Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-22-2023, 07:10 AM   #1
Saratoga

Almost Impossible....

How can a pro sports team lose 25 games...IN A ROW????

Detroit Pistons can.....
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
CheckMark

They really only have like 3-4 good players on that team.

Cade Cunningham
Jaden Ivey
Borjan Bogdanovic
Isaiah Stewart

The rest are trash. According to the team ratings I have, their overall rating is 60 (D-), which is the worst in the league, and the rest of the ratings are not any better.

Offense 64 (D) 27th
Defense 68 (D+) 24th
Power 61 (D-) 29th
SOS 73 (C-) 20th
SOSF 90 (B+) 8th

Let's see how they continue to do. I don't think it will get any better from here unless they make a few trades at the Trade Deadline, which I believe is February 8th.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:53 AM   #3
Half Smoke

Draft Kings is offering a bet that they won't win a game for the rest of the season

the linked article was published on 12/20 and at that time a win on that bet - meaning 79 more losses in a row would pay 100,000 to one

there are many more bets that you can as to when they will win their next game

some of them look like very good bets

DraftKings should have it updated

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/bett...1ea2629d377c41

Old 12-22-2023, 01:03 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

The record for losing streak during a season is 26 and all time streak as part of two seasons is 28. They are my favorite team, they just got done giving
the Utah Jazz their second road win of the year. Without looking it up they have to have the fewest wins of any NBA team in the last 10 years or close to it, they must have some terrible front office people and scouts on a constant basis. I actually am rooting for losses now, maybe the embarrassment of being the worst team ever will get the owner to fix the mess. He has owned the team for 12 years. Under Tom Gores ownership they have had one winning season at 44-38, and this will be the 4th where they won 20 games or less, mind you 2 of those were shortened. The last 5 seasons including this one they are 92-248, a whopping 27% wins.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2023, 03:32 PM   #5
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

A crazy thing too is that they were 2-1 after 3 games. I watched a bit of each of those games and was somewhat excited about their prospects as they did not look too bad. That sentiment did quickly fade away though.

Their young center Jalen Duren played great in those games, but got hurt and has only played 14 games this year, so not sure if he is still 100 percent or not?
There have been other injuries too, but they are also really just lacking in talent.

I still watch some of their games when out at a pub around here, but mainly to unfortunately see how bad they are getting beat and if they can keep their streak alive...
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2023, 10:47 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Now up to 27 straight setting the all time NBA in season losing streak. Next game at Boston should tie the all time NBA losing streak. Then a home against Toronto to break the longest losing streak ever.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:56 AM   #7
Saratoga

NBA is notorious for tanking games for #1 pick...

But this is ridiculous!!!

This is the only way because knowing how bad 2 wins are...there's teams with only 4
Old 12-28-2023, 04:04 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
NBA is notorious for tanking games for #1 pick...

But this is ridiculous!!!

This is the only way because knowing how bad 2 wins are...there's teams with only 4

Looking to tie the all time losing streak tonight at 28 games as a 17.5 point dog to Boston. Tanking does not always lead to a great pick with the lotto system. In the last 4 years, only once did Detroit draft higher than their record was low. They got guard Cade Cunningham whose talent has been wasted, with the #1 overall pick when they were the second worse team 3 years ago.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:36 PM   #9
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Looking to tie the all time losing streak tonight at 28 games as a 17.5 point dog to Boston. Tanking does not always lead to a great pick with the lotto system. In the last 4 years, only once did Detroit draft higher than their record was low. They got guard Cade Cunningham whose talent has been wasted, with the #1 overall pick when they were the second worse team 3 years ago.
I believe the worse record doesn't go lower than 3rd pick....
Old 12-29-2023, 12:30 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
I believe the worse record doesn't go lower than 3rd pick....

Detroit picked 5th last draft after having the worst record at 17-65 last season. It doesn't appear they traded anyone. I will go look that up. Could be a rule change.

It won't let me paste from NBA.Com, the worst team since 2019 picks no worse than 5th. The first 4 picks are lotto then pick 5 on goes by inverse order of record. Previously to that it said the worse team picked no worse than 4th.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 12-29-2023 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:43 PM   #11
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Detroit picked 5th last draft after having the worst record at 17-65 last season. It doesn't appear they traded anyone. I will go look that up. Could be a rule change.

It won't let me paste from NBA.Com, the worst team since 2019 picks no worse than 5th. The first 4 picks are lotto then pick 5 on goes by inverse order of record. Previously to that it said the worse team picked no worse than 4th.