Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #61
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks a million to all of you for your kind words and well wishes. I truly appreciate it.

I met with my Dr. today. He doubled some of my medications and will do a blood test in 10 days. Then about 7 days after that I will undergo an echo cardiogram to see what things look like. There's some fear that my mechanical Aorta valve maybe breaking down or that I'm going back into heart failure.

I can't drag an empty plastic garbage can on wheels more than 75 feet without having to lay down and try and catch my breath and rest a bit. Went out the other night to bring in the 4 empty trash bins from the curb about 50-70 feet and it took me a half hour to get it done. So something isn't right I know that.

I live to do the horses and so programming is just going to have to get done...just maybe be slower than usual. By the way, Doug has always said that he wanted the program to be open source and I'm on board with that totally. So my liberty basic code is available to anyone who would like to have it!

Thanks again my friends,
Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #62
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Really hoping you get well!!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 AM   #63
dirt

Handi,
Hope you get well soon .
dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #64
csmith

Handi,

I know what you are going through. Just take it easy and think positive thoughts

Get well soon
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #65
Nets

Handi,

I am familiar with congestive heart failure (my dad). It is good that you are staying on top of it. Like the many other posters I am praying for you and wish you the very best. Your efforts with Doug are amazing to watch and we all hope to watch it for a long time to come. God Bless.

Gary
Nets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #66
Roger
Veteran

Doug,
I have been away for a few days and getting familiar with the new version.
I am assuming that the configuration utility is no longer valid? Columns don't coincide with the columns in the program...Did I miss something along the way?
Roger,
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #67
douglasw32
douglasw32

Hi Roger,

Sorry for the confusion, most of this is confusing.

The config file just did not work well, I was losing money and it "just works" when left well enough alone.

I did learn a ton trying it and he results are what is now seen in the new program in the post HANDIFAST BETA2.

Again the summary will not match what comes out in the sortable are, I think the summary drastically out performs my original work.

I am hopeful that the two may someday coincide now that I am satisfied with the summary.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #68
Handiman
BarelyWinning

It's amazing how we can be so in control of our lives and our destiny's one day, and then all of a sudden find out we are nothing more that a minute spec in this great universe.

But because of all of you and your well wishes, my spec is a bit larger than it used to be, and for that I truly thank you. I can't tell you how much it means to hear from members here offering up condolences and prayers and well wishes. I do not...I do not take them lightly!

I am very blessed with my family and a great group of friends here residing on this board. I only wish I could offer more.

Thanks again to all of you!

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply