Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Off-Site Handicapping Contests

Old 02-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #31
Red Knave
dGnr8

Another X today and I had the feeling that horse would be first or last. Naturally it fooled me and finished midpack as 3rd or 4th choice. I looked so hard for a price I made up a story for it that I made myself believe.
Anyway, right now I'm on the #3 Dont Charge It in the 3rd tomorrow. That's what my software says. If I had followed the software today I would have been on the 13-1 place horse.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #32
Big Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knave View Post
Another X today and I had the feeling that horse would be first or last. Naturally it fooled me and finished midpack as 3rd or 4th choice. I looked so hard for a price I made up a story for it that I made myself believe.
Anyway, right now I'm on the #3 Dont Charge It in the 3rd tomorrow. That's what my software says. If I had followed the software today I would have been on the 13-1 place horse.
I ended up on the big fave in the 2nd race. No access to post parades until Saturday due to work situation. Hindsight being what it is, the 1 in the first leg yesterday was the smart play. Trainer, 2nd start, msw to claimer. No clue what to play today.
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #33
Immanuel Kant

Good Luck to the two of you going forward!

I'm out!

How can the small player compete against whales, bots and rebates? Fixed Odds!
Immanuel Kant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #34
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Kant View Post
Good Luck to the two of you going forward!
I'm out!
Bummer.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #35
Red Knave
dGnr8

Another miss yesterday (although 4th). Today I really don't like the 2nd of the 2 races and the 1st just got more complicated with the scratches of my top 2 choices. I'm still undecided but I may take a swing with the 1.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #36
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
I'm still undecided but I may take a swing with the 1.
Well that was interesting, now the 1 is scratched.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #37
Red Knave
dGnr8

I got the very best result possible today, #5 High Cotton in the 2nd contest race. I bet I jump to 180th!

Old 02-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #38
Big Russ

Quote:
I got the very best result possible today, #5 High Cotton in the 2nd contest race. I bet I jump to 180th!

Good job! I ran out.
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #39
Red Knave
dGnr8

Coming 4th with a 10-1 shot is bad enough but with the 6-5 favorite? Blah.

Looking for a price tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:32 PM   #40
Red Knave
dGnr8

I'm on #3 in the contest 2nd, Jonimarie. Is Gallardo due for another win?

Old 02-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #41
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
I'm on #3 in the contest 2nd, Jonimarie. Is Gallardo due for another win?
The simple answer is No.
My alternate pick yesterday and today both won. Hmmm.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #42
Red Knave
dGnr8

Another swing and a miss Wed. The even money fav moved to 6-5 as the gates opened ... I knew I was in trouble.
That was my last lifeline too so I'm on my honor until Mar 9 (or sooner ) when 2 more lifelines can be purchased (if I'm still alive I'll have to think it over) so I'm basically swinging free until I get bumped. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #43
Red Knave
dGnr8

Dodged another bullet with a solid 3rd at, I think, 5-1. $2.80, woo hoo!! Again, my alternate won (at $23).

Saturdays 2 races are 2 of the most difficult I can remember so far (like I have found any of them easy ). Keeping fingers crossed there will be some scratches to make one of them playable.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #44
Red Knave
dGnr8

Well, another 3rd at 3-1 for a $2.40 payoff. Still alive and kickin'.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #45
Red Knave
dGnr8

2 Mdn grass miles today and neither one is appetizing. I looked long and hard at the 2nd of the 2 (R7) but the likely fav is a difficult to control quitter that is easily fastest but ...
I went, instead, for a 'connections' play int the 1st contest race (R2). #3 Mandel with Centeno/Delacour, the only horse to work in 1:02 or faster. It didn't translate to a good race last time but dropping 2 classes and 2nd ML choice, I'm sucking along.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: