Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-24-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

NFL on Apple TV

So I have Dishnet for watching every day stuff (easier for the wife)

Well CBS has removed their programs from Dish, due to a contract dispute. So I’m watching CBS shows on Apple TV via the Paramount App (apparently paramount owns CBS)

I went over to the app to check in on the Texans game (first time for trying to watch NFL on Apple TV) and was also offered the Chiefs game with the Titans.

I am stunned at how good it looks. I believe it is in HDR color which is just incredible.

If you have an Apple TV try it out………

Btw, Dishnet is going away soon.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
So I have Dishnet for watching every day stuff (easier for the wife)

Well CBS has removed their programs from Dish, due to a contract dispute. So I’m watching CBS shows on Apple TV via the Paramount App (apparently paramount owns CBS)

I went over to the app to check in on the Texans game (first time for trying to watch NFL on Apple TV) and was also offered the Chiefs game with the Titans.

I am stunned at how good it looks. I believe it is in HDR color which is just incredible.

If you have an Apple TV try it out………

Btw, Dishnet is going away soon.
Good to hear that someone else likes Apple TV too!

And when will Dish/Dishnet end? Isn't all the horse racing channels on Dish? I always thought that RTN was on there but probably wrong
Old 10-24-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Good to hear that someone else likes Apple TV too!

And when will Dish/Dishnet end? Isn't all the horse racing channels on Dish? I always thought that RTN was on there but probably wrong
We had Dish for RTN for years. Wonderful system but since we only had it for racing, it was just too expensive. (Our cost - including the hardware to run 6 TVs at once - was $145 per month.)

Now, I get RTN via the web for about $15-$20 per month. Only 3 tracks at a time, but at 1/10th the cost, I will live with it.

Hmm... I wonder if I can run RTN across multiple PCs at the same time.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The 4k on Youtube TV for sports is an incredible picture as well. There isn't a ton of it yet but it is striking how much better it is when you flip to the regular version.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
We had Dish for RTN for years. Wonderful system but since we only had it for racing, it was just too expensive. (Our cost - including the hardware to run 6 TVs at once - was $145 per month.)

Now, I get RTN via the web for about $15-$20 per month. Only 3 tracks at a time, but at 1/10th the cost, I will live with it.

Hmm... I wonder if I can run RTN across multiple PCs at the same time.
I've never had a problem running on multiple PCs, at least from the same IP address (my house). Never tried anywhere else.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The 4k on Youtube TV for sports is an incredible picture as well. There isn't a ton of it yet but it is striking how much better it is when you flip to the regular version.

Yes I find that some racetracks (and other streams) that are mostly HD without interruption and that feels great for everyone

When I watch my local track Grand River Raceway on TV it's not too bad but when you watch their stream on YouTube it's very clear!
Old 10-27-2021, 12:24 AM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post

Yes I find that some racetracks (and other streams) that are mostly HD without interruption and that feels great for everyone

When I watch my local track Grand River Raceway on TV it's not too bad but when you watch their stream on YouTube it's very clear!
This is totally different that what I was talking about. YoutubeTV (not Youtube) offers some live sports in 4k (UHD) but you can also watch in regular HD. The comparison between the two is stark. They charge a premium for this.

I don't know any racetracks broadcasting in UHD yet.