Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #16
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland
Excuse me while I puke my guts out, this joker cost me the Pk6 on a $12 ticket blowing the last at Los Al on Sat, terrible, terrible ride looking back waiting on competition in a 4 horse race, instead of pushing a cheap horse to an open lead, I realize everyone makes mistakes just too soon to see that name as a guy that deserves more mounts lol
The stretch is 4 million feet, all the jocks hand ride that lane, he didnt' do much different than anyone else would have done, these are very cheap horses, you can't push the button too soon.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The stretch is 4 million feet, all the jocks hand ride that lane, he didnt' do much different than anyone else would have done, these are very cheap horses, you can't push the button too soon.
So you give up your 4 length lead to let another horse draw even with you before you begin to ask your horse? Rather take a shot and push it too soon than not push it at all. A cheap horse will quit chasing if it cant get close, but let em get half a chance and they'll surprise you with the fight they have, he lost by 1/2 inch not 2 lengths in that case i'm going to blame the jock 99.9% of the time if they acted like it was a given turning for home

Last edited by moneyandland; 07-15-2014 at 09:40 PM.
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #18
affirmedny

[QUOTE=Nosed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
That's not Fabio Arguello, Jr is it, Nosed? I thought he was done a long time ago...

Yep, that's him... pretty sure he's still riding in Kentucky circuit.
Riding at Louisiana Downs, but currently injured
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #19
sandpit

Geroux was on fire on Arlington Million Preview day; he won all three stakes he rode in against some of the heavy-hitters who were in town. Always nice to see a home-track jock hold his own.

I haven't talked to Fabio in years, but he was always super-nice when I was around him. Won the KY Oaks in the early 90s. I know he took a long time off when his father, who also rode, passed away.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

The answer to this post is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY simple.

Every single jockey in north America deserves less mounts as they all have huge and apparent shortcomings.

There is only one jockey who deserves more mounts..... but unfortunately due to an early retirement can not ride any more....

RAMON DOMINGUEZ PERIOD
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #21
plainolebill

Quote:
Excuse me while I puke my guts out, this joker cost me the Pk6 on a $12 ticket blowing the last at Los Al on Sat, terrible, terrible ride looking back waiting on competition in a 4 horse race, instead of pushing a cheap horse to an open lead, I realize everyone makes mistakes just too soon to see that name as a guy that deserves more mounts lol
You do know Pereira won the Dubai World Cup?
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #22
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
You do know Pereira won the Dubai World Cup?
Yeah and Bill Turner won the triple crown and Stewart Elliott won the KY Derby, a good horse can turn a chump into a champ, were talking about jockeys that can do the opposite...
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #23
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit

I haven't talked to Fabio in years, but he was always super-nice when I was around him. Won the KY Oaks in the early 90s. I know he took a long time off when his father, who also rode, passed away.

He was one of my favorite jocks on the local circuit here, I just wasn't aware where he'd moved his tack.

Didn't know of his father's passing, sandpit. I remember out at Keeneland years ago, both Arguellos rode against each other in the same race.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #24
affirmedny

Quote:
Yeah and Bill Turner won the triple crown and Stewart Elliott won the KY Derby, a good horse can turn a chump into a champ, were talking about jockeys that can do the opposite...
Mr. Elliot evidently is one of the few jockeys who's recognized the speed bias at Del Mar today.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #25
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Ramon Ramon Ramon Ramon.... the only one in the last ten years who could elevate a horse.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Mr. Elliot evidently is one of the few jockeys who's recognized the speed bias at Del Mar today.
Maybe true but a broken clock is right twice a day. The jockey's today don't know their ass from their elbow. They are legally brain dead.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #27
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Maybe true but a broken clock is right twice a day. The jockey's today don't know their ass from their elbow. They are legally brain dead.
This clock has been right over 4600 times......
Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

Good post, i agree, most jocks just hop aboard and go where the wind blows them.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #29
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Ramon Dominguez deserves more mounts
Old 07-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #30
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
This clock has been right over 4600 times......
Longevity and many mounts. That's how that clock told the correct time 4600 times.

Ramon rides Smarty in the Belmont, he wins wrapped up by 7.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: