Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

PS. I love that there are still guys on here who think Dave is nothing but a marketing guy...even after I posted MULTIPLE 500+ race sessions that showed a FLAT BET WIN PROFIT using HSH.

I remember when everyone went GAGA over that guy years ago who showed a flat bet win profit over 500 races posted here on PA...I did it more than once using nothing but HSH and guys on here still think Dave is some sort of shyster.

Unreal.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-02-2019 at 03:37 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #77
lefty359

I know Dave, and besides being a genius, he's a real nice guy.
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #78
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dave is #1

Been a customer/friend of his since early 90s when I heard about him from Tom Brohamer and Dick Schmidt. Pretty good guys to have on your resume.

ALWAYS been a fair, reliable source to top notch racing information. I use his pars with grat results, as well other idea of his.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #79
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
PS. I love that there are still guys on here who think Dave is nothing but a marketing guy...even after I posted MULTIPLE 500+ race sessions that showed a FLAT BET WIN PROFIT using HSH.

I remember when everyone went GAGA over that guy years ago who showed a flat bet win profit over 500 races posted here on PA...I did it more than once using nothing but HSH and guys on here still think Dave is some sort of shyster.

Unreal.
A couple of years ago, Dave Schwartz contacted me by private message...and expressed some concerns to me that led to a phone conversation between the two of us. During that phone conversation...Dave informed me that more than a few posters here had contacted him, and told him that they were reluctant to post on this board because I was "bullying" all the thoughtful posters here. "Look up any thread here that draws any interest, and you'll find yourself right in the middle of it, bullying everybody. And the more knowledgeable the posters are...the more you bully them!"...Dave Schwartz told me. This upset me, because I never thought of myself as a "bully" here...and I reached out to you and asked you if any posters had complained to YOU about my "bullying" here...since common sense told me that if anyone had any complaints about me here, they would have voiced those complaints to YOU before they reached out to Dave. Surprisingly...you told me that no-one here had ever complained to you about me.

I honestly don't know what Dave has against me...but it isn't my nature to allow anyone here to drive me off this board by using bullshit lies. My comment to ReplayRandall in this thread was meant as a good-natured joke...and I don't feel it deserved the mean-spirited reply that Dave gave me. However...if Dave was right with his comment, and I truly have never contributed anything of value to our conversations here...then I again apologize for wasting everybody's reading time....and I promise to try to be more productive here in the future.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-02-2019 at 05:56 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 06:45 PM   #80
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Gus,

Over the years, there have been many times when you and I have posted differing opinions about handicapping and betting in the same thread.

Some of the time, something you posted would turn out to be a 180 degree departure from whatever I had posted.

Not once -- repeat -- never once did I ever see your differing opinion as anything close to bullying.

But rather, over the years, I've learned to take your posts as perspective based on the first hand experiences of a fellow respected player.

-jp

Old 10-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #81
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I've been ranting about this for a long time - the idea that the true SECRET to winning is to pick good losers among the low-odds horses. Just imagine what happens if you are consistently able to say, "THIS HORSE is likely to lose 50 cents on the dollar, "and the horse has (say) 40% or 50% of the pool.

That's fine. No issue with that .

Are you saying you have a systematic, no judgement way to divine short odds horses over a decent sample, that return only 50c on the dollar ?

If you have to add some magic sauce to it, then its not automatic, just saying.

I'm not aware of any mechanical method that can do this.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #82
Cutter14

Dave is The Man

I have dealt with Dave for several years and find him to be one of the nicest gentleman and smartest(horse racing wise). On many occasions he has gone out of his way to help me (FREE OF CHARGE).He is one of the good guys..I only play once a week so I don't bet as much or as often as I used to as other circumstances have my life headed in other directions...We have some great people with great minds(Jeff Platt//Ted Craven) who have put out wonderful products..None of these are black boxes but in my opinion their programs help to set you in the right direction....No disrespect but Daves HSH worked best for me...P.S I didn't know Dave had any 4 letter words in his vocabulary...Be well
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #83
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A couple of years ago, Dave Schwartz contacted me by private message...and expressed some concerns to me that led to a phone conversation between the two of us. During that phone conversation...Dave informed me that more than a few posters here had contacted him, and told him that they were reluctant to post on this board because I was "bullying" all the thoughtful posters here. "Look up any thread here that draws any interest, and you'll find yourself right in the middle of it, bullying everybody. And the more knowledgeable the posters are...the more you bully them!"...Dave Schwartz told me. This upset me, because I never thought of myself as a "bully" here...and I reached out to you and asked you if any posters had complained to YOU about my "bullying" here...since common sense told me that if anyone had any complaints about me here, they would have voiced those complaints to YOU before they reached out to Dave. Surprisingly...you told me that no-one here had ever complained to you about me.

I honestly don't know what Dave has against me...but it isn't my nature to allow anyone here to drive me off this board by using bullshit lies. My comment to ReplayRandall in this thread was meant as a good-natured joke...and I don't feel it deserved the mean-spirited reply that Dave gave me. However...if Dave was right with his comment, and I truly have never contributed anything of value to our conversations here...then I again apologize for wasting everybody's reading time....and I promise to try to be more productive here in the future.
I'm not good at off color remarks, so please forgive me for errors.

I read your post as a light hearted jab.
How anybody viewed your post as anything else is a mystery to me.
Dave Schwartz like Mike Lindell are great marketers, mostly because they both have great products to sell.

When posting here on PA you never know when you will get an angry response like, "You can go **** yourself."

Here's what I do. I **** myself before each post so that if somebody tells me "You can go **** yourself",
I can reply "Already done".

You post a lot more than I do, so doing as I do might be difficult for you, but there are some concoctions that you can take that might help.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:17 PM   #84
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
That's fine. No issue with that .

Are you saying you have a systematic, no judgement way to divine short odds horses over a decent sample, that return only 50c on the dollar ?

If you have to add some magic sauce to it, then its not automatic, just saying.

I'm not aware of any mechanical method that can do this.
That is exactly what I am saying.

It is a process and it works.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #85
timtam

I've been reading the posts on this board for many years and frankly some of

the posts are very interesting while others are not my cup of tea. That being

said I learn a lot from various posters and hope no one leaves because of any

minor difference. The players in this 'game' are aging and I would hope we

could get younger players etc. I just hope no one leaves because even though

some of the posts are ' way over my head' in some categories I do enjoy them

and hope they continue
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #86
oughtoh

Dave has always been nice to me and have never bullied or pushed his products on me. I respect the guy and everything he does.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #87
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Maybe Dave got confused...he's getting up there.

Maybe someone called him and told him *I* was bullying posters on here and made others reluctant to post...after all, I get told that A LOT!

I don't know the deep dark history between you and Dave, but there must be a lot there for Dave to post that. He's the last person I would ever think to tell someone on here to go **** themselves...that's my job.

Maybe **** isn't what we think it means?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:45 PM   #88
castaway01

Maybe being accused, even in a joke, of being a pushy marketer is not something Dave likes? I wouldn't either if it hurts his business, or he thinks it does. Obviously both posters have a lot to offer. Dave has always been a nice guy over the years and has contributed a lot of great information for free on here. He seems more of a positive thinker while Thask is a natural cynic (which I can certainly relate to). That could be the clash of viewpoints.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #89
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Maybe Dave got confused...he's getting up there.

Maybe someone called him and told him *I* was bullying posters on here and made others reluctant to post...after all, I get told that A LOT!

I don't know the deep dark history between you and Dave, but there must be a lot there for Dave to post that. He's the last person I would ever think to tell someone on here to go **** themselves...that's my job.

Maybe **** isn't what we think it means?
To tell you the truth...it didn't bother me that he told me to go **** myself. What bothered me was when he said that I "always ask for proof of everybody else, and yet never offer anything of value to anyone". The only "proof" that I've ever asked for here is when a poster explains an intricate handicapping technique while using races that have already been run. That's when I point out that it's more instructive to use LIVE races when explaining our handicapping theories. It's only happened 3 or 4 times...not the "always and of everybody" that the esteemed Mr. Schwartz has suggested. I have handicapped several live races here when asked...and if anyone asks me again, I will gladly handicap more live races in the future...all in the spirit of contributing to our interesting handicapping conversations here.

If in the future Dave feels the need to accuse some poster here of failing to contribute "anything of value" to this site, then it would behoove him to target his biting criticism at someone other than me.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #90
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
Maybe being accused, even in a joke, of being a pushy marketer is not something Dave likes? I wouldn't either if it hurts his business, or he thinks it does. Obviously both posters have a lot to offer. Dave has always been a nice guy over the years and has contributed a lot of great information for free on here. He seems more of a positive thinker while Thask is a natural cynic (which I can certainly relate to). That could be the clash of viewpoints.
ReplayRandall kidded him more than I did about that in this thread...but Dave reserved his anger for me alone. This leads me to believe that the hard feelings between us stretch further back than this incident. But, hey...as you say, certain personalities clash at times...but it's nothing serious. ALL our problems should be as minor as this.