Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

NHL 2014-15

I can't believe no one has started this yet this year. Do we not have Canadians on this board???? I mean what the hell is going on here???? I am a lowly Islanders fan yet cannot wait for the season to begin.

Seriously though I am excited for the season to start. My Isles are very young, though many of those young guys got some solid experience last year, and may actually have a goaltender or two this year. I know they can score but putting in 4 goals doesn't do much good when allowing 5. Got tickets for Islanders-Devils preseason at Barclays for tomorrow and then back to the dump known as the Nassau Veterans Memorial Collesium for one last year before settling at Barclays for the foreseeable future. Tavares and Okposo were both top 5 scorers before going out to injury last year so looking forward to some major fireworks. Real shot at getting back to the playoffs this year I think.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Greyfox

Good luck with your Islanders Al.

bodog.com has their odds of winning the Stanley Cup at 66-1.

http://sports.bodog.eu/sports-bettin...ey-futures.jsp
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Good luck with your Islanders Al.

bodog.com has their odds of winning the Stanley Cup at 66-1.

http://sports.bodog.eu/sports-bettin...ey-futures.jsp
Better than some, but I don't think they will win the thing this year, but i do think they get back to being competitive and think they can make the playoffs.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
I can't believe no one has started this yet this year. Do we not have Canadians on this board???? I mean what the hell is going on here???? I am a lowly Islanders fan yet cannot wait for the season to begin.

Seriously though I am excited for the season to start. My Isles are very young, though many of those young guys got some solid experience last year, and may actually have a goaltender or two this year. I know they can score but putting in 4 goals doesn't do much good when allowing 5. Got tickets for Islanders-Devils preseason at Barclays for tomorrow and then back to the dump known as the Nassau Veterans Memorial Collesium for one last year before settling at Barclays for the foreseeable future. Tavares and Okposo were both top 5 scorers before going out to injury last year so looking forward to some major fireworks. Real shot at getting back to the playoffs this year I think.
Not sure how good you guys are going to be, but i think the team is going to be at least exciting to watch. Have a great season!

Btw, why an Isles fan and not a Rangers fan? (no offense, just curious)
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Not sure how good you guys are going to be, but i think the team is going to be at least exciting to watch. Have a great season!

Btw, why an Isles fan and not a Rangers fan? (no offense, just curious)
Didn't have a team but was interested in the sport. Then a few years back they announced they were coming to Brooklyn. Had to represent.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Didn't have a team but was interested in the sport. Then a few years back they announced they were coming to Brooklyn. Had to represent.
Cool. Go get em this year.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #7
ldiatone

a team to watch are the pens. new coach, new gm, new system. Scuderi said his ankle injury hindered him when he got back. picked up some tough guys Downie being one of them. vegas has Crosby 7/4 for MVP this year.
but goal keeping has to be #1 and that rests on Fleury.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #8
biggestal99

Devils fan here.

Hurting cause no brodeur for the first time in 20 years.

Better offense this year?

Scoring always problems with jersey

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Devils fan here.

Allan
What about the theory that without Brodeur, the other goalies can really not have to worry looking over their shoulder and not worry about the distraction.

They may be better than you think.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #10
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Devils fan here.

Allan
They do have a Brodeur on the training camp roster playing goal. Unfortunately his name is Anthony.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Isles just got two quality defensemen. With improvements in goal and now this, this team just got a lot better. Will be very disappointed if they don't make playoffs this year.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #12
Fwizard

Quote:
Isles just got two quality defensemen. With improvements in goal and now this, this team just got a lot better. Will be very disappointed if they don't make playoffs this year.
I have been a fan of the ISLES since Mike Bossy was on the team ---it has been brutal missing the playoffs year in and year out (since almost every team in the NHL makes it). The preseason has looked good .....we can always hope.
Fwizard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
MutuelClerk

Finally hockey is BACK!!!! Hoping the Leafs make the playoffs with better third and fourth lines. Even if they make the playoffs I think there's a better than 50% chance Babcock is their coach next season ( I predicted this last season a red wing slappy strongly disagreed). Leafs need to bring the PK back to where it was two seasons ago. Prediction time....

1. Everyone seems to be picking Tampa in the East. I predict they will not be in the top 4 of Eastern Conference teams.

2. This is the Blackhawks last shot. I believe both Kane and Toews will earn over 10 million next season. That crushes a salary cap. Tip your taxi drivers.

3. Colorado will not make the playoffs. And will trade one of their forwards by the deadline.

4. Carolina will win the McDavid sweepstakes edging out the Sabres.

5. Valeri Nichushkin of the Dallas Stars will really come on this season. Dallas will really be improved.

6. Drew Doughty will finally win a Norris and his team will repeat as Stanley Cup Champions.

Looking forward to the season and the banter. Enjoy.

GO LEAFS GO!!!
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Finally hockey is BACK!!!! Hoping the Leafs make the playoffs with better third and fourth lines. Even if they make the playoffs I think there's a better than 50% chance Babcock is their coach next season ( I predicted this last season a red wing slappy strongly disagreed). Leafs need to bring the PK back to where it was two seasons ago. Prediction time....

1. Everyone seems to be picking Tampa in the East. I predict they will not be in the top 4 of Eastern Conference teams.

2. This is the Blackhawks last shot. I believe both Kane and Toews will earn over 10 million next season. That crushes a salary cap. Tip your taxi drivers.

3. Colorado will not make the playoffs. And will trade one of their forwards by the deadline.

5. Valeri Nichushkin of the Dallas Stars will really come on this season. Dallas will really be improved.

6. Drew Doughty will finally win a Norris and his team will repeat as Stanley Cup Champions.

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Its too hard to repeat, the Ducks are better this year than the Kings.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #15
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk

GO LEAFS GO!!!

MC, if you truly believe in the Leafs, the money is just waiting for you: Current future line on Leafs to win the 2015 Stanley Cup---> 50-1
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply