Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
Boomer

Lone Star Race 9 Another whip issue hurting bettors

First ducks in from right handed whipping, Then significantly ducks out from right hand whipping wiping out the horse.

Another race that hurt the bettors due to horses ducking from the whip and causing changes in outcomes.

I'm still waiting for that "significant event" at Monmouth due. to their no whip rule. In the meantime there have been none so Monmouth continues to get my betting dollars

Last edited by Boomer; 06-12-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
First ducks in from right handed whipping, Then significantly ducks out from right hand whipping wiping out the horse.

Another race that hurt the bettors due to horses ducking from the whip and causing changes in outcomes.

I'm still waiting for that "significant event" at Monmouth due. to their no whip rule. In the meantime there have been none so Monmouth continues to get my betting dollars
Ummm...OK.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:20 PM   #3
AskinHaskin

Quote:

We give up... how, precisely were the bettors "hurt" by whatever in the world you are trying to describe??

Did it make the takeout go higher??

Did the ducking horse leap onto the 'apron' and take-out the four guys who decided to walk away from SAMS and go outside and watch a race in the Covid-free air?

Just what was the issue that hurt the collective bettors??
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2021, 11:34 PM   #4
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
We give up... how, precisely were the bettors "hurt" by whatever in the world you are trying to describe??

Did it make the takeout go higher??

Did the ducking horse leap onto the 'apron' and take-out the four guys who decided to walk away from SAMS and go outside and watch a race in the Covid-free air?

Just what was the issue that hurt the collective bettors??

Another genius,
First off the knocked the off his stride completely keeping the from getting a fair finish and possibly winning, the was dq'ed as well.

Two horse placing were tarnished by horses shying from the whip. Hurting the bettors who wagered on them. Do you get it now or should I draw you a picture

Pretty lame try at sarcasm. Or maybe you are just a clown. Yuk Yuk
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2021, 12:18 AM   #5
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Another genius,
First off the knocked the off his stride completely keeping the from getting a fair finish and possibly winning, the was dq'ed as well.

Two horse placing were tarnished by horses shying from the whip. Hurting the bettors who wagered on them. Do you get it now or should I draw you a picture

Or maybe you are the Clown. You cite an example of "whips bad" from a race at Lone Star Park. Are you just scouring track feeds looking for incidents to bolster your narrative?

We get it. Your "woke" racing suits your eye well. I am sure there are others in the same boat as you. It doesn't suit others. The Handle numbers PROVE this. The problem is you keep ranting about this to people whose minds you aren't going to change. Not to mention the "concern for the Horses" angle isn't flying with people. The same Track banning whipping, purposefully and openly, through the Media, welcomed a known Horse Doper to race at their Track. You preaching this Hypocrisy to the many savvy people here on this site is absolutely as obtuse as it gets.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #6
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Or maybe you are the Clown. You cite an example of "whips bad" from a race at Lone Star Park. Are you just scouring track feeds looking for incidents to bolster your narrative?

We get it. Your "woke" racing suits your eye well. I am sure there are others in the same boat as you. It doesn't suit others. The Handle numbers PROVE this. The problem is you keep ranting about this to people whose minds you aren't going to change. Not to mention the "concern for the Horses" angle isn't flying with people. The same Track banning whipping, purposefully and openly, through the Media, welcomed a known Horse Doper to race at their Track. You preaching this Hypocrisy to the many savvy people here on this site is absolutely as obtuse as it gets.
They were also “woke” when they didn’t allow spurring a horse back in the day. Things evolve. Or when they started drug testing. Or any of the million other things they have done to help with horse welfare.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2021, 09:28 PM   #7
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
They were also “woke” when they didn’t allow spurring a horse back in the day. Things evolve. Or when they started drug testing. Or any of the million other things they have done to help with horse welfare.

Allan
They were also sort of "woke" when practically every Track mandated the use of the new whips. But, of course...that wasn't enough for those who are just looking for something to stir shit over. If this isn't true...tell me why supporters of the racing at Monmouth Park aren't completely up in arms over Drazin's fawning over Bob Baffert after Churchill's 2-year ban of the Doper.

Can't wait to hear this answer. Also prepared to be ignored since this will require an answer that won't be so "woke".
Old 06-13-2021, 10:59 PM   #8
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Another genius,

Now you've changed your clueless story.

First you claimed that this "whip issue" was hurting bettors (an inference to all bettors)

And now you've altered it to imply (just you and the other saps who bet on the same plug you bet on).

Well we have news for you, buddy, most bettors couldn't care less about whatever plug you backed in some random race which doesn't matter one iota.

Find something more relevant to whine (here) about.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #9
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
Now you've changed your clueless story.

First you claimed that this "whip issue" was hurting bettors (an inference to all bettors)

And now you've altered it to imply (just you and the other saps who bet on the same plug you bet on).

Well we have news for you, buddy, most bettors couldn't care less about whatever plug you backed in some random race which doesn't matter one iota.

Find something more relevant to whine (here) about.
Old 06-14-2021, 05:48 AM   #10
biggestal99

Quote:
They were also sort of "woke" when practically every Track mandated the use of the new whips. But, of course...that wasn't enough for those who are just looking for something to stir shit over. If this isn't true...tell me why supporters of the racing at Monmouth Park aren't completely up in arms over Drazin's fawning over Bob Baffert after Churchill's 2-year ban of the Doper.

Can't wait to hear this answer. Also prepared to be ignored since this will require an answer that won't be so "woke".
It’s not woke to be concerned about horse welfare.

I do think it’s hypocritical that drazin welcomes a drugger with open arms
But that has nothing to do with the whipping issue at hand.

Caring for our betting instruments is of upmost importance to me.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
alhattab

Quote:

My view on the Baffert "fawning"- a reasonably accurate portrayal- is that I don't mind allowing Baffert to run. He should be afforded due process. However Drazin clouded the issue by referring to Baffert as a friend of the track. That is completely irrelevant and using that as a rationale was inappropriate.

Also, as I wrote this I thought that Servis and Navarro have not yet been afforded due process, but those allegations combined with other factors (e.g., performance, the "juice man" video, etc.) merited banishment before due process was complete.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #12
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
It’s not woke to be concerned about horse welfare.

I do think it’s hypocritical that drazin welcomes a drugger with open arms
But that has nothing to do with the whipping issue at hand.

Caring for our betting instruments is of upmost importance to me.

Allan
You are right...it isn't "woke" to be concerned about Horse Welfare. It is the height of "woke", however, to scream about the whipping of Horses with a soft whip while ignoring the fact that a KNOWN Horse Doper is welcome to race at your Paradise.

Therefore..."care for your betting instruments" cannot possibly be of utmost importance to you. Are you really that dense?
Old 06-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #13
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
My view on the Baffert "fawning"- a reasonably accurate portrayal- is that I don't mind allowing Baffert to run. He should be afforded due process. However Drazin clouded the issue by referring to Baffert as a friend of the track. That is completely irrelevant and using that as a rationale was inappropriate.

Also, as I wrote this I thought that Servis and Navarro have not yet been afforded due process, but those allegations combined with other factors (e.g., performance, the "juice man" video, etc.) merited banishment before due process was complete.
But banishment of a guy who Doped a Horse in a Triple Crown Race would be a violation of Due Process???

No wonder Bettors shun Monmouth Park. Doping in the Biggest Race in the Country doesn't matter to Drazin. Sheesh...

Last edited by Elkchester Road; 06-14-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Elkchester Road is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #14
alhattab

Quote:
But banishment of a guy who Doped a Horse in a Triple Crown Race would be a violation of Due Process???

No wonder Bettors shun Monmouth Park. Doping in the Biggest Race in the Country doesn't matter to Drazin. Sheesh...
In this case yes in my view. Nothing wrt Baffert has been adjudicated yet. The other guys are indicted. Also as far as I know only CD and NYRA have banned Baffert and no racing commission has yet, which provides an indication of his legal standing at this stage.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #15
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
In this case yes in my view. Nothing wrt Baffert has been adjudicated yet. The other guys are indicted. Also as far as I know only CD and NYRA have banned Baffert and no racing commission has yet, which provides an indication of his legal standing at this stage.
The positive was caught...then re-caught. This isn't being disputed by Baffert...or his Attorneys. Is he trying to mitigate his future punishment? Yes. Is he trying to get off the hook completely? No. That isn't happening.

If you are under the impression he is "getting off the hook" for this...