Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #16
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
MPH the program is available at Trackmaster, web version.
Still works today. I still use my original DOS version with the BRIS download.
I guess that MPH is not a free BRIS download. I don't see it.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:04 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Remington is my home track, been having a good meet there. I don't do anything different than anywhere else, just TimeformUS PPs and know the trainers. There have been some crazy bombs lately but that isn't a big surprise here.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2021, 06:58 PM   #18
thaskalos

I used to think that Oaklawn Park was my least desirable track to bet at...but that was before I encountered Remington Park. I now keep a thick rubber band wrapped around my wrist...and I snap it forcefully (and painfully) upon my wrist whenever I entertain the thought of venturing even a token wager there.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #19
Maximillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I used to think that Oaklawn Park was my least desirable track to bet at...but that was before I encountered Remington Park. I now keep a thick rubber band wrapped around my wrist...and I snap it forcefully (and painfully) upon my wrist whenever I entertain the thought of venturing even a token wager there.
I think good cases can be made for a lot of longer odds horses at both of those tracks....but i like RP much more because if im right I have a decent chance to cash.

OP races are often too tough for me.....im trying to make money,not be a genius.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2021, 12:50 AM   #20
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post
I think good cases can be made for a lot of longer odds horses at both of those tracks....but i like RP much more because if im right I have a decent chance to cash.

OP races are often too tough for me.....im trying to make money,not be a genius.
I told myself I wasnt going to bet RP tonight but my self control was flushed down the toilet along with about 300 bucks. I have to agree that it just seems impossible to make a case for a lot of this prices that come in. Had four horses in my last leg of early pick 5. They let the horse go and no one seemed to press him. Sure I know he has early speed but still. Asmussen/ Elliot combo has not been kind to me and then Pish fires in with a nice 9-1 that showed on paper.

RP is enticing bc of the big payouts. I mean someone got lucky and had that super for 13k in race 5 right? Was it anyone here.
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2021, 01:43 AM   #21
FRMNBRI

Ranchwest- Come Wednesday if you would, find me a few prices in some races at RP. I just wanna see if I can pick them out by studying the one race and just focus on a single race. I want to take some guesses then I will let you know what I came up with.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:05 PM   #22
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Remington is my home track, been having a good meet there. I don't do anything different than anywhere else, just TimeformUS PPs and know the trainers. There have been some crazy bombs lately but that isn't a big surprise here.
Ok so what is the deal with Carlos Montalva and the connections he is riding for. Hitting at over a 30% clip. I know he has some winners in the past at GP and GPW but if its the same jock he must have moved hs take to RP. Those winners make no sense to me but again maybe I am missing something. When a trainer or jock gets that hot I start to wonder. Thoughts anyone????
Old 10-29-2021, 09:38 PM   #23
sharkey11

good jock been around for long time i remember him from the Chicago circuit as far as winners go id take a look at class @ that track very important at mid to lower level tracks some good prices too best of luck
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2021, 10:12 PM   #24
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
good jock been around for long time i remember him from the Chicago circuit as far as winners go id take a look at class @ that track very important at mid to lower level tracks some good prices too best of luck
Thanks Sharkey- If going 4/5 at RP was a winner that I would be absolutely killing it. I do struggle with understanding some of the class levels at RP based on the pervious races the horses have run in.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:24 PM   #25
sharkey11

try looking at the purse values they might be a better clue to what trainers are doing best of luck sir
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply