Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:19 PM   #31
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
by hand you enter stuff?
YES

Old 10-20-2021, 05:39 PM   #32
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
YES

right or left?

Old 10-21-2021, 05:08 AM   #33
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
right or left?

Tom wants nothing to do with the left.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:21 AM   #34
stuball

Angry Hmmmm

With the left being wrong on everything who could blame him for not using the left :head banger:
Old 10-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #35
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Old 10-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #36
cloud9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Hey Dennis:

PLATINUM shows the high of the last-2 Bris Speed...more effective than just using the last race SR only. If the last race was the higher of the last-2, then that would be listed. If the horse only has 1 race to his name-then that single rating would be used.

I misspoke yesterday--said Platinum avgs the last two, which of course, is incorrect.

TRAINER MOVES is a little more sophisticated. It takes the avg of the LAST-3 races. I haven't compared the effectiveness of one method vs the other, but I'm pretty sure avg of last-3 is the better rating.

I know you have the Platinum prog--perfectly fine to use the SR found there. Click and sort top-to-bottom, and there you are.

Greg is this how your explained how you use the maiden method in Platinum .
You take the best Platinum rating an if it has one or the last two best Bris ratings that would be the pick ?

PS. I tried sending a couple private messages to you but for some reason I dont think they went through so I posted here .
Old 10-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #37
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
Greg is this how your explained how you use the maiden method in Platinum .
You take the best Platinum rating an if it has one or the last two best Bris ratings that would be the pick ?

PS. I tried sending a couple private messages to you but for some reason I dont think they went through so I posted here .
Actually, it's better to post here--other Pace-View'ers may have the same question.

The Platinum program shows the best of last-2 speed ratings--so there is nothing else for you to do. As Tom does--ignore races with more FTS than anything else. Hopefully you are saving your recent Bris data files, so you can test spot plays to find out where they work (or not).

-NCG
Old 10-21-2021, 06:14 PM   #38
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

In this time of Covid/Biden, our city services are noticeably under par: Power went out almost all day Monday--then yesterday morning for a couple hours, and last night a couple more hours. I have LED lanterns hanging here inside the house, and I'm just going to leave them up. Our Refuse/Garbage company empties our bins...and manage to get MOST of the trash into their truck. What is spilled in the street--is still there. They just drive away and leave it. Hell happened to customer service???
I drove a paper-shred truck for 10 years. If I spilled one piece of paper--I got out and picked it up. Guess that was the old way of doing your job.

Anyhoo...a spot play I came up with in the new SPEED DEMONS, think Steve named it--

FADED GLORY

--On lead or within 2 lengths at first call, on lead or within 4 lengths at second call, and finished 9 lengths or more back.

--Horse is back in 21 days or less.

--Rider switch today

-T/J combined win % = 20% together.

The "back in 21 days" requirement indicates it is not for classy stakes races--generally fits the claiming races. Usually 1 or 2 or none per day at most tracks.

I played in a HT contest that included the 7th @ Woodbine, but unbelievably I didn't play this:

7TH RACE WOX Old Secrets $40.50 $19.70 $15.70
Old 10-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #39
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

There is a button (Maiden 2nd start) that, when clicked shows any maidens with only one career race. It's not a spot play, it only alerts you that there is a horse making his 2nd start. What to look for? Well, the 1st rule in "Faded Glory" above, is an excellent start:

--On lead or within 2 lengths at first call, on lead or within 4 lengths at second call, and finished 9 lengths or more back.

Many times a horse's 1st race is just a workout...look for any early speed, middle moves, or a sudden late surge, etc. The trainer wants to give the horse a live race and get him used to the the sometimes scary excitement and noises, and so on.

With FTS...I don't really care about pedigree or anything that isn't in my data and PP's. Really, I just let the ML maker handicap first-timers. If there is one that the ML maker has listed at 3-1 or less, I simply pass the race, or in a horizontal wager I'll just add in that maiden. Especially at a track I'm not that familiar with.

I really believe that if one focused on 2nd time starters, there is a nice profit to be had.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #40
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
[B] In this time of Covid/Biden, our city services are noticeably under par: Power went out almost all day Monday--then yesterday morning for a couple hours, and last night a couple more hours. I have LED lanterns hanging here inside the house, and I'm just going to leave them up. Our Refuse/Garbage company empties our bins...and manage to get MOST of the trash into their truck. What is spilled in the street--is still there. They just drive away and leave it. Hell happened to customer service???
I drove a paper-shred truck for 10 years. If I spilled one piece of paper--I got out and picked it up. Guess that was the old way of doing your job.

Greg....Why the power outages?
Here in NY, it goes out in summer when its over 95

Your in mid 60's.........????

Our garbage men used to do that too......

One day I filmed them with my phone and yelled.....Good Morning

They never did it again.....

Mike
Old 10-21-2021, 08:03 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No politics in horse racing threads. You guys know this.

But yet, you still post about the right and the left and BIDEN...come on, man.

you KNOW this...
Old 10-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #42
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No politics in horse racing threads. You guys know this.

But yet, you still post about the right and the left and BIDEN...come on, man.

you KNOW this...
NO NO NO

separate threads ..YOUR the one putting them together

Old 10-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #43
sharkey11

am hearing a begging call
Old 10-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #44
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I honestly didn't consider that a political comment...but okay. No mention of any politicians--got it.

While I'm here, does anyone have a "Horse Watch" account...that actually sends you an email BEFORE the horse runs? I've tried DRF, Bris, and Equibase. Erratic to non-existent, lately. Or I get a notification AFTER the race.
Old 10-21-2021, 10:17 PM   #45
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I honestly didn't consider that a political comment...but okay. No mention of any politicians--got it.

While I'm here, does anyone have a "Horse Watch" account...that actually sends you an email BEFORE the horse runs? I've tried DRF, Bris, and Equibase. Erratic to non-existent, lately. Or I get a notification AFTER the race.
I haven't used DRF's horse-watch alert since before the pandemic. It sorta, kinda worked back then.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: