Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #5386
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Let's face it: The secularists bring their presuppositions to bear upon any findings and conclude a lot differently than do other scholars. Of course, there are limitations, also, to archaeology. As writer of the last article I posted stated archaeology cannot prove every historical detail.
Face it. You are ignorant of almost all science, history, technology and math. Archaeology is simply another science you know nothing about.

Your apologetic so-called "scholars" are as relevant to what happened historically as your pal Bishop Ussher and his absurd chronology is to the age of the universe. Or your notion that there is a difference between "chronological time" and "logical time",. or THAT YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO SUBDIVIDE MATHEMATICALLY, ....for some reason, A CUBIC CENTIMETER INTO SMALLER DIMENSIONS!!!

Last edited by hcap; 02-09-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #5387
hcap

Your literal mis-interpretation of the bible is by far the worst mistake you make. You can claim ignorance on the list of sciences and topics I just mentioned which you OBVIOUSLY do not follow, and I can understand it (but not condone it), however your tin ear on scripture is proof you have nothing but blind belief. No depth, no connection with other religions or legend and myths, with zero wisdom. You have very little self knowledge.

Of course preaching constantly only proved your ego is flaming loud and unquenchable and gets in your way. You step on your tongue often.

You should attempt silence for a while and give us all a break.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #5388
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Right. That's what I have been saying all along.
No. I, for one, accept that there is no meaning and move on.
Right! Except for the part about evolving from a rock. We evolved from a liquid.
Right! I covered why early in Religion I. Do you want me to go over it again?
Ah...very good. We're making some progress; for previously you have argued strenuously that there is meaning to life for you, in spite of the logical inference to the contrary. So...since there is no objective meaning to life, then this leaves everyone to their own subjective views as to the value of life. One person may feel strongly that life is valuable. Another may feel that all life is a giant exercise in futility and no one's life has much value, and someone else may feel somewhere in between.

Liquid, rock? No difference in principle, for both are inorganic. Who can say with an degree of certitude that once upon a time there wasn't a [dead] rock that oozed non-living, primeval, prebiotic, organic soup?

And since you're volunteering a definition of "abiogenisis", sure go ahead and refresh everyone's memory. Maybe I could even entice you to give me a BOGO deal by defining for us what the Law of Biogenisis is?
Old 02-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #5389
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Face it. You are ignorant of almost all science, history, technology and math. Archaeology is simply another science you know nothing about.

Your apologetic so-called "scholars" are as relevant to what happened historically as your pal Bishop Ussher and his absurd chronology is to the age of the universe. Or your notion that there is a difference between "chronological time" and "logical time",. or THAT YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO SUBDIVIDE MATHEMATICALLY, ....for some reason, A CUBIC CENTIMETER INTO SMALLER DIMENSIONS!!!
And you are ignorant of all truth because all truth is God's truth! Funny how only you godless secular humanists have a mortal lock on "real" knowledge and own all the "real" scholars.

And yes, there is a difference in definitions between "logical" and "chronological". You might want to look those up and learn something. And to this day, you have failed to tackle two fatal flaws that I have presented to your utterly inane theory that the Future flows from the Past. You have failed to explain how we cannot know the future with any degree of certainty even though you say it flows from the Past which we know quite well. And then you have failed to tell us how the Present can possibly be the termination point or "basin" into which the Future must flow since it's coming out of the Past. If the Present is the termination point of all Time, then how can there be more unused, unlived time which call the Future?
Old 02-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #5390
boxcar

Quote:
Your literal mis-interpretation of the bible is by far the worst mistake you make. You can claim ignorance on the list of sciences and topics I just mentioned which you OBVIOUSLY do not follow, and I can understand it (but not condone it), however your tin ear on scripture is proof you have nothing but blind belief. No depth, no connection with other religions or legend and myths, with zero wisdom. You have very little self knowledge.

Of course preaching constantly only proved your ego is flaming loud and unquenchable and gets in your way. You step on your tongue often.

You should attempt silence for a while and give us all a break.
You should take your own advice on silence and quit trying to beat up the wind. It is you who talk to us about with all your supposed enlightenment about and knowledge of the Unknowable or Unknown -- all because others before you have done the same thing -- speak out of their dark ignorance of Unlimited Agnosticism as though they, too, could tell us anything meaningful about about the Unknown or Unknowable. Classic example of the blind leading the blind!
Old 02-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #5391
hcap

Quote:
... your utterly inane theory that the Future flows from the Past. You have failed to explain how we cannot know the future with any degree of certainty even though you say it flows from the Past which we know quite well. And then you have failed to tell us how the Present can possibly be the termination point or "basin" into which the Future must flow since it's coming out of the Past. If the Present is the termination point of all Time, then how can there be more unused, unlived time which call the Future?
Of course a renowned "physicist like you who brags to have instructed Prof. Hawking (personally?) can believe this nonsense although it is obvious you are totally ignorant of causality and probability, and need a lot of help with your basic multiplication tables as well as the concept of exponents---- let alone 1/2 dozen other basic laws of physics and science.

No wonder Archaeology is way beyond your grasp.

Espousing piles of bullshit on every subjects earns you no degrees or credibility.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #5392
hcap

Quote:
....it is you who talk to us about with all your supposed enlightenment
When did I ever? Quote me.I did say your views are definitely UN-enlightened.

Hows about you bullshitting about being one of the few "saved"?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #5393
boxcar

Quote:
Of course a renowned "physicist like you who brags to have instructed Prof. Hawking (personally?) can believe this nonsense although it is obvious you are totally ignorant of causality and probability, and need a lot of help with your basic multiplication tables as well as the concept of exponents---- let alone 1/2 dozen other basic laws of physics and science.

No wonder Archaeology is way beyond your grasp.

Espousing piles of bullshit on every subjects earns you no degrees or credibility.

Quit with the ad hominems, Address the two problems. Oh wait...you CAN'T, can you? Hmm...Why don't you contact the Honorable Prof. Hawking? Perhaps he can give you solutions for both. I keep telling you that logic trumps science and there's a logical reason for this, which you'll never be able figure out.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-10-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #5394
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Maybe I could even entice you to give me a BOGO deal by defining for us what the Law of Biogenisis is?
Law of Biogenesis: In a small closed system containing organic material new organisms are generated from the organic material of older organisms.

The operative words are small and closed. The law is not valid for large systems or for open systems.

Coined by Huxley in he mid-19th century.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #5395
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Ah...very good. We're making some progress; ...
Going for the low hanging fruit! No response to #5385. That's OK. Sun Tsu would be proud of you.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #5396
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Quit with the ad hominems, ...
Pot calling the kettle black.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #5397
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Liquid, rock? No difference in principle, for both are inorganic.
Big difference. Rocks are solid. All solids are crystalline. Liquids are not. Chemical reactions do not take place in solids. (Except possibly at very high pressures which break the crystalline bonds, e.g., in a blacksmith's forge.)
Old 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #5398
boxcar

Quote:
Big difference. Rocks are solid. All solids are crystalline. Liquids are not. Chemical reactions do not take place in solids. (Except possibly at very high pressures which break the crystalline bonds, e.g., in a blacksmith's forge.)
Do you know what the term "principle" means? I know that rocks and liquids differ in form, but they don't differ in principle because both are matter.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #5399
boxcar

Quote:
Law of Biogenesis: In a small closed system containing organic material new organisms are generated from the organic material of older organisms.

The operative words are small and closed. The law is not valid for large systems or for open systems.

Coined by Huxley in he mid-19th century.
Define, please, "open" and "large" systems, and give an example of each.

No BOGO, heh? I thought you were going to give us the definition of "abiogensis".
Old 02-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #5400
boxcar

Quote:
Going for the low hanging fruit! No response to #5385. That's OK. Sun Tsu would be proud of you.
Hopefully, Jesus is even more proud of me. And that's what really counts.