1000 posters

Last edited by CheckMark; 09-20-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #11
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Think this probably happens to everyone. Hard to figure once in a while.
Don't let this get to you, not something you can control, so it is not something to worry about. To be honest, the thing I am watching is to see how your comments and your views/handicapping evolve over time.

I don't think personally that this happens to EVERYONE, I only see it happening to ME and other people ( like 1 or 2 people)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There's a difference between ignore and "not interested."

Nobody is ignoring you. They just aren't interested in what you have to say in whatever post gets little response. Learn the difference.

Maybe what you are posting about isn't all that interesting to most people on here...what do you want them to do...reply anyway?

They simply are going to read what you wrote and move on...if people are interested, they respond, if not, they don't.

It's quite simple. And yes, it happens to everyone.

Now it's time to CLOSE this thread because it's not about racing, it's about YOU.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: