Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #1
FRMNBRI

Handicapping Remington Park???

Hey Fellas-

How many of you guys play Remington Park? Its a very tough track for me to undertand if I go by PP,s and the DRF. Some of the races I feel are very similiar to Gulfstream Park when you scatch your head after a 45-1 wins that has been 80-1 last time out in the same conditions and beat a total of total of 25 lengths since in its last 5 starts. Not to mention a trainer like Hector Echeverria that is hitting at a .3% clip with 88 starts. Anyways does anyone else like to handicap and play this track or is one of those on the list that most true players pass on?

For the ones that do play it, what are some angles to look at and consider? I know Asmussen has a decent string of horses there along with Pish and Kroberg. There just are usually some big prices that make no sense so just looking for some advice. Hope everyone is staying safe and cashing tickets.
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2021, 09:53 PM   #2
CheckMark

I have been back and forth with this racetrack and I have to say this track offers a lot of value and what I mean by that is that the favourites don't win that often (that I have seen) and usually you will see better prices win more times than not!

I would have to say that this track favors front runners (usually E or E/P) and the best posts are 1 through 6 with a lot of days seeing posts 1-3 winning or 1-6 winning all the races but definitely consider the front running horses and specific running styles in all Dirt or Turf races!

Look for the following connections
Jockeys: David Cabrera or Richard Eramia as they win the most races
Trainers: Steve Asmussen or Carl Broberg or C R Trout to send out top horses
Owners: Danny Caldwell or C R Trout or Danny R Caldwell

Hope this helps
Old 10-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #3
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I have been back and forth with this racetrack and I have to say this track offers a lot of value and what I mean by that is that the favourites don't win that often (that I have seen) and usually you will see better prices win more times than not!

I would have to say that this track favors front runners (usually E or E/P) and the best posts are 1 through 6 with a lot of days seeing posts 1-3 winning or 1-6 winning all the races but definitely consider the front running horses and specific running styles in all Dirt or Turf races!

Look for the following connections
Jockeys: David Cabrera or Richard Eramia as they win the most races
Trainers: Steve Asmussen or Carl Broberg or C R Trout to send out top horses
Owners: Danny Caldwell or C R Trout or Danny R Caldwell

Hope this helps
Thank you for taking the time CheckMark to reply back. Great info and yes that helps alot. Its kinda like my new vice to try and figure this track out. Your are 100 percent right on value. If your able to break down the race and find some decent prices the payouts are huge. Last night it was off the charts. 4/5 was over 9k. I spent alot of time handicapping the early pick 5 tonight but the 2nd leg got me lol.... Couldn't pull the trigger on that one.

Asmussen has some horses there that they paid lots of money for but I feel he knows they are not going to cut it at Keenland, Churchill etc.. so he runs them at Remington.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:13 PM   #4
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Hey Fellas-

How many of you guys play Remington Park? Its a very tough track for me to undertand if I go by PP,s and the DRF. Some of the races I feel are very similiar to Gulfstream Park when you scatch your head after a 45-1 wins that has been 80-1 last time out in the same conditions and beat a total of total of 25 lengths since in its last 5 starts. Not to mention a trainer like Hector Echeverria that is hitting at a .3% clip with 88 starts. Anyways does anyone else like to handicap and play this track or is one of those on the list that most true players pass on?

For the ones that do play it, what are some angles to look at and consider? I know Asmussen has a decent string of horses there along with Pish and Kroberg. There just are usually some big prices that make no sense so just looking for some advice. Hope everyone is staying safe and cashing tickets.
Are you referring to #8 in R2 tonight? My pace line selection was line 4 and by my numbers that gave the horse the best Total Energy in the race.

I didn't bet on RP today.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:28 PM   #5
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Are you referring to #8 in R2 tonight? My pace line selection was line 4 and by my numbers that gave the horse the best Total Energy in the race.

I didn't bet on RP today.
Yes I am referring to the 8 horse. I dont have access to those extra tools you mentioned. I just was using the basic PP's in the DRF. What exactly is pace line selction and Total Energy? Too bad you didnt play that horse, I think he drifted up to 40-1. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #6
ranchwest

Quote:
Yes I am referring to the 8 horse. I dont have access to those extra tools you mentioned. I just was using the basic PP's in the DRF. What exactly is pace line selction and Total Energy? Too bad you didnt play that horse, I think he drifted up to 40-1. Thanks for the reply.
It's pace handicapping.

The pace line is the race that you select as being what you want to use considering today's race situation. Normally, the pace line should be a similar surface, distance, etc.

Pace handicapping divides the race into three sections and calculates figures for each section. Total Energy is one of many calculations that can be derived from the figures for the three sections.

I'm not saying pace handicapping is perfect. I am just pointing out that there were ways to find that winner. It wasn't a total fluke that that horse won.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:55 PM   #7
FRMNBRI

Quote:
It's pace handicapping.

The pace line is the race that you select as being what you want to use considering today's race situation. Normally, the pace line should be a similar surface, distance, etc.

Pace handicapping divides the race into three sections and calculates figures for each section. Total Energy is one of many calculations that can be derived from the figures for the three sections.

I'm not saying pace handicapping is perfect. I am just pointing out that there were ways to find that winner. It wasn't a total fluke that that horse won.
Thanks Ranchwest for explaining that to me, very interesting. Is there info online or in a book you would recommend that would help me learn that. There is so much info out there and I know learning more will helo me be a better capper and hopefully make more money in this tough game. I struggle trying to compare how a horse will run at a different track though. Like Remington versus Lone Star using that 8 horse as an example with a differnt jockey as well. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated!!!
Old 10-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

I don't know.

Once in a while a 'watch list' horse ends up at Remington, and one thing leads to another

Old 10-22-2021, 11:32 PM   #9
FRMNBRI

Robert when that horse comes up on the watch list for Remington please let me know.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:48 PM   #10
ranchwest

Quote:
Thanks Ranchwest for explaining that to me, very interesting. Is there info online or in a book you would recommend that would help me learn that. There is so much info out there and I know learning more will helo me be a better capper and hopefully make more money in this tough game. I struggle trying to compare how a horse will run at a different track though. Like Remington versus Lone Star using that 8 horse as an example with a differnt jockey as well. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated!!!
You might try Modern Pace Handicapping. It's a bit dated, but it will give you the basics.

The "guru" of pace handicapping was Sartin. He wrote a number of pace programs, but he is now deceased. One program today that uses his concepts in called RDSS.

My pace programming is from a program I wrote for myself.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:14 AM   #11
FRMNBRI

Quote:
You might try Modern Pace Handicapping. It's a bit dated, but it will give you the basics.

The "guru" of pace handicapping was Sartin. He wrote a number of pace programs, but he is now deceased. One program today that uses his concepts in called RDSS.

My pace programming is from a program I wrote for myself.
Im going to check it out and see what I can find. I actually read quite a bit of Modern Pace Handicapping but it was very difficult to get through and like you said because it was outdated it made for a tough read.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:41 AM   #12
ranchwest

Quote:
Im going to check it out and see what I can find. I actually read quite a bit of Modern Pace Handicapping but it was very difficult to get through and like you said because it was outdated it made for a tough read.
It's a tough read because there are a lot of formulas. It is outdated because the formulas have been made more powerful through distance adjustments, track-to-track adjustments, etc. Also, today there are additional concepts that can work in conjunction with the pace basics.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:47 AM   #13
FRMNBRI

Quote:
It's a tough read because there are a lot of formulas. It is outdated because the formulas have been made more powerful through distance adjustments, track-to-track adjustments, etc. Also, today there are additional concepts that can work in conjunction with the pace basics.
So ranch what would you recommend to look at if you did not have your own system you use or is more of something I need to learn on my own more or less. Appreciate all the help. Handicpping is just so tough but I think I love the challenge which is what draws me to this sport so much. The gratifaction you get when a horse runs exactly how you figured it would.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:52 AM   #14
ranchwest

Quote:
So ranch what would you recommend to look at if you did not have your own system you use or is more of something I need to learn on my own more or less. Appreciate all the help. Handicpping is just so tough but I think I love the challenge which is what draws me to this sport so much. The gratifaction you get when a horse runs exactly how you figured it would.
I haven't used any program except my own, so it wouldn't be fair of me to say one is better than another. I am more familiar with RDSS than the others and I do see some people being successful with it. But, it isn't a magic wand. You have to learn how to best utilize it.

Many people who are successful handicappers are maintaining track profiles, record keeping on what factors win.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:48 PM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

MPH the program is available at Trackmaster, web version.
Still works today. I still use my original DOS version with the BRIS download.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: