Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #1441
traynor

I am endlessly amused by those who believe themselves to be practicing "self-control" (usually lip-service to a laundry list of stuff they would probably do or not do anyway) when they spend roughly a third of their lives in an "altered state of consciousness" during which they are led, pushed, threatened, cajoled, persuaded, seduced, and repelled by a series of emotions, situations, impulses, drives, and forces over which they have ZERO control--often to act out that which they "lack" or "repress" during their "waking life." "Dreams" as a compensatory mechanism should be viewed equally with activities in "waking life." If you wouldn't do it in your "normal, waking life" don't do it in your dreams.

"Forgetting" the "dreams" as a get-out-of-jail-free card to avoid the cognitive dissonance of "doing stuff one would never do" (while "awake") is unacceptable. So is pretending that exerting self-control in the "dream state" is "too difficult" or whatever other tacky little excuse is used to avoid such. Lots of people do it. For lots of people, it is as important that their behavior (and especially their responses) is/are as controlled and consistent in "dreaming" as in "waking life."
Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #1442
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Tell me...do you sometime get the feeling that YOU go on the "attack", as well...or do you feel that you are always the "attackee"?
I don't attack people. I reveal the utter lunacy to the black darkness of their ignorance. Take PA, for example. He constantly manifests a conspicuous absence of mental acuity in his posts that he addresses to me in the sense that he lacks forethought as to how his words can actually play to the strength of my hand. Haven't I so often said in the Religious thread, and now in this one, that man is broken and is utterly helpless and hopeless apart from God's saving power? Haven't I also said that Christ's salvation is total in every sense of this word, for He redeems men from the penalty, power and eventually the presence of sin? So, what does he do: He trots out the tired sexual repression argument as a legitimate reason for men and women, alike, to live sexually-uninhibited lives. Never once does he realize that implicit in that kind of lame argument is that man is helpless to control his sexual urges; therefore, man's only recourse is to sin in order to find release for those sexual urges anyway he can, lest he fall victim to even worse emotional-mental problems by afflicting others through additional illicit sexual activity such as child molestation, etc. But "impossible-to-control sexual desires" that scream out for release is but the tip of the iceberg we call human nature; for man cannot control any sinful desire in his own strength; therefore, completely unbeknownst to PA, he unwittingly finds himself agreeing with my major anthropological and top soteriological premise: The Helpless Condition of Fallen Mankind. Of course, our solutions differ greatly. His solution is that man must pile evil upon evil for the sake of man's emotional or mental stability, totally overlooking just how much emotional misery, pain, sorrow and suffering untold tens of millions upon tens of millions suffer every day due to their illicit sexual activities. My solution is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is a true and eternal remedy.

It saddens me to see, otherwise, sharp intelligent people flounder like dying fish out of water when it comes to spiritual/moral truth. Why a self-confessed irreligious person with "no answers" would want to venture into the realm of metaphysical and/or spiritual discussion in this kind of thread, pretending to know something, is beyond me. I have to think he has a death wish, wanting to get thoroughly trounced by me since I have to think in his heart of hearts, he knows he can't compete. He injects his nonsense and uninformed opinions into this thread just so he can stir the pot of dissension and have an excuse to insult me, thereby giving him a way to self-inflate his own ego. That's pretty pathetic. But hey...maybe that's his version of releasing uncontrollable urges that would otherwise devolve into sexual repression.

Last edited by boxcar; 05-09-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #1443
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You're a mental case, plain and simple.

I never said anything close to "people should live sexually uninhibited lives."

HOWEVER, that's YOUR definition (because you're a mental case), when a couple in love (which is ALL I HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT) decide to have sex outside of marriage. That couple is your very definition of UNINHIBITED WILD SEX LIVES. Not only are you a mental case, but you're a laugh riot to boot.

And keep telling me the masters of the Hebrew language know LESS about the meaning of the Hebrew words written in the OT than you do. Your delusions of grandeur are outstanding, sir. They've written about people like you in psychology textbooks. You would be an excellent case study.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-09-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #1444
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
There is a legitimate parallel! Both are sinful. But your leap off the cliff is
Quote:
due to your own madness.
This is better than TV.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (10).jpg (10.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Hank; 05-10-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #1445
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I don't attack people. I reveal the utter lunacy to the black darkness of their ignorance.
Jesus said: You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 AM   #1446
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Quote:
You're a mental case
, plain and simple.

HOWEVER, that's YOUR definition (because you're a mental case), when a couple in love (which is ALL I HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT) decide to have sex outside of marriage. That couple is your very definition of UNINHIBITED WILD SEX LIVES. Not only are you a mental case, but you're a laugh riot to boot.

And keep telling me the masters of the Hebrew language know LESS about the meaning of the Hebrew words written in the OT than you do. Your delusions of grandeur are outstanding, sir. They've written about people like you in psychology textbooks. You would be an excellent case study.
Voila'

"God complex"
A psychosis based in uncontrolled narcissism, inflated arrogance and a perceived need to subjugate and/or ridicule other individuals deemed to be inferior or unworthy."

Last edited by Hank; 05-10-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:01 AM   #1447
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Voila'

"God complex"
A psychosis based in uncontrolled narcissism, inflated arrogance and a perceived need to subjugate and/or ridicule other individuals deemed to be inferior or unworthy."
He can't help doing a whole lot of revealin'. Must be hard being so powerful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I don't attack people. I reveal the utter lunacy to the black darkness of their ignorance.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:12 AM   #1448
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Mercy and Punishment: The twin pillars of the psychosis of the Grandiose Oriental Despot, aka, GOD, and the mimicry of His ideals...
Old 05-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #1449
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Jesus said: You hypocrite! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
I almost said yesterday that it was getting close to the time to trot out the beam/speck quote.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #1450
boxcar

Quote:
You're a mental case, plain and simple.

Once you brought homosexuals into the conversation, you certainly implied that. And besides this, what are all the other unmarried people, who are not in love supposed to do: Suppress their sexual desires? It's healthy for them to do but not for extra-marital lovey-dovey lovers? Care to explain that? And what about married people who no longer love their spouses but now love someone else? This group, too, falls into your sacred category of "a couple in love". Surely, they should not deprive themselves and their new-found love partner the pleasures of sex, right?

And I'm not going to tell you anything more about your vaunted "masters of the Hebrew language" -- your thesis clearly implying that the work of many teams of highly educated, degreed language scholars, over the course of centuries, who have translated numerous bible versions into more languages than any other book in the world is all for naught because they don't have Jewish blood running through their veins and, therefore, can't possibly know anything about the ancient bible languages. Do you realize how utterly moronic this sounds? But this is clearly what you're implying.

What should I compare you to, Mr. No Answers: Are you not like a wild donkey in the desert sniffing at the wind in her craving and uncontrollable in her heat? This is you! You shamelessly write totally incoherent, absurd nonsense that wouldn't enter the mind of a sandbox dropout, let alone an intelligent adult, because you're craving to have a gotcha moment with me. You care not a whit about how much you embarrass yourself because you're constantly "in heat", having this uncontrollable urge to have an "orgasmic" gotcha moment with me.

And you see, we are very different: At least you find something in me to be a "laugh riot". But I can only find you to be a small-minded, duplicitous, ignorant, pitifully pathetic wretch filled with evil intent to make trouble for me in a thread in which you have no knowledge of its subject matter. Have you ever considered getting a life? Or even this: Stay in your irreligious universe and stay out of the religious one since you are not capable, Mr. No Answers, of contributing a scintilla of substance to it.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #1451
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I thought you said Jesus only taught ONE thing??? Now you're implying that he taught more than one thing? Try to keep your lies straight.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #1452
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Voila'

"God complex"
Yeah...well this little god is dying to know what PA's solution is for the repressed sexuality syndrome for the gazillions of other people in the world who are not in love but still have strong sexual urges and are hankerin' to have extra-marital sex.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #1453
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yeah...well this little god is dying to know what PA's solution is for the repressed sexuality syndrome for the gazillions of other people in the world who are not in love but still have strong sexual urges and are hankerin' to have extra-marital sex.
Masturbation. And not the mental kind that you love so much.

But I'm sure that's outlawed too in your version of the good book.

Trot out the "don't spill your seed" line...but that doesn't apply to women, now does it? And it's been negated by the "New Covenant" anyway, so it really doesn't matter anymore.

And no, you don't have to have "Jewish Blood running through your veins" to be a master of the Hebrew language...but I'm glad you threw another MEANINGLESS line at me. You're full of them.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #1454
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
He can't help doing a whole lot of revealin'. Must be hard being so powerful.
That was the only thing that stood out when I read it last night. He speaks in revelations.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 05-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #1455
boxcar

Quote:
Masturbation. And not the mental kind that you love so much.
Yeah, tell that to all the hot-blooded college kids who love to party hearty and have lots of fun. Only true lovers have those raging hormones, right? And what about all the homosexuals who want emotionally-detached, pleasure-filled sex? That's your solution for them, too? And why in the world would an irreligious practical atheist, like yourself, care what consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom in the first place? Don't tell us that you have one foot stuck in some previous puritanically-oriented century and another planted in this one!

Quote:
And no, you don't have to have "Jewish Blood running through your veins" to be a master of the Hebrew language...but I'm glad you threw another MEANINGLESS line at me. You're full of them.
So, then...when YOU appealed to a Jewish rabbi, well versed in Hebrew as the end-all and be-all authority of the Hebrew scriptures, that was also an equally MEANINGLESS thesis by you? I mean you did stress -- you went out of your way to emphasize -- that unless one is Jewish and preferably a learned rabbi and has a good working knowledge of the Hebrew language, you implied that all others types need not waste their time trying to translate and understand the Hebrew scriptures. I have about 15 versions of the scriptures -- all translated by different teams of language scholars. Are you now trying to backpedal to tell us that that those translations are just as valid as by any Jewish rabbi schooled in Hebrew?

Pull your duplicitous skirt down; for you have shamefully exposed yourself for what you really are!