Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-18-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
FRMNBRI

Canterbury Park, race 6?? Please help

Hey Fellas,

I am loosing my faith in the stewards and racing overall with some of this non sense. Someone please watch the replay and tell me how in the world the heavy favorite horse was not DQ and placed second. I understand that these decisions are a judgment call and I would love to hear what Vic Stauffer has to say about this. I don't think I have seen anything quite like this but maybe i am missing something. So Vic if you log in and see this post please reply bc I think you always have great answers and maybe can show me something I didn't see.
Thanks guys
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2021, 09:22 PM   #2
iamt

One can only assume the stewards decided that the interference wasn't enough to say the second horse would have one without it. Which is a pretty reasonable decision.

If somehow it had finished 3rd close behind second and cost it a placing they would have had little choice, but as it was this all seems fine to me.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #3
Zman179
Registered Wacko

I’m not a steward, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

While that was one of the most erratic runs I have ever seen in a stakes race in my entire 40 year betting career, I agree with the steward’s decision. The horse was over a length clear at the first instance and the second instance came after the winner crossed the finish line.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #4
jay68802

The only reason the was clear, was because the checked to keep from being hit. True bullshit decision.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2021, 09:31 PM   #5
FRMNBRI

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick response. The last interference looked to me like it was before the wire but again some people might see different views on there wagering platform etc or replays. It looked like when he came over the first time the jock on the had to take up a bit. I have never seen anything like that before in my life with such erratic race riding.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:34 PM   #6
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
The only reason the was clear, was because the checked to keep from being hit. True bullshit decision.
I have to agree with you jay. I just watched it again. Complete and utter bullshit. I guess we are at the mercy of the stewards though. Nothing we can do about it except complain to each other here. Makes me sick with the sport though at times.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:38 PM   #7
iamt

The second interference if before the wire, was so close as to be somewhat meaningless. The issue is really all in the first time they crossed and while the second horse took up, in my view, the cost wasn't huge.

Each to their own when it comes to these things though.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2021, 07:00 AM   #8
jameegray1

Would have been no surprise if had been DQ'd but I agree with the stewards that he would have won anyway. The second interference was after the line. I rated it an 8/10 for DQ live then downgraded it to 5/10 after seeing the replay.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2021, 08:55 AM   #9
geroge.burns99
Veteran

actually, this race was not playable

look for value!!!!

GB
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
actually, this race was not playable

look for value!!!!

GB
I did not play the race, but stand by my comment.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply