Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #121
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Ditto, I still think it is great. I don't mind the pace of the show, I mind having to wait a week for the next one!
FYI, I think next episode is June 5, darn holiday, lol.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #122
kingfin66
Bombardier

I appreciate the fact that Gilligan is not simply trying to turn the series into Breaking Bad 2. He is using a lot of character development and tons of symbolism. My sons put me onto the fact that the Exit signs were intended for Chuck and signified his impending exit from Hamlin Hamlin & McGill.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #123
RunForTheRoses

https://m.imgur.com/r/betterCallSaul/B6kBO
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #124
RunForTheRoses

There's a torrent making the rounds of S3E8 if anyone has access to such things and like me can't wait. It has Spanish subs hard wired into it. No spoilers but it is a good episode.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #125
Longshot6977

Season Finale-Lantern

So who thinks Chuck will just sit there in the fire for a while? He burnt his house down to cover up (and get insurance money) for the ridiculous damage he did to his new remodeling. They showed him pulling some wires from the wall and I wonder if they had anything to do with the electric meter continuing to run. Maybe he'll just sit there until the fire dept saves him. Maybe he'll just die in the fire since we never hear him mentioned in Breaking Bad. But his kicking the table until the lantern fell off certainly can be summed up that it was an "accident" by the investigators that caused the fire and not done on purpose. He's a smart guy, but a loose cannon. Can't wait until season 4.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #126
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They're nuts if they pick it up for another season
Old 06-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #127
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
They're nuts if they pick it up for another season
I thought this season was pretty good, but it really needs to pick up the pace.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #128
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I thought this season was pretty good, but it really needs to pick up the pace.
Notice Jon Banks was completely missing from final episode? It's down over 35% in the ratings.........rarely does that inspire a pickup. I noticed we got to see a little more of Kim. Literally.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #129
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
So who thinks Chuck will just sit there in the fire for a while? He burnt his house down to cover up (and get insurance money) for the ridiculous damage he did to his new remodeling. They showed him pulling some wires from the wall and I wonder if they had anything to do with the electric meter continuing to run. Maybe he'll just sit there until the fire dept saves him. Maybe he'll just die in the fire since we never hear him mentioned in Breaking Bad. But his kicking the table until the lantern fell off certainly can be summed up that it was an "accident" by the investigators that caused the fire and not done on purpose. He's a smart guy, but a loose cannon. Can't wait until season 4.
I forgot that it was on but luckily had the DVR set and waited and waited until I was sure it was over and the credits were on to even look so I could (rewind - almost really typed it) start it from the beginning. Of course, I knew before I watched it that someone (most likely chuck) had killed himself. There was a suicide prevention hotline and message on the screen right as I stopped it at the end of credits. I can't help but feel pretty confident that he just couldn't take knowing he was mad.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #130
FantasticDan
gelding

It was a solid season that I mostly enjoyed, but the plot line in the last couple episodes with desperate Jimmy playing social-politics with the old ladies was really dopey, and left me with a bad taste.

And I'm not shedding any tears losing Chuck, as much I liked Michael McKeon in the role. It was time.

Last edited by FantasticDan; 06-20-2017 at 11:31 PM.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #131
MutuelClerk

If Chuck passes, Jimmy will remember his last words to him. Maybe that brings out Saul. I agree with CJ, pick up the pace.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #132
RunForTheRoses

I still like this show somewhat but it really has become a show about nothing. Rhea Seehorn was looking good this episode, that was a positive. The whole senior shenanigans, played up real cute with the mall walking and other stuff was a drag. All that time spent and then he reverses what he's done, I guess going back to good Jimmy, was a waste of time that whole thing.
Even the Nacho scene is being real dragged out, it is just a TV Show, why drag it out, have some action.
I thought Chuck was dead at the end, who knows, maybe they'll drag that out too.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #133
Valuist

I've been watching, but have to believe where they are now, after three seasons, they could've easily accomplished the same in two seasons.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #134
RunForTheRoses

After reading Reddit BCS I realize I missed so much. Telltale Heart and Ray Bradbury, I turned off before the suicide prevention notice, obviously Chuck is gone.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #135
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Mckeon deserves an Emmy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: