Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #316
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Right now we have an He said/she said situation, but the she said is far more compelling than the he said. Ford's accusation became public just recently, but she talked about this in therapy sessions with a therapist and her husband in 2012. That is documented in the therapist's notes.
She also told a friend about the incident a couple of years ago.
No benefit accrues to Professor Ford for coming forth with this. In fact she has set herself up for much heartache.

On the other side we have the he said. "I didn't do it. Not only did I not do it, I never thought about doing it." What happens if Kavanaugh does admit to what Ford is accusing him of? There goes his chance to be Supreme Court Justice. Chances are excellent he will be impeached from the appellate court.
He may even face criminal charges.

I think it is obvious who has the most incentive to lie here. That also goes for Mark Judge.
Yes a repressed memory... she claimed that something happened way back when... that there were four UNNAMED people in the room. Where was the room..? Can't say... when? Can't say. So could she may have had an incident at some point maybe. As a die hard lib and anti Trumper do I think she would twist things to help her side. HELL YES...

So four shift to two and one becomes Kavanaugh the other Judge whom she knows wrote a book about being a drunk.

This whole investigation off the 35 yr old vapor of a memory that the Dem's sat on for months is a sham... and a shame.

If she refuses to come in front of the Senate then so be it move ahead... course all the Dimocrats will be holding there jaws and saying we must delay and investigate stall more to find something. No doubt the Pussy-hats will be out in force ranting and raving.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #317
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Do you ever do anything besides repost someone else's tweets? Do you ever have a thought of your own?

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 11:49 PM   #318
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 11:53 PM   #319
davew

Quote:
Do you ever do anything besides repost someone else's tweets? Do you ever have a thought of your own?
wow, just wow

I agree, there needs to be a thorough FBI investigation because the 6 they did before did not uncover any of this. They could find the home, the pool, the sheets, the swimsuit .... run DNA analysis.

Hypnotherapy to see if any of those involved can remember any more details.

And they could investigate Feinstein to see why she sat on this so long.

Check all recorded phone calls, emails, texts, all money flow for last 35 years...

When investigation is over, the new president in 2023 could continue, or nominate another to the SCOTUS.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #320
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Grassley said that he will NOT move Monday's date.
Here is the deal, we need a touch of luck on this one. They are seething from being screwed out of Obama's nomination that did not occur. It does not matter that Brett Kavanaugh is the real deal, it is kill this nomination at all costs. I think whatever happens more Trump supporters who like keeping more of what they earned will turn out and destroy the left in November. This shenanigans with this nomination will only serve to make the fire burn that much hotter to fire up the right. Should Brett Kavanaugh be seated expeditiously it will seal doom in the minds of Chuck Schumer types and those under him will crumble like shoddy construction. We all will find out real soon, the display of fireworks will not supprise anyone.

Last edited by fast4522; 09-18-2018 at 11:55 PM.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 AM   #321
hcap

The FBI doing a background check for any Senate confirmation is standard procedure. The previous checks on Kavanaggh would not have included Ford's allegations since it was not alleged at the time the checks had been done. There is GIANT precedent for tie FBI doing this.

The Anita Hill allegations towards Clarence Thomas.

The problem for Trump and the rush to push this nomination thru before the midterms, is if they don't do it, Trump will look even more anti women than he does now.

Not great for November.

If they allow the FBI to act and then Ford testify, she will come out very sympathetic no matter the results of the FBI, and the repugs will lose their majority as some peel and "FLAKE" off.
My guess is either Collins or Murkowski or both will peel off too.

Conclusion, Brett should pull out now. Maybe find a seat next to
Merrick Garland. They are both judges on the same circuit..

Last edited by hcap; 09-19-2018 at 12:12 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 AM   #322
fast4522

Think about this, they are going all in. The allegations are bogus and if they were not he will be removed from the court.

fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #323
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The FBI doing a background check for any Senate confirmation is standard procedure. The previous checks on Kavanaggh would not have included Ford's allegations since it was not alleged at the time the checks had been done. There is GIANT precedent for tie FBI doing this.

The Anita Hill allegations towards Clarence Thomas.

The problem for Trump and the rush to push this nomination thru before the midterms, is if they don't do it, Trump will look even more anti women than he does now.

Not great for November.

If they allow the FBI to act and then Ford testify, she will come out very sympathetic no matter the results of the FBI, and the repugs will lose their majority as some peel and "FLAKE" off.
My guess is either Collins or Murkowski or both will peel off too.

Conclusion, Brett should pull out now. Maybe find a seat next to
Merrick Garland. They are both judges on the same circuit..
Blah, blah, blah....nonsense post. Since I know you like "rap" music so much Hcap, here's a little tune just for you:

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #324
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Think about this, they are going all in. The allegations are bogus and if they were not he will be removed from the court.
I doubt it. His seat on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals would only be denied in a criminal investigation. If a new backuround check was done, it would not be a criminal investigation.

However Supreme court justices need to be held to a higher standard.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:38 AM   #325
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Blah, blah, blah....nonsense post. Since I know you like "rap" music so much Hcap, here's a little tune just for you:
I am thinking he does not get confirmed. Probably not as accurate as your "Q" predictions, but we will probably find out within a month.

Faster than your nonsense "Q" prognostications.
Btw, this rap song is not as indecipherable as some of your stuff.

Me who? Please boo. Landin' in that G2 same color as beef stew, pure blue, hebrew - Camron

(Googled worse rap lyrics ever)
Old 09-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #326
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I am thinking he does not get confirmed. Probably not as accurate as your "Q" predictions, but we will probably find out within a month.

Faster than your nonsense "Q" prognostications.
Btw, this rap song is not as indecipherable as some of your stuff.

Me who? Please boo. Landin' in that G2 same color as beef stew, pure blue, hebrew - Camron

(Googled worse rap lyrics ever)

Glad you liked it, Pal.....Nice little throw-in of "Hebrew" in your rap lyrics, as you're always thinking of PA Mike....How thoughtful.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #327
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Glad you liked it, Pal.....Nice little throw-in of "Hebrew" in your rap lyrics, as you're always thinking of PA Mike....How thoughtful.
Just rap nonsense. "Hebrew" rhymed. Noting else
Old 09-19-2018, 01:16 AM   #328
Burls
Veteran

The real question to consider is which of these two scenarios is more believable:

1) A college professor lied to her therapist and husband six years in advance, just in case a person she disagreed with politically might have the good fortune to receive a Supreme Court nomination, so she could derail it, having no qualms whatsoever about making up a rape allegation against this innocent man.

OR

2) An alcohol-abusing jerk teenage boy helped his alcohol-abusing teenage friend molest a teenage girl in a swimsuit in a room at a house party where no parents were present.

Really - give your head a shake.

Since the allegations broke on Sunday, a letter of support has been signed by over 200 alumni from the Holton-Arms School in Bethesda, Maryland, the all-girls school attended by Christine Blasey Ford, at the time of the incident. The letter states that Ford’s allegation “is all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton. Many of us are survivors ourselves.”

I pity the teenage girls who have had to socialize with the egotistical, self-entitled, spoiled rotten, narcissistic teenage males that attend expensive, private prep schools like the one Brett Kavanaugh attended.

I have no doubt that the incident, as described by Ford, would hardly have been considered noteworthy in that context, and would certainly not have resulted in anything but the mildest admonition, if reported at the time.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 01:20 AM   #329
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I hope that's not true. ? woman doesn't remember when she was (almost) raped? I would think that that would stick in her mind. That would really make the democrats look like jack asses.
He's not being accused of rape
Old 09-19-2018, 01:21 AM   #330
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
What about this!!!!!

You do realize, when she says smaller than average, that her average isn't the ordinary woman's average...right?

And when she says huge mushroom head, boy, that MUST be impressive, coming from her...