Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 11-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #271
Ocala Mike

Rumors flying about a big announcement very soon. Looks like the big 3 now are going to be Pfizer, Moderna, and Novavax now that Oxford/Astra Zeneca had a setback.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 05:46 AM   #272
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Rumors flying about a big announcement very soon. Looks like the big 3 now are going to be Pfizer, Moderna, and Novavax now that Oxford/Astra Zeneca had a setback.
With the way insiders have only been their selling their shares for Moderna and Novavax, I wouldn't be surprised if Pfizer, Abbott, or Lilly just doesn't up and buy them outright.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #273
FakeNameChanged

GE

GE's monthly RSI(relative strength) has gone above 50 for the first time in almost four years. I've dissed this company's management and financial shenanigans a year or so ago, but it seems the current CEO has turned things around. No Wallstreet analysts have covered it actively in over a year. It has the look of an old contrarian play to me.

The original company that started this thread, Johnson & Johnson has been killing it.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:26 PM   #274
FakeNameChanged

USO oil fund

Late last summer I made a few comments about $WTIC oil struggling to get above its 250 day Exp. Mov.Average. After going sideways for a few months, it finally crossed the 250 EMA in Nov. Now the USO oil fund is looking to cross that EMA for the 2nd time in 4 days. Next we would like to see the 8 EMA also cross above the 250; it's been below it for about 13 months.

https://schrts.co/ZJEJxFhp

Of course, when that happens, it can go sideways for months on end. Hoping the summer gets a lot of people back on the roads. My gut is telling me, with the predicted transition to EV's this might be the one of oil's last hurrahs.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:46 PM   #275
lamboguy

nice call on GE. i agree with this oil trade as well.. ..its gone up to far and to fast for my liking right now.. i wouldn't be shorting it right now. i think i would be waiting for it to become more extended.

my 2 top trades today are short the US dollar and long silver. i suspect that silver will be at $50 by the end of the year and that would make total sense. if you try to buy physical silver right now you are paying up to $40 for it right now after paying extreme premiums.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2021, 02:58 PM   #276
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
nice call on GE. i agree with this oil trade as well.. ..its gone up to far and to fast for my liking right now.. i wouldn't be shorting it right now. i think i would be waiting for it to become more extended.

my 2 top trades today are short the US dollar and long silver. i suspect that silver will be at $50 by the end of the year and that would make total sense. if you try to buy physical silver right now you are paying up to $40 for it right now after paying extreme premiums.
Long silver(SLV) looks good. The one commodity I try to avoid is NATGAS, it's kicked my ass repeatedly. I saw that some cable stations were running half-hour long infomercials this past weekend on physical silver. I don't like that all those costs are all cooked into the premium.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:39 AM   #277
FakeNameChanged

Nikola-fraud charges again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
The market just loves frauds(NOT). You have to wonder about GM's management team hitching their wagon to the "clown rodeo" known as Nikola. That was a quote from Timothy O'Brien at Bloomberg.

Mary Barra when asked about doing their due diligence on Nikola, said they did "appropriate diligence", I guess that's CEO talk for half-assed diligence. This is a frkn joke for a top exec to make this call. I'll eat my words when their first semi's are rolling off the production lines in big numbers; and the hydrogen infra-structure is set up to fuel them.
It's been reported that NKLA's founder lied about having a fully working prototype to his electric semi-truck. There are supposedly other lies involved.
A week after I reported that GM was still hitching their EV wagon to Nikola, they bowed out. Gapped down this morning, and bear engulfing candle yesterday.

https://schrts.co/gBrqIYTk
Old 04-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #278
FakeNameChanged

Contrarian Investing- JNJ Again

I originally mentioned these types of investments 3 years ago with good ol' Johnson & Johnson. Now with the pause on its vaccine, it looks like I may get a third or fourth go-around with the same company. It was $50 cheaper back in July, 2018. Looks to be another opportunity to use JNJ after the stock takes a hit for the pause in their vaccine. Conversely, Pfizer and Moderna may benefit, even though initially they make take a hit also.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #279
FakeNameChanged

Apple-Contrarian

I swing trade AAPL regularly, primarily because it's been a long time momentum leader for the whole market. It's somewhat battered recently, and I've seen a couple of print articles and talking heads saying it's no longer the leader in the tech sector. It's down about $20 since its high in late Jan. A few talking heads have even suggested that Cook's recent association with Trump was causing the choppy downward or sideways spiral. I think AAPL with be the mother of contrarian plays when it gets its footing.

Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Do your own due diligence.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #280
FakeNameChanged

AAPL

Quote:
I swing trade AAPL regularly, primarily because it's been a long time momentum leader for the whole market. It's somewhat battered recently, and I've seen a couple of print articles and talking heads saying it's no longer the leader in the tech sector. It's down about $20 since its high in late Jan. A few talking heads have even suggested that Cook's recent association with Trump was causing the choppy downward or sideways spiral. I think AAPL with be the mother of contrarian plays when it gets its footing.

Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Do your own due diligence.
Up over $6.00 since posting, not a big deal with these FAANG stocks. One of the talking heads last night was promoting Newmont mining, down 6.6% today. It may have been Cramer, I don't remember, to be fair. He's also higher on Ford over GM, based on F-150 truck going electric. Mary Barra's leadership at GM has been suspect lately, IMO.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #281
FakeNameChanged

Tesla

Quote:
It may have been Cramer, I don't remember, to be fair. He's also higher on Ford over GM, based on F-150 truck going electric. Mary Barra's leadership at GM has been suspect lately, IMO.
TSLA looks like it may have stopped dropping and is consolidating, while Ford, GM, Honda, and Toyota are all headed down. NIO looks like the best Electric Car value right now.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:25 AM   #282
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
TSLA looks like it may have stopped dropping and is consolidating, while Ford, GM, Honda, and Toyota are all headed down. NIO looks like the best Electric Car value right now.
TSLA is the only one that's up, about 9% from last posting but very choppy. The other car makers are mostly sideways to down.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:51 PM   #283
FakeNameChanged

Facebook- Huge contrarian play

I posted this two weeks ago, on the Facebook inquiry thread: 10/4/21
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...acebook&page=2

Quote:
I'd usually post this on the contrarian thread, but it works here as well. Big companies who dominate their sector, and can print money are the Mother of all Contrarian plays when something like this happens. As long as the negative news does not involve cooking the books, these companies recover quickly after the stock damage has occurred.
The one kicker is we need to see if this tech and overall market correction, is the real deal or just a temporary setback. I think the platform outage and congressional hearing is a big, fat nothing-burger. Ideally, I'd prefer the price gets down to the 200-day Moving Ave. or lower, and tech and the market recovered at the same time.

Closed at $326 on the day this was posted. Up $15 in just 11 days. It's just getting warmed up.

The same thing applies to APPLE, bad news that shipments of I-phone crap will be lower, price defies the logic of all the talking heads on CNBC and Bloomberg.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #284
FakeNameChanged

Facebook and Apple

Quote:
I posted this two weeks ago, on the Facebook inquiry thread: 10/4/21
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...acebook&page=2

Closed at $326 on the day this was posted. Up $15 in just 11 days. It's just getting warmed up.

The same thing applies to APPLE, bad news that shipments of I-phone crap will be lower, price defies the logic of all the talking heads on CNBC and Bloomberg.
After Facebook was camped below its 50 Day Mov Ave for almost two months, it's come roaring back. It's gapped up four of the last six days.

Apple seems to have found its footing too but still hasn't regained its high of 156.46 on Sept. 7th.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:03 AM   #285
FakeNameChanged

Spotify

Almost everyone has heard about the Neil Young vs Joe Rogan controversy with Spotify($SPOT). Now I confess to knowing very little about SPOT's business model, but all this bad press may make it a great Contrarian play going forward.
Everyone has wrongly reported that it cost Spotify $4 billion to pull Neil Young, which is totally false. Their market cap the day before they announced they were pulling Neil Young's music was $35.2 Billion(1/25/22). On 1/28/22, it was $33.1 Billion or $2.1 billion.

On Nov. 1, 2021, at their most recent high, their market cap was $57.6 billion or $22.4 billion higher than the day they announced pulling his music. Their stock price has been in a free-fall for months(see chart). And they have a forward P/E of -428! But their numbers look like they're improving.

I say wait and let the dust settle, this may be a nice contrarian play.

https://schrts.co/zmAhwkDK

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: