Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 03:01 PM   #1
razor68

BETFAIR

Banned from New jersey.

From what I hear from friends overseas.

Low liquidity, they have live video feeds.

Someone explain how a exchange site competing with race tracks.. get hold of live video? Why do tracks allow this?

Pretty clear they don't share there videos with their players? So they seed and trade on their own markets and steal innocent peoples money in the process. Should be a disclosure that says "5-10 seconds behind.. be careful. If you are seeing a video that is super delayed and you lose that kinda sucks. but to them that is alright.

They robbed me of 18 thousand years ago. For absolutely nothing. I know pace advantage is close with betfair so this will probably will come down. I will never forgive them. My friend still plays in Ireland but says what they are doing is criminal. They have taken others money for no reason also...

If anyone sees this. Step up..

If your a race track. Tell them to **** off if they have access to the live streams.
razor68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
lamboguy

i doubt if Betfair has anything to do with this forum... however I do believe that someone is getting live feeds from Betfair to steal money from the in-progress players. many people don't know that the video we see on television is something like 40 seconds behind.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 07:59 PM   #3
razor68

Well betfair and paddy power are very arrogant. They are blood suckers. Lowest form of life. Any they have no regrets for their behaviour. Steal money. Who provides them with live feeds? They got them even during the pandemic.. and who tells them when a horse is broken down. Its in the chart every time. Pace advantage does not like the cold hard truth. But that company is criminal.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:01 PM   #4
razor68

If you are within a country that allows betting in their corrupt site. Call and ask them to provide you the picture or feed they get.. see what they say. They want every advantage. They are just gonna lose player after player until no one is betting. have fun betting against ur self betfair.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:06 PM   #5
thespaah

"live" feeds

I've chimed in on this issue on numerous occasions.
First, there is NO SUCH THING as a live feed off the actual racetrack site.
On track, the human eye cannot discern the delay because the speed of light, the speed at which electrons travel.
Now, lets take a brief look at the process.
The racetrack at which the event takes place, sends the video/audio package either via satellite( C-Band) or across the internet.
That's step one. Then, the sat signal is bounced off a satellite in space, back down to earth to an uplink center. Step 2, The signal is then sent back up into space, to be bounced off another satellite back to earth. Step 3. The wagering hub, receives the signal, then sends the signal to their internet servers. Step 4>>out to the ISP servers from which the customers receive their internet service.
Some of this is transmitted via fiber optic cable which allows for much faster transmission. Ultimately the signal finally gets to the end user.
That's a lot of processing. Delay is affected by traffic and other factors.
I'll give an example.
I have the MLB.TV package. I watch Mets games on my computer or device.
The delay from real time is usually about 30 to 45 seconds.
I also subscribe to the NHL streaming package. Their servers are MUCH slower.
NHL games streamed can be around TWO minutes behind real time.
I realize the frustration horse players. Especially those who prefer to send their wagers as late as humanly possible.
Unless one has a direct hardwire link via a fiber optic cable from every track on which they wager, there will always be a delay

Last edited by thespaah; 07-28-2021 at 08:08 PM.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 08:13 PM   #6
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
I've chimed in on this issue on numerous occasions.
First, there is NO SUCH THING as a live feed off the actual racetrack site.
On track, the human eye cannot discern the delay because the speed of light, the speed at which electrons travel.
Now, lets take a brief look at the process.
The racetrack at which the event takes place, sends the video/audio package either via satellite( C-Band) or across the internet.
That's step one. Then, the sat signal is bounced off a satellite in space, back down to earth to an uplink center. Step 2, The signal is then sent back up into space, to be bounced off another satellite back to earth. Step 3. The wagering hub, receives the signal, then sends the signal to their internet servers. Step 4>>out to the ISP servers from which the customers receive their internet service.
Some of this is transmitted via fiber optic cable which allows for much faster transmission. Ultimately the signal finally gets to the end user.
That's a lot of processing. Delay is affected by traffic and other factors.
I'll give an example.
I have the MLB.TV package. I watch Mets games on my computer or device.
The delay from real time is usually about 30 to 45 seconds.
I also subscribe to the NHL streaming package. Their servers are MUCH slower.
NHL games streamed can be around TWO minutes behind real time.
I realize the frustration horse players. Especially those who prefer to send their wagers as late as humanly possible.
Unless one has a direct hardwire link via a fiber optic cable from every track on which they wager, there will always be a delay
I have been to two tracks live.. with my human eye. They suspend the market back when i was allowed on the site.. right with what i see in front of me. So either they have a guy at every track or that delay is so minimal its incredible.
And if they have access to a feed that is via fiber why not allow thier customers access to have fair chance? It is in running...
Old 07-28-2021, 08:16 PM   #7
razor68

How can my friend bet when he is 10 seconds behind...
Old 07-28-2021, 09:36 PM   #8
iamt

Betfair in the UK also allow parimutuel betting. They close the exchange market on the close betting signal in that feed, nothing to do with vision.

In the UK people pay subscriptions to drone operators to see live pictures and bet ahead of anyone else, their advantage is nothing to do with Betfair just motivated people exploiting an advantage. Surely people everywhere are smart enough to see that advantage if they can, all it would take for US markets is someone on course with a phone like the tennis courtsiders, again nothing that Betfair are necessarily directly involved in.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 09:44 PM   #9
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor68 View Post
I have been to two tracks live.. with my human eye. They suspend the market back when i was allowed on the site.. right with what i see in front of me. So either they have a guy at every track or that delay is so minimal its incredible.
And if they have access to a feed that is via fiber why not allow thier customers access to have fair chance? It is in running...
"Unless one has a direct hardwire link via a fiber optic cable from every track on which they wager..."
This is what is known as 'using an absurdity to make a point'...
I cannot believe I am having to explain this..
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2021, 11:57 PM   #10
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor68 View Post
How can my friend bet when he is 10 seconds behind...
why would he bet against people at the track?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2021, 08:54 PM   #11
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
why would he bet against people at the track?
He gave up. just like im sure anyone would who can see betfair owning a huge advantage while benefiting by seeding their own markets. Thats why companies like this get so rich. They just rape people non stop and ppl like on this forum change the subject or talk about irrelevant facts bc I guess it makes them sound smart.. Be smart and broke. All good.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #12
iamt

Quick question. How long did your friend bet in play for??

Because if it is any longer than a day he is an idiot for not realizing he couldn't win sooner
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2021, 08:58 PM   #13
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
"Unless one has a direct hardwire link via a fiber optic cable from every track on which they wager..."
This is what is known as 'using an absurdity to make a point'...
I cannot believe I am having to explain this..
So than why do they offer good feeds for UK racing if it is impossible to do so on their through their website for us racing.

Your majesty if you can take the time for us dumb people to speak to that point. You are extremely smart and successful so do tell us.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:01 PM   #14
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt View Post

Because if it is any longer than a day he is an idiot for not realizing he couldn't win sooner
You do realize that everyone who bets on their website than are idiots. because I'm sure 95% do not have betfairs feed. He like me used to do very well when bf was not in bed with the track they offer.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #15
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt View Post

I have not bet for years.. but they also did shady things like take 18 thousand from me for no reason... believe it or not.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: